B.C. Conservative jumps into the Kelowna West race

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: B.C. Conservative jumps into the Kelowna West race

Post by Verum »

Nedroj wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:“Weak emotions” what are you a sociopath? You know that empathy and emotion are what allowed us to evolve beyond other animals right? To build a society where we work together for the benefit of all.

Libertarianism is a front to allow those who already have power to take further advantage of those who don’t. To let businesses escape regulation. To be allowed zero accountability and cut corners and harm their customers.

So let me ask you this, would the world be better or worse is everyone acted or reacted based on their personal/individual emotions and not on the logical solution obtained by the group? A perfect example of why your idea can be dangerous is with our justice system and why we consider people innocent until proven guilty.

Empathy and Emotions is what got us from being monkeys to civilized talking humans. Logic, reasoning and using our developed language is what evolved us from simple Human beings to the complex civilization we have right now.

Libertarian is a balance of liberal freedoms, conservative values and free market enterprise. The exact definition is as such for your reference:
Libertarianism is a collection of political philosophies and movements that uphold liberty as a core principle.[1] Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, individual judgment and self-ownership. I dont see anything wrong with that does anyone else?

The definition of Libertarianism you provide is not necessarily inconsistent with Omnitheo's statements about it. I don't entirely agree with either by the way, but Libertarianism is just too ideologically based and fails to take into account human nature, the very same way that Communism fails. Extremes tend to suffer from these problems.
By the way, I was once a Libertarian of sorts and broadly bought into the concept, but there are too many lose ends, too many inefficiencies, too little attempt to deal with utility and too much belief that the system won't tend towards either a state of chaos or an ever increasing state of inequality. It was attractive to me as a teenager, and not so much to me as an adult.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Excuse me, and I hope I don’t make anyone emotional if I simply don’t rationalize my complete disinterest in seeing the logic behind this discussion surrounding libertarianism…

BC Conservative jumps into the Kelowna West race, how about that?

I agree with the poster that said, a solid candidate too. Not my riding, thankfully, but I’ve followed Mark Thompson for a few years now and I appreciate his commitment to public service. I’m interested in seeing what Mark brings to the race and wish him well.

Agree with some of Verum’s earlier post – Good to see some more competition in this race.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

After getting to hear from Mark Thompson tonight, I am glad that the Conservatives have jumped in this race. He was definitely the best of the lot tonight.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Go, Mark!

Return to “B.C.”