Military parade next?

Cactusflower
Banned

Military parade next?

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218572/I-mwiththeBCD

I was watching Bill Maher last night and he was making jokes about Trump and his plan to have a military parade (can't remember now whether in New York City or Washington DC). Anyway he was comparing Trump's idea to the military parades of North Korea, Hitler's Germany, etc. I sure hope B.C. has no plans to copy one of Trump's looney-tunes ideas.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Military parade next?

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Well I'd be inclined to leave it to the NDP, if you're looking for someone to set the bar lower than Trump. [icon_lol2.gif]

Don't think the Dragoons would be viewed as being in the same class.

edited for clarity
Last edited by Urban Cowboy on Feb 11th, 2018, 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218572/I-mwiththeBCD

I was watching Bill Maher last night and he was making jokes about Trump and his plan to have a military parade (can't remember now whether in New York City or Washington DC). Anyway he was comparing Trump's idea to the military parades of North Korea, Hitler's Germany, etc. I sure hope B.C. has no plans to copy one of Trump's looney-tunes ideas.

We could show are used jets then are wounded vets that we cannot afford to give anymore and then Canadas best of the best special forces that we cut wages. Maybe they could just be part of the pride parade.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Enemy Commander: "Here comes the Canadian Navy. Load up the rust-seeking torpedoes."
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What is wrong with using a military vehicle to highlight and bring attention to the BC Dragoons and their hiring drive? They are looking for good men and women to join and get paid for it while they take on some of the world's most important peacekeeping and humanitarian work.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I love military parades.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Can you imagine a military parade these days....in Vancouver or Victoria?
The Snowflake meltdown would be apocalyptic. [icon_lol2.gif]

‘Safe spaces” would be jammed to overcapacity....crayon and stuffy production would need to be tripled.
The resulting floods would swamp low laying areas.... :D
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Who doesn't love to see the Snowbirds when they come to Kelowna? Isn't that a parade? Are they not military aircraft?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:Anyway he was comparing Trump's idea to the military parades of North Korea, Hitler's Germany, etc.

Of course he was. The fake news from the left in the US just never stops.

I sure hope B.C. has no plans to copy one of Trump's looney-tunes ideas.

The "ideas" we've got now, like trying to stop approved pipelines and billions of dollars of investment in our economy, for basically no good reason other than to pander to cowards, are pretty loony-toon already. Not sure why a military parade by some of our proud folks in our armed forces would be "loony-toon" at all. It would be fantastic.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think parades are great!

All the different things to see.

The only problem with Trump's parade is that the only clown involved is the one watching.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I would hardly call driving around multiple towns with a single TAP-V vehicle a parade. Now THIS is how us Canadians parade.

Return to “B.C.”