What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Post by CapitalB »

Dizzy1 wrote:And just like Site C, the pipeline is backed by more BCers than those who oppose it. Horgan is just doing what the NDP does best - stall the inevitable, guise it as "whats in the best interests for BC" and end up going ahead with it in the end while wasting millions upon millions upon millions of taxpayers money for nothing.

I think the tricky part though is that the people who support the pipeline mostly live nowhere near where the pipeline or future increased shipping ship traffic will go. While a lot of the highest concentration of people most violently opposed to it live in the immediate area around the proposed pipeline and shipping ships. Should people who really don't have a stake in the matter aside from partisan political whining be able to take a dump in their neighbors back yard? Or should the people who will be affected most by the infrastructure be allowed to have their concerns mediated through court?
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

CapitalB wrote:
I think the tricky part though is that the people who support the pipeline mostly live nowhere near where the pipeline or future increased shipping ship traffic will go. While a lot of the highest concentration of people most violently opposed to it live in the immediate area around the proposed pipeline and shipping ships. Should people who really don't have a stake in the matter aside from partisan political whining be able to take a dump in their neighbors back yard? Or should the people who will be affected most by the infrastructure be allowed to have their concerns mediated through court?

People who don't have a stake? We all have a stake and we are all responsible for our environment as well as our economy and future. The well being cannot be constantly held hostage by the minority just because they're a bunch of NIMBYs.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Dizzy1 wrote:People who don't have a stake? We all have a stake and we are all responsible for our environment as well as our economy and future. The well being cannot be constantly held hostage by the minority just because they're a bunch of NIMBYs.

I don't know where your getting the majority are for it thing from. If you look at polls taken outside of castanet it looks closer to 50/50, some are 70/30 like castanets (different areas different sides) but overall it looks like a pretty even split.

I'm curious about your statement regarding 'the well being constantly held hostage' are you referring to the economy being held hostage by people that think the environmental impact takes precedence over the economy?
Last edited by CapitalB on Feb 7th, 2018, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If BC continues to stall the pipeline, I would not be surprised if Alberta would start to ship by rail (if they haven't already).
impo I'd rather see it shipped via a pipeline over rail tankers.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Off to work. Read the link. I'll be back!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Thanks for the warning. By all means take your time.

Horgan will still be a hypocrite when you get back.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Its an NDP vs NDP slap fight and the people of BC and Alberta will be the ones who have to suffer

Thanks NDP.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:Off to work. Read the link. I'll be back!

We read the link yesterday. Old news (see Carr's Landing Viking's response 7:25) and not worth re-reading (see hobbyguy's response at 7:53 pm) viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76991&start=165
4, yup 4, engineers that decided they didn't like pipelines and so they form a little group and call themselves the Concerned Professional Engineers. ...
[snip]
... just hyperbole that they cooked up.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.maritime-executive.com/arti ... gs.=P4jVfc

Read this, and then come back and tell me why you think Horgan is a hypocrite. He actually cares about B.C.'s environment AND economy. Kinder Morgan and the Alberta and Federal governments do not. Any sensible BritishColumbian would want this risk assessment done before proceeding with this project.

Well, then these engineers should raise their concerns with British Columbia Coast Pilots http://www.bccoastpilots.com
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/engineers-call-for-bc-tanker-risk-assessment#gs.=P4jVfc

Read this, and then come back and tell me why you think Horgan is a hypocrite. .

HG already debunked this fear-mongering garbage when it was dumped in another thread. He said thusly:

4, yup 4, engineers that decided they didn't like pipelines and so they form a little group and call themselves the Concerned Professional Engineers.

The 10% figure is THEIR trumped up figure. I looked at the "logic" they posted and it is deliberately twisted to over-inflate the risks. They take issue with internationally accepted Norwegian computer simulations of the risks. In essence, they are putting out an opinion, and it it goes against the experts of the NEB and it goes against logic.

Sorry, but their math doesn't add up. Go ahead. Look it up on their website. It makes as much sense as the claim that that the tiny amount of farmland submerged by site C would feed 2 million people. It is just hyperbole that they cooked up.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Hassel99 wrote:Its an NDP vs NDP slap fight and the people of BC and Alberta will be the ones who have to suffer

Thanks NDP.

And this should be a lesson to all in both provinces - you guys that voted NDP created this mess. Never let it happen again.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote: While a lot of the highest concentration of people most violently opposed to it live in the immediate area around the proposed pipeline and shipping ships.

I am not saying this is actually true, but if it were even remotely true, the question that really should be asked is why? Why are these people "violently opposed"? What idiots are they listening to that are causing them to be so "violently opposed", and how does the rest of Canada penetrate this layer of panicky idiot fear-mongering stupidity?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

CapitalB wrote:I don't know where your getting the majority are for it thing from. If you look at polls taken outside of castanet it looks closer to 50/50, some are 70/30 like castanets (different areas different sides) but overall it looks like a pretty even split.

http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/news/va ... n-b-c.html
https://biv.com/article/2016/12/poll-fi ... s-mountain
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Man there are a lot of sour gripers on here.

The NDP and Horgan have all explained this many times.

Now is the Winter of our discontent?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

George+ wrote:Man there are a lot of sour gripers on here.

The NDP and Horgan have all explained this many times.

Now is the Winter of our discontent?

I find it rather hilarious that 2 NDP Provincial governments battling each other.

Return to “B.C.”