Alberta pulls plug on B.C./Wine

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Alberta pulls plug on B.C.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

falklandjack wrote:Besides, I don't believe B.C can stop this pipeline, only delay it through the courts. Wasting taxpayers money. Again.

What makes it so hard to swallow is that they are wasting taxpayer money AND they are doing it in the name of killing jobs and economic investment. They are literally spending our money to kill our livelihoods, all in the name of appeasing a tiny minority of cowardly welfare-sucking losers. It is just disgusting.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

CapitalB wrote: Carbon dioxide is a natural substance as well, it still causes acid rain when theres too much of it in the air.

Say what?
It's okay to be against something, but at least try to be somewhat accurate with your reasoning.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote: Carbon dioxide is a natural substance as well, it still causes acid rain when theres too much of it in the air.

I think you are thinking of Sulphur dioxide.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/217884/Trudeau-firm-on-pipeline

This should be good. Worth looking up the time of this town hall fiasco anyway. To be honest, I didn't think he'd have the guts to show up in B.C. after all his lies about the 'world-class spill response'.

I wonder why JT would show up here too. With all of the welfare-sucking lunatics in the lower mainland with nothing to do but show up at these things to scream and act like hysterical babies, there seems no point in trying to bother reasoning with them. These enviro-nuts are mentally ill and need help, not platforms to enable their mental illnesses.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

Sulfur dioxide
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sulfur dioxide
Sulfur dioxide (also sulphur dioxide) is the chemical compound with the formula SO
2. At standard atmosphere, it is a toxic gas with a pungent, irritating smell. It is released naturally by volcanic activity and is produced as a by-product of the burning of fossil fuels contaminated with sulfur compounds.

Carbon dioxide - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide
Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is a colorless gas with a density about 60% higher than that of dry air. Carbon dioxide consists of a carbon atom covalently double bonded to two oxygen atoms. It occurs naturally in Earth's atmosphere as a trace gas.
Bring back the LIKE button.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

John Horgan is in shock?? Seriously?? He had no idea that Alberta would be unhappy with his decision to try and block the KM Pipeline?? And he says he doesn't care if Alberta doesn't buy our power because Site C is being built for British Columbians and not for Albertans. Very interesting . . . at least he's had an epiphany about Site C and how it will serve our province well but I believe it would be helpful to be able to sell power to Alberta as well.

B.C. Premier John Horgan is in shock over Alberta’s response to his province’s oil spill proposals.

“I’m surprised by the response we are getting from Alberta,” he told reporters Thursday, noting he briefed Premier Rachel Notley and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau about British Columbia’s intentions.

“I don’t see what the problem is,” he added. “It’s within our jurisdiction to put in place regulations to protect public interest. And that’s what we’re doing.”
https://www.bnn.ca/i-don-t-see-what-the ... r-1.986317
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonic_acid
It plays an important role in the bicarbonate buffer system to maintain acid–base homeostasis.
Carbonic acid, which is a weak acid, forms two kinds of salts: the carbonates and the bicarbonates. In geology, carbonic acid causes limestone to dissolve, producing calcium bicarbonate, which leads to many limestone features such as stalactites and stalagmites.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Urbane...read your own posted quote.

Horgan said he was "surprised." The reporter and you said he was shocked.
Quite a difference, which any former teacher would understand.

Site C was forced on the NDP by the Liberals..even you know that.

How about they twin the pipeline back east or twin it into Yankland.
This would create a dramatic oversupply to the populous areas and prices would fall immediately.

Get this...most British Columbians want nothing to do with dirty energy..we value the Earth..jobs or not.

Trudeau stopped Northern Gateway because of concerns around Kitimat ships and coastal waters.
Well what the hell is Howe sound?!..Burrard Inlet?....Vancouver?..Stanley Park?...Native land claims? Fisheries?
Certainly not just dirty oils litter box!

Anyone who thinks there are not safety issues, should just walk the whole route of Kinder Morgan.
Go ahead...one step at a time...take pictures and notes...you may discover Howe Sound etc.

Good on the hecklers for giving it to Trudeau...well deserved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:

Sounds like the acidic water that comes from CO2 is pretty weak sauce. It's the sulphuric acid rain that caused all of the kerfuffle in the 1980's.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:
Get this...most British Columbians want nothing to do with dirty energy..we value the Earth..jobs or not.

If you are talking about wind turbines, then I whole-heartedly agree!

Good on the hecklers for giving it to Trudeau...well deserved!

There's lots to heckle Trudeau about, that is for sure. But allowing enviro-nutbags a platform to scream at him serves no purpose whatsoever.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

If you are talking about wind turbines, then I whole-heartedly agree!

Did a good job skipping the conversations solving your bird problems though ;)
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:
Did a good job skipping the conversations solving your bird problems though ;)

?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Cactusflower wrote: Does he think we don't know how miserably they've failed at it in recent years?

where and when?

The latest one is happening in Howe Sound as we speak. Fortunately,it's only a diesel spill which SHOULD BE easier to clean up than dilbit, but I wouldn't count on it, judging by their 'world-class response' to the ones up in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Only GB could equate dirty energy with wind turbines!

Shocking! Right, Urbane?

Return to “B.C.”