Where's Trudeau?

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Where's Trudeau?

Post by Ka-El »

Cactusflower wrote: Do you honestly believe that the Alberta multinational oil companies will stop shipping bitumen by rail if they get the pipeline through B.C.? How naive of you.

Do you honestly not understand that the whole idea behind pipeline construction is to move the oil in a much safer and more efficient manner? Do you honestly believe we are going to take you seriously as long as you keep typing up your nonsense on some sort of computing device constructed with petroleum by-products? Ghandi said "be the change you want to see".

Maybe you should stop posting.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

I'm here for the weather, really.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Because they are British Columbians, and British Columbians don't crap all over other British Columbians.

Last I looked, BC isn't a country. Don't like Canada? We have millions that would love to come here. Try Venezuela or Somalia if you don't like Canada.

Obviously no belief in constitutional democracy and the rule of law, so maybe they should try Russia. Nah, Putin wouldn't have them, petty thieves that steal union dues and taxpayer $$$ for their so called political party are too low class for him - but wait, there might be an opening in the department of propaganda trolls.

Canada is a great country. Anyone who travels knows that. Time for Johnny to man up, be a Canadian and admit the fool Heyman overstepped, and fire him!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Ka-El wrote:
Cactusflower wrote: Do you honestly believe that the Alberta multinational oil companies will stop shipping bitumen by rail if they get the pipeline through B.C.? How naive of you.

Do you honestly not understand that the whole idea behind pipeline construction is to move the oil in a much safer and more efficient manner? Do you honestly believe we are going to take you seriously as long as you keep typing up your nonsense on some sort of computing device constructed with petroleum by-products? Ghandi said "be the change you want to see".

This isn't communist China.....yet. We still have freedom of expression here in Canada. You want to muzzle me for trying to explain something to you that you refuse to believe; that there is bitumen being shipped by rail from the Alberta tar sands to all over North America, and it's not going to stop just because Kinder Morgan builds another dilbit pipeline.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

:dash:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

How are the "Albertans" different from "BCers"? Are they not also Canadian? Do they bleed red? Is their social environment the same as ours? Are their laws not the same as ours? Is our skin colour different?

What is your problem with our brothers and sisters that live just next door, in the the same country as we do?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

alanjh595 wrote:How are the "Albertans" different from "BCers"? Are they not also Canadian? Do they bleed red? Is their social environment the same as ours? Are their laws not the same as ours? Is our skin colour different?

What is your problem with our brothers and sisters that live just next door, in the the same country as we do?

Oh come ON (as Justin likes to exclaim when rattled), only I'm not rattled, simply annoyed at the Premier of Alberta and her B.C. cheerleaders. How dare you call me un-Canadian for standing up for what I think is right. You seem to think it's alright for one Premier to slap sanctions on the small business owners of another province for no reason other than she's being asked to prove that her dilbit pipeline isn't going to leak, and the tankers aren't going to dump dilbit all over our coastal waters when they have an accident (mostly human-caused, according to historical spills). Neither her nor Trudeau has an acceptable answer to that, and until they do, B.C. has every right to keep the KMX from entering our province.

And don't bother bringing up the old existing pipeline before googling its spill history.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

BC has no right so ever to keep KMX from our province as this is a federally approved project.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Here's what Norman Spector said about Notley on Twitter earlier this evening:

Norman Spector

@nspector4
2h2 hours ago

She needs to keep on retaliating--Horgan is fine with a standoff, but she needs him to back down or for Trudeau to intervene decisively #bcpoli #ableg

There's talk on Twitter of Alberta halting shipments of BC lumber into that province and talk about giving notice to end the existing trade agreement with BC. Remember what columnist Les Leyne said, i.e. this isn't going to end well. We all know that Horgan realizes he can't actually stop the pipeline expansion so he's just playing politics. He's also boxing himself into a corner at our expense!
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Tudesu intervening in B.C. Where real Liberals
Vote against the pipeline.
That will not go well for him!
Simply will elect more NDP.

Norman Spector shoul retire, permanently.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 10th, 2018, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 10th, 2018, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Could Alberta bring B.C. to its knees by shutting off the oil?

it could ironically mean more oil spilling on B.C.

One of the main reasons B.C. is opposing an expansion of the Trans Mountain Pipeline is because it would bring more tankers to West Coast waters. One ironic twist of a pipeline shutdown is that B.C. would need to bring in their fuel with more barges in the Salish Sea, more oil trains on railroad tracks and more oil trucks on highways. All of these methods are much more precarious than a pipeline, so Alberta could score a poetic victory in that a suddenly pipeline-free B.C. would almost certainly start experiencing more spills.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/co ... &ocid=iehp
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Cactusflower wrote:
Ka-El wrote: Do you honestly believe we are going to take you seriously as long as you keep typing up your nonsense on some sort of computing device constructed with petroleum by-products? Ghandi said "be the change you want to see".

This isn't communist China.....yet. We still have freedom of expression here in Canada. You want to muzzle me for trying to explain something to you that you refuse to believe; ...

You missed my point (surprise). I'm not trying to muzzle you, and I hardly expect that you will be able to explain anything you do not first understand yourself. You want to continue exposing yourself as a hypocrite by typing away on your petroleum dependent device bemoaning our use and need for oil and its safe and efficient transport, by all means – fill your boots.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Hardly comparable.

No one has said cut off petroleum products.

Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain is a very dangerous pipeline.

MY ipad is not dangerous.

Lots of litigation still before the courts..ignore the courts?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4494017

Return to “B.C.”