B.C. Conservative jumps into the Kelowna West race

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: B.C. Conservative jumps into the Kelowna West race

Post by Verum »

Good to see some more competition in this race, even it if almost certainly won't change the outcome. Hopefully it will further educate the voters about some of the myriad of possible political platforms.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Verum wrote:Good to see some more competition in this race, even it if almost certainly won't change the outcome. Hopefully it will further educate the voters about some of the myriad of possible political platforms.

It may very well change the outcome. Having two conservative candidates in the race will split the right vote. Ben Stewart is probably nervously sipping on his cheapest Quail's Gate wine right now, saying "Uh-oh, I wasn't expecting this!"
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Cactusflower wrote:It may very well change the outcome. Having two conservative candidates in the race will split the right vote. Ben Stewart is probably nervously sipping on his cheapest Quail's Gate wine right now, saying "Uh-oh, I wasn't expecting this!"

Do you really think this? The Cons in BC have been lesser than the greens and I haven't heard of any bit comeback by them. Kudos to running for all candidates but I don't think this is a swing maker in action.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Veovis wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:It may very well change the outcome. Having two conservative candidates in the race will split the right vote. Ben Stewart is probably nervously sipping on his cheapest Quail's Gate wine right now, saying "Uh-oh, I wasn't expecting this!"

Do you really think this? The Cons in BC have been lesser than the greens and I haven't heard of any bit comeback by them. Kudos to running for all candidates but I don't think this is a swing maker in action.

Normally a Conservative candidate in B.C. doesn't make any headway whatsoever, but this time it could be different. After all, both the Cons and the BC Libs are right wing parties and there could be a lot of disgruntled BC Liberal supporters who are finally fed up with their 'free enterprise coalition' and ready to vote for a real Conservative party for a change.

Like I've always said, it wasn't just Christy Clark who lost the last election; it was the whole motley crew.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Veovis wrote:

Are you underestimating the underdog? Because everyone loves the underdog. Even if the underdog has to start somewhere and make waves and show up in the next election. It's about time the BC Conservatives rose up to assert themselves.

Split the vote. Underdog :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

A few points:

1 We know from internal sources that the BC Liberals are in polarized disarray approaching the leadership vote on 3 Feb, and following the federal by-election that saw a BC Lib run and win for the federal Libs, putting to bed the myth that the BC Libs are in any way a "free enterprise party."

2 The BC Conservatives have rebuilt both their social and technological infrastructure and are firing on all cylinders.

3 The 3 Feb leadership election is going to send numerous former BC Libs looking for a home no matter who wins.

4 Stewart is already under fire for his patronage appointment and lack of zeal.

5 Kelowna West is ground zero for small c conservatives, so it is between the BC Cons and the BC Libs.

6 Mark Thompson is an extremely credible candidate.
Last edited by ScottSA on Jan 25th, 2018, 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So, um, are you the BC Conservative Interm leader? ^^
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Im very curious about the new BC libertarian party. I dont know much about them yet but its nice to see a new face/option in the race and from a quick look at their Website I think a lot of BC residents can relate to their platform. I feel many of us are torn between core Conservative values and Liberal freedoms. The trick is finding that perfect zone in between the two.

If i had my way, Jordan Peterson would be Prime Minister and Mark Steyn would be his right hand man. We NEED people with strong logic and reasoning in power, not weak emotions and PC agendas.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Nedroj wrote:Im very curious about the new BC libertarian party. I dont know much about them yet but its nice to see a new face/option in the race and from a quick look at their Website I think a lot of BC residents can relate to their platform. I feel many of us are torn between core Conservative values and Liberal freedoms. The trick is finding that perfect zone in between the two.

If i had my way, Jordan Peterson would be Prime Minister and Mark Steyn would be his right hand man. We NEED people with strong logic and reasoning in power, not weak emotions and PC agendas.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

“Weak emotions” what are you a sociopath? You know that empathy and emotion are what allowed us to evolve beyond other animals right? To build a society where we work together for the benefit of all.

Libertarianism is a front to allow those who already have power to take further advantage of those who don’t. To let businesses escape regulation. To be allowed zero accountability and cut corners and harm their customers.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I tought a read the BC Cons were gonna look into dumping ICBC, maybe it was just some gossip but that alone would be a winning cause.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Omnitheo wrote:“Weak emotions” what are you a sociopath? You know that empathy and emotion are what allowed us to evolve beyond other animals right? To build a society where we work together for the benefit of all.

Libertarianism is a front to allow those who already have power to take further advantage of those who don’t. To let businesses escape regulation. To be allowed zero accountability and cut corners and harm their customers.

So let me ask you this, would the world be better or worse is everyone acted or reacted based on their personal/individual emotions and not on the logical solution obtained by the group? A perfect example of why your idea can be dangerous is with our justice system and why we consider people innocent until proven guilty.

Empathy and Emotions is what got us from being monkeys to civilized talking humans. Logic, reasoning and using our developed language is what evolved us from simple Human beings to the complex civilization we have right now.

Libertarian is a balance of liberal freedoms, conservative values and free market enterprise. The exact definition is as such for your reference:
Libertarianism is a collection of political philosophies and movements that uphold liberty as a core principle.[1] Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, individual judgment and self-ownership. I dont see anything wrong with that does anyone else?
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^ I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm still trying to make sense of your definition of Libertarianism.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Cactusflower wrote:^^ I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm still trying to make sense of your definition of Libertarianism.

It's from wiki not "your" definition.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “B.C.”