Alberta pulls plug on B.C./Wine

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Alberta pulls plug on B.C.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
The latest one is happening in Howe Sound as we speak. Fortunately,it's only a diesel spill which SHOULD BE easier to clean up than dilbit, but I wouldn't count on it,

Of course you won't count on it. No matter what happens, the lunatic fringe will over dramatize and criticize.

judging by their 'world-class response' to the ones up in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago.

Know nothing about either. Do you have a link? That isn't from one of your looney-left enviro-whacko colleagues (so that it actually might contain some truth)?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The Exxon Valdez was not over dramatized.

Good, solid criticism.

Trudeau is self righteous about Northern Gateway but
Can't see the waterways for the big bucks in his own eyes.

Selling our birth right is not an option.
Good on the protestors.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:The latest one is happening in Howe Sound as we speak. Fortunately,it's only a diesel spill which SHOULD BE easier to clean up than dilbit, but I wouldn't count on it, judging by their 'world-class response' to the ones up in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago.

It's MAYBE as much as a 45 gallon drum of boat fuel.
It's estimated about 200 litres of diesel leaked from a tank aboard the barge but the Coast Guard says the incident has now been concluded.

Even the Coast Guard is satisfied with results, has finished with the scene and left. Nothing to see here folks. It's all over. Go home.
Bring back the LIKE button.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Cactusflower wrote:The latest one is happening in Howe Sound as we speak. Fortunately,it's only a diesel spill which SHOULD BE easier to clean up than dilbit, but I wouldn't count on it, judging by their 'world-class response' to the ones up in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago.

50% of the diesel will be evaporated in a day or 2. "Should be" is wrong, "will be" is correct.

edit: added "or 2"
Last edited by JagXKR on Feb 2nd, 2018, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
The latest one is happening in Howe Sound as we speak. Fortunately,it's only a diesel spill which SHOULD BE easier to clean up than dilbit, but I wouldn't count on it,

Of course you won't count on it. No matter what happens, the lunatic fringe will over dramatize and criticize.

judging by their 'world-class response' to the ones up in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago.

Know nothing about either. Do you have a link? That isn't from one of your looney-left enviro-whacko colleagues (so that it actually might contain some truth)?

I provided you with a link to this yesterday. Why didn't you read it? Anyway, I can't believe that anyone who's lived in B.C. for more than a year doesn't know about the sunken tug up at Hartley Bay and the fish-farm diesel spill in the Broughton Archpelago.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Cactusflower wrote:

We already have jobs, at least everyone who wants one has. IF that pipeline gets built, there will be very few British Columbians working on it and no jobs when pipeline construction is complete. So stop whining about jobs. There must be some other reason you want this environmental disaster in the making to be built. Is it simply because the NDP/Greens don't want it?

Glad to hear these facts. Does this mean we no longer have to keep unemployment records or worry about minimum wage or guaranteed income. Everyone has the job they want there is no need to try and promote good paying jobs. I'll keep that in mind the next time I hear people complaining about the poor paying jobs and lack of employment in the Okanagan. Does that mean all the information about homeless and people that can't afford to live even though they have a job is just a myth. I'm pleased you could update and correct us and many others that there is no employment problems.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Urbane...read your own posted quote.

Horgan said he was "surprised." The reporter and you said he was shocked.
    Quite a difference, which any former teacher would understand.

Site C was forced on the NDP by the Liberals..even you know that.

How about they twin the pipeline back east or twin it into Yankland.
    This would create a dramatic oversupply to the populous areas and prices would fall immediately.

Get this...most British Columbians want nothing to do with dirty energy..we value the Earth..jobs or not.

Trudeau stopped Northern Gateway because of concerns around Kitimat ships and coastal waters.
    Well what the hell is Howe sound?!..Burrard Inlet?....Vancouver?..Stanley Park?...Native land claims? Fisheries?
    Certainly not just dirty oils litter box!

Anyone who thinks there are not safety issues, should just walk the whole route of Kinder Morgan.
    Go ahead...one step at a time...take pictures and notes...you may discover Howe Sound etc.

Good on the hecklers for giving it to Trudeau...well deserved!
As usual you missed the main point completely and chose to focus, deliberately so, on a reporter's word. Horgan says that he has no idea why the Alberta government is upset with his actions. A former teacher should be more careful not to miss the main point but let's stop making this personal George. Let's get back on topic. Horgan shouldn't be surprised, shocked, or baffled about Alberta's reaction. The rest of us, perhaps even yourself, are not at all surprised.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:The Exxon Valdez was not over dramatized.

Good, solid criticism.

and good solid action on behalf of those responsible to ensure that tankers are much more safe than they were in 1989. I like how those who keep telling us to ignore the NDP of the 1990's still want to keep dragging an old accident from the same era out of their butts to fear-monger. These people that do this are total cowards, in my opinion, and are fear-mongering mostly due to mental illness.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:Anyway, I can't believe that anyone who's lived in B.C. for more than a year doesn't know about the sunken tug up at Hartley Bay and the fish-farm diesel spill in the Broughton Archpelago.

probably because I don't care, mostly because I don't rely on these kinds of incidents to try and sell a disgusting, evil and diseased political agenda.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I think the most important words here are,
Horgan said he was "surprised."

I good leader that was well prepared to take on such an important job, should be prepared for everything and never be surprised.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/david-suzu ... 60922.html
Perhaps if you spent less time watching old TV reruns and more time doing research, you'd know fossil fuel production, transport, and especially export needs to be curbed. I know that you think anyone with any knowledge about the environment is not to be believed, but I posted this link again anyway, in hopes that you would pull your head out of ....wherever long enough to read it.
(Well, that quote didn't come out quite right, but at least I deleted the most offensive one.)

Oh look more garbage from that hypocritical nut bar Suzuki.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Urbane wrote:John Horgan is in shock?? Seriously?? He had no idea that Alberta would be unhappy with his decision to try and block the KM Pipeline?? And he says he doesn't care if Alberta doesn't buy our power because Site C is being built for British Columbians and not for Albertans. Very interesting . . . at least he's had an epiphany about Site C and how it will serve our province well but I believe it would be helpful to be able to sell power to Alberta as well.

B.C. Premier John Horgan is in shock over Alberta’s response to his province’s oil spill proposals.

“I’m surprised by the response we are getting from Alberta,” he told reporters Thursday, noting he briefed Premier Rachel Notley and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau about British Columbia’s intentions.

“I don’t see what the problem is,” he added. “It’s within our jurisdiction to put in place regulations to protect public interest. And that’s what we’re doing.”
https://www.bnn.ca/i-don-t-see-what-the ... r-1.986317

Every time Horgan opens his mouth he just proves more and more how he is an idiot who should crawl back under his rock before he destroys BC's economy
Walking Wounded
Übergod

George+ wrote:Only GB could equate dirty energy with wind turbines!

Shocking! Right, Urbane?

Have you seen the mines where they mine materials for wind and solar? They make the oil sands look like paradise.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Only GB could equate dirty energy with wind turbines!

actually, lots of people can equate it. Because it is dirty energy. Very dirty.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/win ... al-energy/

As for resource consumption and environmental impacts, the direct effects of wind turbines — killing birds and bats, sinking concrete foundations deep into wild lands — is bad enough. But out of sight and out of mind is the dirty pollution generated in Inner Mongolia by the mining of rare-earth metals for the magnets in the turbines. This generates toxic and radioactive waste on an epic scale, which is why the phrase ‘clean energy’ is such a sick joke and ministers should be ashamed every time it passes their lips.

It gets worse. Wind turbines, apart from the fibreglass blades, are made mostly of steel, with concrete bases. They need about 200 times as much material per unit of capacity as a modern combined cycle gas turbine. Steel is made with coal, not just to provide the heat for smelting ore, but to supply the carbon in the alloy. Cement is also often made using coal. The machinery of ‘clean’ renewables is the output of the fossil fuel economy, and largely the coal economy.

A two-megawatt wind turbine weighs about 250 tonnes, including the tower, nacelle, rotor and blades. Globally, it takes about half a tonne of coal to make a tonne of steel. Add another 25 tonnes of coal for making the cement and you’re talking 150 tonnes of coal per turbine. Now if we are to build 350,000 wind turbines a year (or a smaller number of bigger ones), just to keep up with increasing energy demand, that will require 50 million tonnes of coal a year. That’s about half the EU’s hard coal–mining output.
1971casetractor

Post by 1971casetractor »

Thank God for ndp this is a disaster in the making no more oil no more oil no more oil etc etc etc

Return to “B.C.”