What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby Urbane » Feb 15th, 2018, 4:49 pm

    George+ wrote:Certainly not the Lieberals who will lose
    Big bucks donations.
It's funny how some people call the Liberals "Lieberals" and then totally look the other way when Horgan breaks all of these promises. Just pointing out the obvious . . .
"Spectemur agendo"

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21537
Likes: 9652 posts
Liked in: 12021 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby Hassel99 » Feb 15th, 2018, 4:50 pm

#ignorejohn

Apparently the BC Premiere threats have no teeth, just keep building. What can he do about it? Nothing.
This stunt is going Neuter BC on the national stage.


https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#219026

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi says the right strategy in the dispute between Alberta and B.C. over the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion is to ignore Premier John Horgan.

Alberta has formed a task force to mull further retaliation after Horgan proposed banning increased bitumen shipments from B.C. until there is a proven plan to deal with spills.

But Nenshi says Horgan hasn't confirmed any major restrictions yet and nothing the premier has said should slow down construction of the pipeline.

Nenshi spoke in Ottawa as Canada’s big city mayors meet with federal cabinet ministers ahead of the spring budget.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3575
Likes: 1044 posts
Liked in: 3101 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 8:31 am

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 15th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Urbane wrote:
    George+ wrote:Certainly not the Lieberals who will lose
    Big bucks donations.
It's funny how some people call the Liberals "Lieberals" and then totally look the other way when Horgan breaks all of these promises. Just pointing out the obvious . . .


Isn't that the case Urbane. It's called "selective ethics" and is a cousin to "selective memory" when the NDP past comes up.

Those two attributes, plus hypocrisy, are the key elements in NDP DNA. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4186
Likes: 4357 posts
Liked in: 6170 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby Glacier » Feb 16th, 2018, 9:53 am

George+ wrote:Not in the coastal pipeline areas.

Wut? Do you even know where Stewart/Hyder is located on a map? It's one big long narrow inlet.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28322
Likes: 3687 posts
Liked in: 10407 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 16th, 2018, 9:59 am

Hassel99 wrote:#ignorejohn

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi says the right strategy in the dispute between Alberta and B.C. over the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion is to ignore Premier John Horgan.

Alberta has formed a task force to mull further retaliation after Horgan proposed banning increased bitumen shipments from B.C. until there is a proven plan to deal with spills.

But Nenshi says Horgan hasn't confirmed any major restrictions yet and nothing the premier has said should slow down construction of the pipeline.

Nenshi spoke in Ottawa as Canada’s big city mayors meet with federal cabinet ministers ahead of the spring budget.


can we all just ignore Horgan and pretend the NDP's disgusting usurping of power didn't happen?
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29771
Likes: 13219 posts
Liked in: 17977 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby George+ » Feb 16th, 2018, 10:15 am

GB..Go for that, too. Guess that means no more postings!? Tee hee!

Glacier
Yup..been to Stewart and Hyder...loved Salmon Glacier.
Had a nice dinner in Stewart..enjoyed the Grizzly Bear Walk in Heyder.
Some Americans were being stupid...not unusual

Timber cruised in the area..Nass and Stikine Rivers.
Been to the Lava fields.
Worked with Nisgaa people.

Enough? Did you think the pipeline could go to Stewart? Wow!
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 9949
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 711 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 11:08 am
Location: West Kelowna

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 16th, 2018, 10:18 am

George+ wrote:GB..Go for that, too. Guess that means no more postings!? Tee hee!


If it meant no more postings for you George, we would all Tee hee all right.
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29771
Likes: 13219 posts
Liked in: 17977 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby Glacier » Feb 16th, 2018, 10:19 am

George+ wrote:Enough? Did you think the pipeline could go to Stewart? Wow!

If you read the link I posted, a First Nations backed group is proposing just that.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28322
Likes: 3687 posts
Liked in: 10407 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 16th, 2018, 2:02 pm

What a great way for the NDP to prove that they are hypocrites, once again.

$2.9M school budget cut

The board of education for School District 23 has approved a $2.9-million reduction to its 2017-18 budget.

The move reduces the overall district budget for Central Okanagan schools to just over $250.9 million.

The budget reduction comes as a result of a decrease in projected enrolment and less than projected costs for classroom enhancement teachers.

The reduction in enrolment results in a $3.3-million drop in the district's operating grant.

That decrease is comprised of $1.3 million in general enrolment, $1.6 million in projected special education enrolment, and $400,000 for salary differential.

Costs for classroom enhancement teachers are $645,000 less than projected.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Urbane likes this post.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 6930
Likes: 2648 posts
Liked in: 3688 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 16th, 2018, 2:47 pm

alanjh595 wrote:What a great way for the NDP to prove that they are hypocrites, once again.

$2.9M school budget cut

The board of education for School District 23 has approved a $2.9-million reduction to its 2017-18 budget.

The move reduces the overall district budget for Central Okanagan schools to just over $250.9 million.

The budget reduction comes as a result of a decrease in projected enrolment and less than projected costs for classroom enhancement teachers.

The reduction in enrolment results in a $3.3-million drop in the district's operating grant.

That decrease is comprised of $1.3 million in general enrolment, $1.6 million in projected special education enrolment, and $400,000 for salary differential.

Costs for classroom enhancement teachers are $645,000 less than projected.


George - what is the BCTF saying about this?? Shouldn't they be howling and screaming, and sending out propaganda emails for you to cut and paste here?
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29771
Likes: 13219 posts
Liked in: 17977 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby CapitalB » Feb 16th, 2018, 3:06 pm

alanjh595 wrote:What a great way for the NDP to prove that they are hypocrites, once again.

$2.9M school budget cut

The board of education for School District 23 has approved a $2.9-million reduction to its 2017-18 budget.

The move reduces the overall district budget for Central Okanagan schools to just over $250.9 million.

The budget reduction comes as a result of a decrease in projected enrolment and less than projected costs for classroom enhancement teachers.

The reduction in enrolment results in a $3.3-million drop in the district's operating grant.

That decrease is comprised of $1.3 million in general enrolment, $1.6 million in projected special education enrolment, and $400,000 for salary differential.

Costs for classroom enhancement teachers are $645,000 less than projected.


I don't see the link to the NDP there.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 840
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 554 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby gman313 » Feb 16th, 2018, 3:09 pm

I am a liberal supporter but that budget cut is not the fault of the NDP. School Districts are funded on a per student basis. If enrolment is lower than expected you will need to reduce your budget accordingly. The district has not hit the growth projected.

read the article
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2884
Likes: 1243 posts
Liked in: 1425 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 7:03 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby Urbane » Feb 16th, 2018, 3:18 pm

    gman313 wrote:I am a liberal supporter but that budget cut is not the fault of the NDP. School Districts are funded on a per student basis. If enrolment is lower than expected you will need to reduce your budget accordingly. The district has not hit the growth projected.

    read the article
True enough. However, I do remember actual "increases" called "cuts" when the Liberals were in power and when some of us pointed to declining enrolment that wasn't considered an excuse. We were told that the buildings still had to be maintained etc. Anyway, if an increase was called a cut during the Liberal reign then it seems only fair to call an actual cut a cut now. Is it fair to blame the NDP? Probably not but those who blamed the Liberals for basing the funding on a per student basis should do the same wth the NDP. We'll see if they change the funding formula in the upcoming budget.
"Spectemur agendo"

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21537
Likes: 9652 posts
Liked in: 12021 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby madmudder » Feb 16th, 2018, 4:41 pm

You want to talk about hypocrites read this Liberal platform from 2001.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4838874 ... m-complete
User avatar
madmudder
Board Meister
 
Posts: 467
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 144 posts
Joined: Jan 1st, 2009, 6:32 pm

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Postby Urbane » Feb 16th, 2018, 5:20 pm

It reminds me that the Liberals did those things that they had promised in their platform. Contrast that with all of Horgan's broken promises. They promised the #1 economy in the country, for example, and that's what we got. Were they perfect? No. Did they run a better government than the NDP did in the previous decade? Absolutely.
Last edited by Urbane on Feb 16th, 2018, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Spectemur agendo"

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21537
Likes: 9652 posts
Liked in: 12021 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests