Auditor General to review Site C

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:There is no way we can ignore the fact that we, the people, are going to be paying for all the governmental mistakes of the past, including this one.

Just like we're still paying for the scummy back-room deal that dumb dumb Dix and Clark did with the BCTF in 1998.

And to the person who keeps chortling, "77-2, 77-2",

It was 77-2 because the NDP sucked.

let me remind you of what Dave Barrett had to say about that: Two NDP MLAs and 77 BC Liberal MLAs, that's a fair fight.

I'm definitely in the camp that Dave Barrett wasn't very bright (how could he be, he was an NDP) but if he indeed say this (and given the source I trust nothing you say) then it's clear what he means - be it 77 NDP or 2 NDP, the IQ doesn't waver, it's still below that of a house-plant. Which is why it's a fair fight, as the NDP IQ is never going up, no matter how many are in the room.

That being said, at least Horgan approved Site C. If he can somehow put the province ahead of his personal political ambitions, which right now are served by bending to his master Weaver, he will also get out of the way of the KM pipeline.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I'm with the guy who said Horgan made a big mistake by allowing the Site C construction to go ahead. I'm also with the guy who said seventy-seven BC Liberals and two NDPs equals a fair match.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:I'm with the guy who said Horgan made a big mistake by allowing the Site C construction to go ahead.

Whoever that is, that's a really dumb guy.

I'm also with the guy who said seventy-seven BC Liberals and two NDPs equals a fair match.

And I agree with you. Having twin people Jenny Kwan and Joy McGiantfail in the room is equal to 77 NDP being in the room, as their collective IQ doesn't go up or down.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." ---George Santayana
Just remember . . . 77-2.

Just remember........Two NDP vs seventy-seven BCLP is a fair match.
And before we return to the topic, I'd like to add that the Dave Barrett obit was not the same topic as the Dave Barrett memorial.
:topic:
Construction on Site C should never been approved in the first place, and we as tax and ratepayers will be paying for that mistake for decades. Our grandchildren will still be paying or that mistake.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:Construction on Site C should never been approved in the first place, and we as tax and ratepayers will be paying for that mistake for decades. Our grandchildren will still be paying or that mistake.

Take it up with John Horgan. He was in favour of starting construction on Site C. Andrew Weaver was a fan as well.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:Construction on Site C should never been approved in the first place, and we as tax and ratepayers will be paying for that mistake for decades. Our grandchildren will still be paying or that mistake.

So to translate that for those unfamiliar with your track record, that means Site C should have been approved, was and still is a great idea, and our grandchildren will be grateful to us for sticking to our guns, and providing them with the lowest power rates on the planet.

:up: Comforting to know. Thank You!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:

Take it up with John Horgan. He was in favour of starting construction on Site C. Andrew Weaver was a fan as well.

I have taken it up with Horgan and Weaver; now I'm waiting for the Auditor General's report. You should do the same.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
Just remember........Two NDP vs seventy-seven BCLP is a fair match.

I won't remember this because it is a lie. The only thing Jenny Kwan and Joy McGiantfail are a fair match for is a room full of kindergartners, and my money is on the kids.

And before we return to the topic, I'd like to add that the Dave Barrett obit was not the same topic as the Dave Barrett memorial.

Yeah it was. You didn't need to start another thread.

Construction on Site C should never been approved in the first place,

Thanks goodness it was.

and we as tax and ratepayers will be paying for that mistake for decades.

The only mistakes we will be paying for are wind farms. Giant white elephants.

Our grandchildren will still be paying or that mistake.

Our grandchildren will be doing exactly the same thing we are doing right now with our grandparents, thanking them profusely for having the courage and brains to build the WAC dam in the face of incredibly stupid opposition. Thank you guys so much.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:I have taken it up with Horgan and Weaver; now I'm waiting for the Auditor General's report. You should do the same.
The AG says that most of her questions were answered in the BCUC report but that some oversight of the project is a good idea. With the NDP in charge now that's definitely a good idea!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
I have taken it up with Horgan and Weaver;

I will take it up with them right now - RESIGN YOU UNELECTED BOOBS!! YOU SUCK AT GOVERNING!!
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4645851
See? I told you we didn't need Site C. Anyone hear how the AG's making out with that review?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-hydro-excess-power-payout-solar-1.4645851
See? I told you we didn't need Site C. Anyone hear how the AG's making out with that review?

Yeah yeah, and a number of people went into great detail explaining the pros and cons of solar to you, and how paying people for power generated when it isn't needed creates a problem for our power bills, but as is always the case, you ignore fact and continue on with your delusional alternate reality.

Forcing a power company to purchase something they don't need would in essence be a subsidy for the person putting 100 solar panels on his house, yet they don't produce power much of the year during peak usage times, when it's actually needed.

This has all been explained more than enough times, even for the lower intellect types to grasp by now.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

How much are they oversupplying at night?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The article gives the reason for taking this step, because of 6 people.

400 participating customers in 2014, the program has grown to nearly1,400.

Of those, 250 receive a share of $280,000 in surplus payments — but $220,000 of that amount goes to only six participants.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

alanjh595 wrote:The article gives the reason for taking this step, because of 6 people.

400 participating customers in 2014, the program has grown to nearly1,400.

Of those, 250 receive a share of $280,000 in surplus payments — but $220,000 of that amount goes to only six participants.

That also in essence makes the ones purposely overproducing by that much, Independent Power Producers which has proven to be a problem for electric companies in numerous places. When they are forced to purchase power they don't need, that hurts all of us.
If those people just build their system to address their power needs, they can save money and help the grid by lessening demand.

I chuckled at the part where the guy says he built his system to offset his winter power needs. Hydro on the other hand says some have oversized their systems to generate 50 times more than they need, so given the extra costs incurred to install such an excessive system, it's clear there's an ulterior motive or they just grossly overestimated their winter power requirements. [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “B.C.”