Alberta pulls plug on B.C./Wine

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Alberta pulls plug on B.C./Wine

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:It has been interesting to note the reaction from Rachel Notley to the BC NDP formal challenge to the BC Wine ban. It is essentially, "meh, go for it, we have bigger fish to fry".

It almost sounds like Alberta doesn't care about the wine ban challenge at all, and may actually welcome it.

When I think about it, it could be a very cagey move on the part of Rachel Notley and the feds. If it is shown that Albert can not ban BC products, does it not also follow that BC cannot ban products from Alberta? It would certainly seem so. That is what Rachel and the feds want, after all, if Alberta can't ban BC wine, then BC can't ban dilbit.

Makes me wonder if Rachel and JT aren't playing chess while the hairbrained BC NDPers like Heyman are trying to figure out the rules for checkers (and failing) - let alone play checkers.

Give it up, HG. Rachel's married..........and so is Justin.

Spoken like a true novice checkers player.

The reality is, that on the scale of NDPers, Rachel Notley is as good as it gets. Still a bit nutty, but nowhere near as ignorant as the BC NDP crowd. Yes, Rachel is a bit nutty, she is leading Albert down the windy garden path... but she is trying to effect progress, not just be absolutist dictatorial obstructionists like the BC NDP kiddies that are lying on the floor kicking their feet.

I would also remind you that heck hath no fury like a Trudeau scorned, and I suspect that Rachel Notley may fall into that category as well.

Horgan and his fool Heyman are in way over their heads. Their childish stunts are lining them up for a spanking, it is just a matter of who delivers it, will it be Rachel? will it be JT? or will it have to be the people of BC giving them another 77-2 drubbing when Andrew Weaver pulls the plug on the BC NDP next fall?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote:
Horgan and his fool Heyman are in way over their heads. Their childish stunts are lining them up for a spanking, it is just a matter of who delivers it, will it be Rachel? will it be JT? or will it have to be the people of BC giving them another 77-2 drubbing when Andrew Weaver pulls the plug on the BC NDP next fall?

HG - there are now 87 seats in BC so I expect that the NDP will be losing 85-2 this time. The only seats the NDP will keep will be Adrian Dix's seat, as it appears that those sheep will vote NDP no matter how many memos Dix forges, and Jenny Kwan's old seat.

Also - can we make it mandatory that anyone serving as a cabinet minister in our provincial government be hooked up to a monitor so that their brain-waves can be measured? I suspect most of the current NDP cabinet would fail this test, as the tests would show no actual brain-wave activity.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^I didn't know we were playing checkers, HG. This isn't a game, it's serious what KM, Rachel, and Trudeau are trying to do to us in the name of 'progress'. (Yes, 'us', HG. You and me and every other British Columbian.) Those billions of dollars that they toss around all the time are just figures they're pulling out of the air to try to convince us that we need to export bitumen to China. Just because industries in Alberta are too lazy to switch to less-polluting resource extraction, I don't expect my government to back down and let them potentially destroy our environment and consequently our economy.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

38 pages of back and forth and certain people still don’t get it..... :up:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote: Those billions of dollars that they toss around all the time are just figures they're pulling out of the air to try to convince us that we need to export bitumen to China. .

LOL - yes it's just all numbers tossed into the air, until one day the anti-pipeline People are all scratching their heads on welfare Wednesday wondering why their cheques didn't arrive.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:^^I didn't know we were playing checkers, HG. This isn't a game, it's serious what KM, Rachel, and Trudeau are trying to do to us in the name of 'progress'. (Yes, 'us', HG. You and me and every other British Columbian.) Those billions of dollars that they toss around all the time are just figures they're pulling out of the air to try to convince us that we need to export bitumen to China. Just because industries in Alberta are too lazy to switch to less-polluting resource extraction, I don't expect my government to back down and let them potentially destroy our environment and consequently our economy.

The BC NDP are playing stupid political games.

The only lazy folks in this discussion are those who oppose the pipeline because? No facts, no reason ... because I wanna look cool and pretend to be an "environmentalist".

Nobody needs to convince those who research, do math, and actually think (rather than slavishly follow some California trendy propagandized fad). The phony environmentalists that the BC NDP pandered a few votes from don't do those thiongs, and they don't believe in democracy and rational consensus. There is no convincing the phony "environmentalists" because they have no thinking behind their position from which base rational discussion.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Jack DeBear wrote:Ah, I can see you’re a BC wine connsour too.

Remember how “fuddle duddle” turned into Fuddle Duck? (Along with the Jacks, another great selection for ‘drive in movie’ nights, https://books.google.ca/books?id=lYOT-A ... ck&f=false)

An’ Rachie’s probably missin’ her Fuddle Duck, so doin’ the fuddle duddle with Li’l Tudeal right now over this wine-bitchiemen (er, bitchiepeople) dispute.

Original recording by The House of Commons, 1971, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihhhUEvtJWY

Ah, yes, I remember it well. Trudeau wasn't one to let political correctness override getting things done, and he didn't suffer fools gladly. He'd have had Horgan and Heyman chewed up and spat out within the first day of this mess.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I'm just waiting for Premier Notley to call for a study on how many Albertans are killed by drunk drivers drunk on BC wine and also what the healthcare costs are for Alberta for diseases and conditions that BC alcohol contributes to. All the while stalling the import of BC wines until the study is completed.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jonrox wrote:I'm just waiting for Premier Notley to call for a study on how many Albertans are killed by drunk drivers drunk on BC wine and also what the healthcare costs are for Alberta for diseases and conditions that BC alcohol contributes to. All the while stalling the import of BC wines until the study is completed.

:up: :130: :hailjo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :popcorn:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

"We believe it is unconstitutional to prohibit the import of Canadian goods into another province based solely on where they come from. All Canadians should be concerned, because if wine can be prohibited based on its province of origin, so can any product from any other province,” Prodan said.

Article on castanet.

Wouldn't they simply be proving the same for BC's already clearly unconstitutional intentions? Think of the fine Alberta receives if true, now add 1 or two, or three, zeros to the end.

It will make the HST repayment look like change.

Return to “B.C.”