Boycot WestJet! Boycot Alberta beef!

Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Re: Boycot WestJet! Boycot Alberta beef!

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

I think I stated that GB, that every industry had skin in the game, I said that.

I want them to stop sending us oil, because that would clean up this mess pretty darn quick. I do realize after reading it, it was unclear perhaps because I qualified it immediately after my first sentence. Poor editing on my part.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:please stop sending us oil, don't screwed a farmer please.

You do realize that if they stopped sending their oil, we'd all be screwed, including the farmers? How does this not register?

It would also hurt Alberta. Notley is not dumb, she is selecting industries and area's where she knows Albertans will be minimally affected and at the same time trying to send a message to BC. The longer this plays out, the more consumers BC wineries will lose. Consumers choices can easily be filled with wines from Ontario, Quebec, California, etc.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

All of fuel used (gasoline, diesel & aircraft) in BC (roughly) south of about 100 mile house to US border). Comes from Kamloops terminal, that all comes via Trans-mountian pipeline out of Edmonton.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I think Ms. Trump, er Notley was very low to target wineries. Look at the howls out of Alberta such as last year when Earls decided to go for U.S. beef as to what the equivalent for them is. I'm disappointed that our B.C. premier has not sent a trade message back at Alberta.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

occasional thoughts wrote:I think Ms. Trump, er Notley was very low to target wineries. Look at the howls out of Alberta such as last year when Earls decided to go for U.S. beef as to what the equivalent for them is. I'm disappointed that our B.C. premier has not sent a trade message back at Alberta.

Like what? Stop sending us your career welfare-suckers? Good luck with that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Jflem1983 wrote:Your out to lunch. This is purely the NDP doing. Its quite interesting to note Kelowna stands to be the big loser.
We have lots of wineries. We have lots of Albertans here. Also we have a lot of locals who work in the patch. These peoples jobs are going to be at risk. At some point if things sour too much the guys with 250 phone numbers will get replaced with Albertans

I suggest you move back to Alberta if your so in love with it. IMO the AB premier is acting like a spoiled child. Seriously, how much more immature can an adult act?? There is nothing BC needs from AB. We like some stuff, but nothing we need. Including the red neck tourists. As for the pipeline, I am against it, always have been and always will. If this is "forced" through, things are going to get a lot more agitated than they are now. Boycott AB and perhaps all the AB's can stay in their province this summer. That would be awesome.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

*Off Topic
Last edited by TreeGuy on Feb 13th, 2018, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Mtn Biker wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Your out to lunch. This is purely the NDP doing. Its quite interesting to note Kelowna stands to be the big loser.
We have lots of wineries. We have lots of Albertans here. Also we have a lot of locals who work in the patch. These peoples jobs are going to be at risk. At some point if things sour too much the guys with 250 phone numbers will get replaced with Albertans

I suggest you move back to Alberta if your so in love with it. IMO the AB premier is acting like a spoiled child. Seriously, how much more immature can an adult act?? There is nothing BC needs from AB. We like some stuff, but nothing we need. Including the red neck tourists. As for the pipeline, I am against it, always have been and always will. If this is "forced" through, things are going to get a lot more agitated than they are now. Boycott AB and perhaps all the AB's can stay in their province this summer. That would be awesome.

Please read what you wrote then see the bold text.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Everyone just needs to calm down and let the process work itself out.
Going "*bleep* for tat" and turning this into a real interprovincial trade war is the height of stupidity. Both provincial economies would suffer needlessly.

B.C needs Alberta.....Alberta needs B.C. :130:
Pretending otherwise is just silly.

Horgan and Weaver both know damn well that this project is going forward.
This is all a show to buy votes and shift blame on to the federal government.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Leifer wrote:Everyone just needs to calm down and let the process work itself out.
Going "*bleep* for tat" and turning this into a real interprovincial trade war is the height of stupidity. Both provincial economies would suffer needlessly.

B.C needs Alberta.....Alberta needs B.C. :130:
Pretending otherwise is just silly.

Horgan and Weaver both know damn well that this project is going forward.
This is all a show to buy votes and shift blame on to the federal government.

We are all Canadians, except maybe the small group of anti-democratic ideologues that started this mess.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Mtn Biker wrote:Boycott AB and perhaps all the AB's can stay in their province this summer. That would be awesome.

even better - all the BC hippies go to Alberta this summer and stay there.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Mtn Biker wrote:Boycott AB and perhaps all the AB's can stay in their province this summer. That would be awesome.

even better - all the BC hippies go to Alberta this summer and stay there.

What about all us ex hippies that grew up and saw the world as it really is? Can we stay?
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

AlienSoldier wrote: There is nothing BC needs from AB.

BC gets 80% of it's fuel needs (heat, transport, etc.) met by Alberta.

*the other 20% is met by Washington State, and hot air out of Victoria
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rider59 wrote:
What about all us ex hippies that grew up and saw the world as it really is? Can we stay?

sure, just one question to prove you are an actual "ex hippie":

Wind turbines can replace all of the energy needs currently supplied by Alberta oil production. True or false?
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:sure, just one question to prove you are an actual "ex hippie":

Wind turbines can replace all of the energy needs currently supplied by Alberta oil production. True or false?

Well, I'm a real ex Hippy from the 70s. Not this crap you see today.

But I will answer as an electrician and a Civil Engineer.

[color=#FF0000]NO!!!!!!![/color]
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two

Return to “B.C.”