Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Post by Snman »

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Cactusflower wrote:
Before we go back to the Site C topic, what does the acronym 'CNOOC' stand for?

Are you referring to the China National off-shore oil corporation? I'm not sure why you're asking me this as you obviously know the answer.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Nat ... cquisition
Now can we get back to discussing CCCIs takeover of Aecon? (Looks like you beat me to it, Snman.)
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^Except it looks like you didn't read far enough. The acquisition of Nexen is the most important part.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Except it looks like you didn't read far enough. The acquisition of Nexen is the most important part.

Again why is this directed at me?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:...The acquisition of Nexen is the most important part.

Nexen acquisition
Adding 61 percent to Nexen's July 20, 2012 stock price, on July 23 CNOOC agreed to buy Nexen for $15.1 billion (China's largest foreign deal). The Canadian government's Investment Canada Act was used to determine if the sale was a "net benefit" to Canada. In addition to Canadian authorities, the acquisition had to be approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States. On 7 December the sale was approved by the Canadian government,[11] and on February 12, 2013 it was approved by U.S. regulators.

:panic: And we should all be afraid, very afraid, because: ... ?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

rustled wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:...The acquisition of Nexen is the most important part.

Nexen acquisition
Adding 61 percent to Nexen's July 20, 2012 stock price, on July 23 CNOOC agreed to buy Nexen for $15.1 billion (China's largest foreign deal). The Canadian government's Investment Canada Act was used to determine if the sale was a "net benefit" to Canada. In addition to Canadian authorities, the acquisition had to be approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States. On 7 December the sale was approved by the Canadian government,[11] and on February 12, 2013 it was approved by U.S. regulators.

:panic: And we should all be afraid, very afraid, because: ... ?

Because of what you just quoted.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
Thanks for filling in for me while I was at work, FF. Actually, no one should have to defend the truth, and no one should be attacked by a bunch of jackals, either. The topic is Site C, not the tar sands anyway.

you are right, the topic is Site C, not people erroneously labeling the oil sands in Canada something else that it isn't. Go Site C!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:The authorities on the definition are saying that. .

No they aren't.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:
rustled wrote: :panic: And we should all be afraid, very afraid, because: ... ?

Because of what you just quoted.

It seems to me someone told you we should be afraid, and that's all you really know. And now you're telling us to be afraid because you are. I'll go over it again:
Nexen acquisition

I, for one, am not panicked by reading that CNOOC agreed to buy Nexen, so I wonder if there's something I'm missing, and if you'd be able to explain what it is. Is it because China's involved, is that why we're supposed to get our panic on? Are we to be hysterical because in addition to Canadian authorities, the Committee on Foreign Investments in the US had to approve, and that should panic us? Are we to be afraid because the Canadian government approved it? Or because the US regulators approved it?

I've also gone over it and over it, trying to figure out why this should panic anyone about Site C. Still just looks like a government-approved business transaction involving more than one country. Hardly something worthy of hysteria in a global economy. Perhaps you're hoping the Auditor General will find some reason to be alarmed, but until then I think this is just another example of anti-Site-C partisan grasping at straws.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic/derailing
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed remark.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.

Return to “B.C.”