Where's Trudeau?

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Where's Trudeau?

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
Hmm.......maybe I should wait until he's not so busy and send him that Alberta professor's interview when he gets back home. :biggrin:

I think you should. And I honestly think JT will find it as funny and as stupid as the rest of us did.

I don't think you should be calling our PM 'stupid'. One would have to be stupid to dismiss that Alberta professor's opinion.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
I don't think you should be calling our PM 'stupid'. One would have to be stupid to dismiss that Alberta professor's opinion.

I was calling the professor stupid, for his stupid opinion, but JT isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer either. It's been actually with a bit of a sense of wonderment that I see him on the right side of this pipeline debate. I am shocked!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

I was calling the professor stupid, for his stupid opinion, but JT isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer either. It's been actually with a bit of a sense of wonderment that I see him on the right side of this pipeline debate. I am shocked!

It appears that he doesn't know which side he's on. He and Jagmeet seem to have the same problem, politically.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/219514 ... zes-Canada

Glad to hear Trudeau's having a ball at Bollywood. Looks like 50% of Canadians won't be rolling out the red carpet on his return. What strikes me as funny is that it's going to be the Conservatives who will be greeting him with open arms. :biggrin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/219514/Pipeline-polarizes-Canada

Glad to hear Trudeau's having a ball at Bollywood. Looks like 50% of Canadians won't be rolling out the red carpet on his return. What strikes me as funny is that it's going to be the Conservatives who will be greeting him with open arms. :biggrin:

Polls like this to me are meaningless, especially this part:

When asked which province – B.C., which wants to delay the project for environmental reasons, or Alberta, which wants to avoid delays for economic reasons – is making the more compelling argument, Canadians are evenly split, with 50 per cent saying each province’s government is more persuasive.

How would anyone know which argument is more compelling, especially if they haven't done any reading or understand the whole situation? If they have just confined themselves to reading the US-funded propaganda, and are naturally cowardly individuals, of course they are going to support the disgusting position of the unelected BC government. Why wouldn't they?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

^^Oh, goodie, government by popularity contest. Always in our best interests to allow the passionately uninformed to rule. What could go wrong? [/sarcasm]

Province by province is slightly different not surprisingly Albertans are gung-ho at 82 per cent support while in British Columbia only 42 per cent of those surveyed support the project.

Missing data: opposed and undecided. Reason for this?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

rustled wrote:^^Oh, goodie, government by popularity contest. Always in our best interests to allow the passionately uninformed to rule. What could go wrong? [/sarcasm]

Province by province is slightly different not surprisingly Albertans are gung-ho at 82 per cent support while in British Columbia only 42 per cent of those surveyed support the project.

Missing data: opposed and undecided. Reason for this?
From the poll it looks like nationwide 49% support the KM expansion, 33% oppose it, and 18% are undecided. http://angusreid.org/alberta-bc-transmountain-dispute/

I'm not seeing the poll results on that question for BC but a recent poll showed similar results to the national result of this poll, i.e. close to half in favour, a third opposed, and the remainder undecided. It's also worth noting that by a 53-47% margin people believe that the federal government should have the final say on these projects.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

CF - your comments about JT are abundantly silly. He has made it very clear that the pipeline WILL be built.

Jagmeet on the other hand is trying to play both sides of the fence - while promising free stuff with no way to pay for it. Typical NDP incompetent.

When you consider the $$$ poured into lobby "groups" in Canada by the Americans and others JT is in a very solid position. The law and the constitution are clear. The facts and science are clear that the TMX is a good balance for Canada.

Politically, the TMX and the oil sands face a tsunami of misinformation and propaganda from the Tides follower groups, but that's ok, because in overall issue polls, the issue is waay down the list of priorities for Canadians - and the political win for the Liberals is to get the pipeline built. 3 provinces to 1/2 a province where anybody really cares, and among the 1/2 a province, only a few nimby's and ideologues that will never vote Liberal have blocking the pipeline as a priority.

So JT is on the right of what is good for Canada, the right side of the law and the constitution, the right side of the overall real environmental issue... and the dufus BC NDP are left out looking like the incompetent and foolish snollygosters they are.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:CF - your comments about JT are abundantly silly. He has made it very clear that the pipeline WILL be built.

Jagmeet on the other hand is trying to play both sides of the fence - while promising free stuff with no way to pay for it. Typical NDP incompetent.

When you consider the $$$ poured into lobby "groups" in Canada by the Americans and others JT is in a very solid position. The law and the constitution are clear. The facts and science are clear that the TMX is a good balance for Canada.

Politically, the TMX and the oil sands face a tsunami of misinformation and propaganda from the Tides follower groups, but that's ok, because in overall issue polls, the issue is waay down the list of priorities for Canadians - and the political win for the Liberals is to get the pipeline built. 3 provinces to 1/2 a province where anybody really cares, and among the 1/2 a province, only a few nimby's and ideologues that will never vote Liberal have blocking the pipeline as a priority.

So JT is on the right of what is good for Canada, the right side of the law and the constitution, the right side of the overall real environmental issue... and the dufus BC NDP are left out looking like the incompetent and foolish snollygosters they are.

Here, I'll fix that for you........'Politically, the Canadians face a tsunami of misinformation and propaganda from CAPP and Big Oil lobbyists in the US'.

Calling my opinion 'silly', and the NDP 'incompetent and foolish' doesn't change the fact that the Conservatives are the majority of Canadians who are supporting the KMX. Trudeau must be giving that some serious thought......if he's capable of it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
Calling my opinion 'silly', and the NDP 'incompetent and foolish' doesn't change the fact that the Conservatives are the majority of Canadians who are supporting the KMX. Trudeau must be giving that some serious thought......if he's capable of it.

If he gave it some serious thought, he'd realize that it's not "Conservatives" who are supporting this pipeline, it's "people who can do math".
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Interesting.

Wee Johnny backs down on the nonsense the idiot Heyman started on the pipeline issue. Heyman gets to stand on the sidelines and look as useless as he is with his mouth shut (as it should be).

Then wee Johnny and his band of BC NDP incompetents then get to make the joint announcement on federal child care money, while all claiming it was a "scheduling conflict". "Scheduling conflict" my foot. JT and his crew probably mumbled something like "without the TMX, we will not have the funds available to support your child care program, so until that is settled, we will have to hold off".

Of course, we won't likely know the true extent of the pressure the feds applied, but that one seems to point that way. Lots of ways that the feds can can "walk softly and carry a big stick".
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:Interesting.

Wee Johnny backs down on the nonsense the idiot Heyman started on the pipeline issue. Heyman gets to stand on the sidelines and look as useless as he is with his mouth shut (as it should be).

Then wee Johnny and his band of BC NDP incompetents then get to make the joint announcement on federal child care money, while all claiming it was a "scheduling conflict". "Scheduling conflict" my foot. JT and his crew probably mumbled something like "without the TMX, we will not have the funds available to support your child care program, so until that is settled, we will have to hold off".

Of course, we won't likely know the true extent of the pressure the feds applied, but that one seems to point that way. Lots of ways that the feds can can "walk softly and carry a big stick".

Hilarious, HG. When can I expect your next conspiracy theory? Anyway, I think Trudeau's much too busy trying to distance himself from his old pal Jaspal Atwal to concern himself with the AB/BC pipeline/tanker dispute.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:Interesting.

Hilarious, HG. When can I expect your next conspiracy theory? Anyway, I think Trudeau's much too busy trying to distance himself from his old pal Jaspal Atwal to concern himself with the AB/BC pipeline/tanker dispute.

Deflecting away from the incompetence of Horgan in managing the stupidity of Heyman and his LEAPers shows you know you have lost.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Deflecting away from the incompetence of Horgan in managing the stupidity of Heyman and his LEAPers shows you know you have lost.

I should have saved my Guardian link for this thread. I've been told I cannot post the same link on multiple threads, so I'm requesting that you see my last submisssion on the pipeline thread to get a glimpse of how I feel about Trudeau. After all, the title of this topic is 'Trudeau', not Horgan or Heyman.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

I'd be willing to bet that he's disguised as an Indian Chief (with the finest custom made costume no doubt), protesting the Kinder Morgan Pipeline down in Burnaby.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

Return to “B.C.”