51738
51564

Auditor General to review Site C

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Postby christopher » Feb 8th, 2018, 11:21 am

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.bnn.ca/ottawa-should-block-chinese-takeover-of-aecon-jarislowsky-1.975278

In case anyone's interested, Aecon is BC Hydro's major construction company at the Site C dam, so if this doesn't bother you, what will?


They have a job in partnership with Flat Iron (from Colorado) and a contractor from Montana at site C for the spillway. Aecon has many jobs in Canada I think the largest is redoing Canadian Nuclear power plants in ONT.
christopher
Fledgling
 
Posts: 196
Likes: 403 posts
Liked in: 144 posts
Joined: Jun 9th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Fancy » Feb 8th, 2018, 11:24 am

Cactusflower wrote:By George, I think you've got it! The majority of British Columbians don't pay enough attention to what's going on in their own province. I guess Trump's antics are more interesting.

Good grief now you're presuming to know what the majority of British Columbians are paying attention to. People I know watch the news and seem informed as to what's going on in the province. They're just not interested in the audit.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

5 people like this post.
User avatar
Fancy
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 44440
Likes: 1094 posts
Liked in: 5487 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
You don't seem to be bothered when Rachel Notley tries to destroy our wine industry though.


I thought you said that we didn't need Alberta for our wine industry. Now she's "destroying the industry". Such vast extremes.
This current unelected NDP government is a disgrace.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists - Dr. Don Boys

3 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25640
Likes: 10463 posts
Liked in: 13171 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Fancy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:By George, I think you've got it! The majority of British Columbians don't pay enough attention to what's going on in their own province. I guess Trump's antics are more interesting.

Good grief now you're presuming to know what the majority of British Columbians are paying attention to. People I know watch the news and seem informed as to what's going on in the province. They're just not interested in the audit.


I wonder how many British Columbians know that Notley's planning to halt construction on the Site C dam? I wonder how many of them care?
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2340
Likes: 1075 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
I wonder how many British Columbians know that Notley's planning to halt construction on the Site C dam? I wonder how many of them care?


I'm not sure how the premier of another province has the authority to do this, so I assume this is yet another delusional comment from another planet.

If indeed this is some spurious connection to her threats about buying electricity, the only leader that the people of BC should be holding to account is the un-elected bonehead Hulk Horgan. That's it.
This current unelected NDP government is a disgrace.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists - Dr. Don Boys

alanjh595 likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25640
Likes: 10463 posts
Liked in: 13171 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:30 pm

rustled wrote:^^Pretty easy for you to ignore Horgan's responsibility here. But look, over there - China/Aecon! Gee, do you think maybe that's what this thread's about: distracting from the people Horgan's tossing under the bus to get where he wants to go?

If you really feel we ought to be all het up about this, how do you feel about Horgan's failure to obstruct the Aecon takeover bid?


How do you feel about Notley halting the construction of the Site C dam........for environmental reasons? [icon_lol2.gif]
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2340
Likes: 1075 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
How do you feel about Notley halting the construction of the Site C dam........for environmental reasons? [icon_lol2.gif]


The same as I feel about Kathleen Wynne halting the construction of Site C...don't care because it's an insanely stupid thing to even contemplate.
This current unelected NDP government is a disgrace.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists - Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25640
Likes: 10463 posts
Liked in: 13171 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby rustled » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:37 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
I wonder how many British Columbians know that Notley's planning to halt construction on the Site C dam? I wonder how many of them care?


I'm not sure how the premier of another province has the authority to do this, so I assume this is yet another delusional comment from another planet.

If indeed this is some spurious connection to her threats about buying electricity, the only leader that the people of BC should be holding to account is the un-elected bonehead Hulk Horgan. That's it.

Completely delusional. Her source is this, which says nothing about Notley planning to halt construction:
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218393 ... escalation
rustled
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4696
Likes: 6213 posts
Liked in: 4832 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:39 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
I wonder how many British Columbians know that Notley's planning to halt construction on the Site C dam? I wonder how many of them care?


I'm not sure how the premier of another province has the authority to do this, so I assume this is yet another delusional comment from another planet.

If indeed this is some spurious connection to her threats about buying electricity, the only leader that the people of BC should be holding to account is the un-elected bonehead Hulk Horgan. That's it.


https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218393 ... escalation
You really must start reading more and typing less. I suppose you don't see the humour in Notley wishing to put a stop to construction of Site C for environmental reasons? That one's going to come back to bite her in the :cuss: .
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2340
Likes: 1075 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Postby rustled » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
rustled wrote:^^Pretty easy for you to ignore Horgan's responsibility here. But look, over there - China/Aecon! Gee, do you think maybe that's what this thread's about: distracting from the people Horgan's tossing under the bus to get where he wants to go?

If you really feel we ought to be all het up about this, how do you feel about Horgan's failure to obstruct the Aecon takeover bid?


How do you feel about Notley halting the construction of the Site C dam........for environmental reasons? [icon_lol2.gif]

How do you get away with posting such outright nonsense?

Here's what's actually been said:
Alberta could also potentially give B.C. a taste of project obstruction on environmental grounds by increasing objections to B.C.'s Site C megaproject, said Blake Shaffer at the C.D. Howe Institute.

Some in Alberta have expressed concerns about the negative downstream impacts of the giant hydroproject, including its impact on river flows, recreation, and how it will affect Wood Buffalo National Park, issues that Alberta could more formally object, he said.

"I wouldn't be surprised, and I'm totally speculating here, if we see that voice amplified," said Shaffer.

In your mind, this translates to Notley halting construction? Sheesh!

Smurf
christopher
likes this post.
rustled
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4696
Likes: 6213 posts
Liked in: 4832 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218393 ... escalation
You really must start reading more and typing less. .


Oh if only you followed your own advice. This is just random speculation by some guy, not Notley herself saying anything, and yet off you run with it. So freaking stupid.

That all being said, if Alberta did ramp anything up re Site C, that dunder-headed un-elected jerk Horgan better capitulate IMMEDIATELY and let KM go through. The people of BC can't have every possible economic development activity held hostage by the two un-elected dumb-dumbs. Too much at stake, and too little intelligence in the BCGreen coalition of stupid.
This current unelected NDP government is a disgrace.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists - Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25640
Likes: 10463 posts
Liked in: 13171 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

This is a well recognized and over used tactic from the tree hugger, pro NDP faction.
User avatar
alanjh595
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2440
Likes: 912 posts
Liked in: 1628 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:44 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 8th, 2018, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is not the Bickering Room.
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2340
Likes: 1075 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Postby Fancy » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:46 pm

Cactusflower wrote:How do you feel about Notley halting the construction of the Site C dam........for environmental reasons? [icon_lol2.gif]


Are these two threads to be merged?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76885&start=75
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 44440
Likes: 1094 posts
Liked in: 5487 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Postby rustled » Feb 8th, 2018, 12:46 pm

rustled wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
I wonder how many British Columbians know that Notley's planning to halt construction on the Site C dam? I wonder how many of them care?



Completely delusional. Her source is this, which says nothing about Notley planning to halt construction:
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218393 ... escalation

Cactusflower wrote:Read it again, carefully this time.

:digging:

3 people like this post.
rustled
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4696
Likes: 6213 posts
Liked in: 4832 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron