ICBC

just popping in
Lord of the Board

Re: ICBC: Losses could be $1.3 billion

Post by just popping in »

Yet the high salaries and bonuses keep being paid to the tune of 1 million.

https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/ ... last_year/
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

As Canadian taxpayers we are getting screwed in almost every aspect of life in our country.. what can we do? Somehow we need to stand up to government but there's no easy way. I suggest we could start having GoFundMe account for the various issues we are facing that the government is not doing what we want.. legal challenges of the government's running of things seems to be the only way they will listen to what we really want and need as Canadian taxpayers. Yes I realized as taxpayers we're going to be footing the bill for their legal team but after one or two turnovers in citizens favors they might start listening to the voters and not screwing us at every turn. First GoFundMe account could be to take the province to court for the right to allow private insurance companies to come in.. I'd kick in $10 here in $10 there to the various go fund me accounts that would actually make changes for the better for us. We got to realize the government's not going to get more honest as time goes on and things are not going to get better if we don't stand up for our own country and take it back away from the politicians that lie and steal..
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

ICBC will fail no matter who is running it. Gave us all a break. Lib's or NDP, they have no ability to run such an organization.
Traffic enforcement. A private traffic division is the only way any thing will ever get accomplished.
RCMP got out of traffic enforcement years ago.
And hammer everyone with a ticket if they violate. Not based on gender, age, or the offence.
It'll take a tough politician to ever make this happen so good luck with that.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How about. Pay for vehicles. Not for injuries. Maybe people would slpw down.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

How can any bosses at the ICBC be getting bonuses when the corporation is losing soooo much money? Have the rules changed?
So, if the corporation actually MADE money, would the bonuses be taken away? Hey Horgan, it's about your batting average man.
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

Can't copy today's ICBC article on castanet about older drivers subsidizing younger drivers so people should consider reading it.
What I don't understand is when a problem has been identified and a solution is readily at hand, why is the problem not fixed, like yesterday. Mr. Eby should be encouraged to continue making ICBC the model of crown corporations, a beacon of transparency, perhaps including giving no bonuses for shoddy work.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

These managers at ICBC are just the kids and friends of Liberal cabinet ministers who got appointed to their jobs during the Christy years. When defeat at the polls looked possible, many had their contracts (and they are contracted employees, not salaried) rewritten to include bonuses in future years. It was designed to make it expensive for a new government to make changes and appoint their kids and friends into those cushy jobs. Try firing them? The contracts would have to be paid out in full. For several years worth.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

RandyDandy wrote:Can't copy today's ICBC article on castanet about older drivers subsidizing younger drivers so people should consider reading it.

here ya go

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/242037 ... sidize-bad

icbc.jpg

Conversely, drivers between 55 and 64 pay $228 more per year due to ICBC’s rate structure.

This part also ticks me off

Non-insurance costs such as driver testing, driver and vehicle licensing, and fine collection are also paid through insurance premiums, adding an estimated $50 to every driver’s policy.

So $278 more than I should be paying. Time to make it fair and just. Cause more accidents, accrue too many tickets or be a bad risk then pay more.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

And I'm paying $293.00 more than I should....never had an accident ever, not even a parking ticket in 55 years of driving.

What is most galling is listening to the young pups yelp about older drivers hitting buildings (so seldom it's laughable and newsworthy). Then see the carnage the pups cause. And ICBC by some cockeyed reasoning penalizes us!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Catsumi wrote:And I'm paying $293.00 more than I should....never had an accident ever, not even a parking ticket in 55 years of driving.

What is most galling is listening to the young pups yelp about older drivers hitting buildings (so seldom it's laughable and newsworthy). Then see the carnage the pups cause. And ICBC by some cockeyed reasoning penalizes us!

Thanks Catsumi. I appreciate my discount. Off to tailgate some blue hairs.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Don't you dare! My mom will run you off the road.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Catsumi wrote:And I'm paying $293.00 more than I should....never had an accident ever, not even a parking ticket in 55 years of driving.

uuummmm seldom you say, I bet it happens 5 to ten times a year in this city alone hardly "seldom" im amazed no ones been killed yet from this incompetent driving
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/242737 ... in-the-red
The first thing they need to do is make those drivers' exams a lot tougher, both the written and the road tests. Where did some of the drivers I see on the roads today get their drivers licences..........today's equivalent of a crackerjack box?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Skills can be taught but NOT ATTITUDE, and that's the issue with young drivers.
My generation and before got our license in 60 days or less driving on *bleep* poor 2 laners with FAR less capable vehicles and done fine overall.

ICBC's a hole that can't be filled - PRIVATIZE
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

jimmy4321 wrote:Skills can be taught but NOT ATTITUDE, and that's the issue with young drivers.
My generation and before got our license in 60 days or less driving on *bleep* poor 2 laners and done fine overall.

ICBC's a hole that can't be filled - PRIVATIZE

Attitude can be taught as well. All parents should take a hint from Russell Peters' Dad on one of his earlier shows. :biggrin:

Private insurance is what drove our government to initiate ICBC in the first pace. Perhaps you're too young to remember that.

Return to “B.C.”