55403

Auditor General to review Site C

Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 25th, 2018, 12:34 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4502607
I guess the fat lady has yet to sing after all.
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2962
Likes: 1381 posts
Liked in: 633 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 25th, 2018, 12:56 am

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.

Critics of the project have asked her to review the NDP's decision to allow dam construction to move forward, but Bellringer said that falls outside her mandate.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

5 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3713
Likes: 3550 posts
Liked in: 5407 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 25th, 2018, 1:01 am

Old Techie wrote:I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.

Critics of the project have asked her to review the NDP's decision to allow dam construction to move forward, but Bellringer said that falls outside her mandate.


I'm happy to hear that she has bigger fish to fry than the government's decision. There's so much more to investigate about this ill-conceived project.
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2962
Likes: 1381 posts
Liked in: 633 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 25th, 2018, 1:17 am

I like the way you use the term "investigate" which wasn't in the article, but you chose because it has a far more sinister tone to it, than "scrutinize" which is what she actually said, and quite frankly is simply what her job as auditor general is.

Typically always trying to stir the pot with innuendo and drama, be it warranted or not.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

10 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3713
Likes: 3550 posts
Liked in: 5407 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 25th, 2018, 6:08 am

Let's have a closer look into the article a little closer (scrutinize) , shall we?

Watchdog won't review NDP decision to move forward with dam

The dam is still going ahead as planned.

B.C.'s auditor general has set her sights on the Site C dam in northeast B.C., although she isn't yet sure which aspect of the mega-project her team will be scrutinizing.

She doesn't even know what she is looking for or where to find it. Probably would have done the same thing if the Liberals were still here.

Bellringer said many of the questions her office had about Site C were answered in the B.C. Utilities Commission analysis released last year,

So therefore this could be as little as a look see and just checking on the accounting and ensuring that all the numbers are right.
Just like an accountant or bookkeeper would do for any business on a regular basis. (quarterly)
"It's really hard to argue... there isn't some aspect that we shouldn't be scrutinizing."

After all that is her job.

Critics of the project have asked her to review the NDP's decision to allow dam construction to move forward, but Bellringer said that falls outside her mandate.

She is just looking at the money aspect of the project and may have some suggestions as to how to make it better.

Other priorities for the auditor general's office in 2018-19 include the mental health of post-secondary students, RCMP contracts and cancer care access.


Nothing to see here folks, they are just doing the jobs that they are paid to do.

8 people like this post.
User avatar
alanjh595
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3517
Likes: 1389 posts
Liked in: 2190 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby twobits » Jan 27th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Cactusflower wrote:I'm happy to hear that she has bigger fish to fry than the government's decision. There's so much more to investigate about this ill-conceived project.


Which then begs an obvious question......."Why did you even make it a thread topic to begin with?" Geesh, Is it a race to see who can start more frivolous and partisan topics between yourself and Maryjane?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

6 people like this post.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 6288
Likes: 609 posts
Liked in: 2643 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Dizzy1 » Jan 27th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Oh yay! More wasted tax dollars. Must be nice to have such a bottomless trough to feed off of :up:
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jan 28th, 2018, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

4 people like this post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10778
Likes: 4507 posts
Liked in: 5131 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Smurf » Jan 28th, 2018, 6:28 am

You mean like " Hey Joe, buddy, you need some help?" I'll dream up a good gig for you and give you a nice budget to look after it. "Hey thanks John, I'll be waiting to hear from you." Something like the review of site C, he had no plans to scrap it from the beginning he just had to make it look good. Both he and Weaver knew it was the best solution they were just pandering to their faithful.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Smurf
Guru
 
Posts: 9083
Likes: 14425 posts
Liked in: 5169 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 8:55 am
Location: Okanagan BC

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Ka-El » Jan 28th, 2018, 9:20 am

twobits wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:I'm happy to hear that she has bigger fish to fry than the government's decision. There's so much more to investigate about this ill-conceived project.


Which then begs an obvious question......."Why did you even make it a thread topic to begin with?" Geesh, Is it a race to see who can start more frivolous and partisan topics between yourself and Maryjane?

Which also begs the question of why you only identified Cactus and MJ as posters who start the most frivolous and partisan topics (see the Canada board for numerous frivolous partisan topics), and if this was not, in fact, a very partisan observation.

For the record, I am 100% in support of Site C.
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4424
Likes: 2242 posts
Liked in: 3828 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 28th, 2018, 9:36 am

Cactusflower wrote:I'm happy to hear that she has bigger fish to fry than the government's decision. There's so much more to investigate about this ill-conceived project.




Ka-El wrote:
twobits wrote:Which then begs an obvious question......."Why did you even make it a thread topic to begin with?" Geesh, Is it a race to see who can start more frivolous and partisan topics between yourself and Maryjane?

Which also begs the question of why you only identified Cactus and MJ as posters who start the most frivolous and partisan topics (see the Canada board for numerous frivolous partisan topics), and if this was not, in fact, a very partisan observation.

For the record, I am 100% in support of Site C.


That would be because it's true.

I've seen days where there are like fifteen threads at the top, all started by the same poster. It's been that way for eons and I know of no one else who begins that many posts a lot of which lack merit.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3713
Likes: 3550 posts
Liked in: 5407 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 28th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Smurf wrote:You mean like " Hey Joe, buddy, you need some help?" I'll dream up a good gig for you and give you a nice budget to look after it. "Hey thanks John, I'll be waiting to hear from you." Something like the review of site C, he had no plans to scrap it from the beginning he just had to make it look good. Both he and Weaver knew it was the best solution they were just pandering to their faithful.

https://www.straight.com/news/1024936/s ... -manifesto
I would like to read your critique of this news item, Smurf. It's food for thought that HG should also weigh in on.
(Yes, it is related to the above topic.)
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2962
Likes: 1381 posts
Liked in: 633 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Ka-El » Jan 28th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Old Techie wrote: I've seen days where there are like fifteen threads at the top, all started by the same poster.

So have we all - by participants from both extremes of the political spectrum.
I thought MJ was trying to outdo Fishin (he probably succeeded).
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4424
Likes: 2242 posts
Liked in: 3828 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 28th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Ka-El wrote:
Old Techie wrote: I've seen days where there are like fifteen threads at the top, all started by the same poster.

So have we all - by participants from both extremes of the political spectrum.
I thought MJ was trying to outdo Fishin (he probably succeeded).


Sorry but I think thou exaggerates just a bit, as I've not seen anyone come remotely close to MJ. Perhaps some rare exception now and then, but certainly not on a sustained basis. No one else has the time. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3713
Likes: 3550 posts
Liked in: 5407 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Ka-El » Jan 28th, 2018, 2:24 pm

Old Techie wrote: I've not seen anyone come remotely close to MJ. Perhaps some rare exception now and then, but certainly not on a sustained basis. No one else has the time. [icon_lol2.gif]

Yes, I have already acknowledged he was probably the all-time winner. :smt045
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4424
Likes: 2242 posts
Liked in: 3828 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 28th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
Smurf wrote:You mean like " Hey Joe, buddy, you need some help?" I'll dream up a good gig for you and give you a nice budget to look after it. "Hey thanks John, I'll be waiting to hear from you." Something like the review of site C, he had no plans to scrap it from the beginning he just had to make it look good. Both he and Weaver knew it was the best solution they were just pandering to their faithful.

https://www.straight.com/news/1024936/s ... -manifesto
I would like to read your critique of this news item, Smurf. It's food for thought that HG should also weigh in on.
(Yes, it is related to the above topic.)


Go for it. Waste your time and effort on the goofy LEAP twerps. They are completely unbalanced in their worldview and very largely anti-science and completely lacking in pragmatism. They also have a fascist outlook of imposing their whacko views on everybody else. Left wing "soup nazis".

But that has nothing to do with the auditor general's look at site C. I doubt she will find much, but I do know that she is on the other side of the deferral account issue, and that's fine. I am not a fan of deferral accounts either. They are really just for appearances and not facing reality.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 7839
Likes: 2109 posts
Liked in: 7909 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Next

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests