Get rid of all the schools

Jflem1983
Guru

Get rid of all the schools

Post by Jflem1983 »

Move to an online learning environment. Have private tutors. Fire all the teachers. Cut pensions. Axe the bctf. Redevelop all the current school sites.
Hire the best teachers to teach online. Pay them well enough that they need no union.

By doing this we could destroy a corrupt union. Get rid of pesky teachers. Improve our education system . Save billions. Eliminate bullying. Eliminate teach student sexual relations. Eliminate school shootings.

So the real question. Why isnt this happening
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Get rid of all the schools

Post by Fancy »

There are online classes available but they can't replace all education.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

To the best of my knowledge canada doesn't really have a school shooting problem, a quick look gives me the number of eleven shootings between 2013 and 1975. We're not america thats not a problem we really have.

I also think that a plan like that would end up with a huge percentage of canadian children being illiterate.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

CapitalB wrote:
I also think that a plan like that would end up with a huge percentage of canadian children being illiterate.

Hahahahahahahahaha !

Guess you don't actually have to deal with young people face to face in the real
world, like outside, or in a store, or Restaurant.

It's painful to watch these people try to function at all, let alone make change.

I think I see a sense of relief flush some faces when going to pay with a card
in the stead of cash.......No math required.

If they closed the schools who would raise the children ?
You can't expect the actual parents to have anything to do
with the little buggers !

edited to ficks spellin foe paws pointed out by the high lee edumucated..
Last edited by dirtybiker on Feb 16th, 2018, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

CapitalB wrote:To the best of my knowledge canada doesn't really have a school shooting problem, a quick look gives me the number of eleven shootings between 2013 and 1975. We're not america thats not a problem we really have.

It would force parents to care a little for their children as opposed to lettting the state program the kids.
Last edited by Jflem1983 on Feb 15th, 2018, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

dirtybiker wrote:
Hahahahahahahahaha !

Geuss you don't actually have to deal with young people face to face in the real
world, like outside, or in a store, or Resteraunt.

It's painful to watch these people try to function at all, let alone make change.

I think I see a sense of relief flush some faces when going to pay with a card
in the stead of cash.......No math required.

If they closed the schools who would raise the children ?
You can't expect the actual parents to have anything to do
with the little buggers !

I used to hire those people. In my experience young people that can't do math well is about as common as older people that can barely (or just wont) read, honestly was a pretty big problem (though I think older people taking minimum wage jobs may be in that position for a reason).

Want to know the real reason young people can't do math though? Its because starting in middle school all math must be written in full and after a certain point the requirement of a calculator is added. Who would have guessed that forcing kids to not do math in their heads would render them mostly unable to do math in their heads.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Deleted
Last edited by GordonH on Feb 15th, 2018, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Evidence that the BCTF is corrupt?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

George+ wrote:Evidence that the BCTF is corrupt?

They support the NDP.

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:Move to an online learning environment. Have private tutors. Fire all the teachers. Cut pensions. Axe the bctf. Redevelop all the current school sites.
Hire the best teachers to teach online. Pay them well enough that they need no union.

By doing this we could destroy a corrupt union. Get rid of pesky teachers. Improve our education system . Save billions. Eliminate bullying. Eliminate teach student sexual relations. Eliminate school shootings.

You clearly have no understanding of Distance Learning (online education) and its significant drawbacks.

While there is definitely a need for change, which will involve more online content provided by experts, this works best through a blended learning approach. Basically, teachers work with the students to bridge the gap between the online content and the real world.

The approach you advocate is essentially throwing the baby out with the bath water. We have a relatively good education system, one in the top 20, and while there is room for improvement, it's imperative that we don't screw everything up in making changes.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jflem1983 wrote:Move to an online learning environment. Have private tutors. Fire all the teachers. Cut pensions. Axe the bctf. Redevelop all the current school sites.

Check out Khan academy. Even better listen to his Ted talk for ideas of changing education systems. Their site has an amazing amount of free schooling.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

CapitalB wrote:To the best of my knowledge canada doesn't really have a school shooting problem, a quick look gives me the number of eleven shootings between 2013 and 1975. We're not america thats not a problem we really have.

Already happening to a degree, due to the political correctness nonsense, and teaching kids that they are all winners, yada yada yada.
Decades back things were much simpler, exams plus your work, were marked, and you either got a passing grade, or a failing grade, which determined if you moved on to the next grade, or stayed put in the same one for another year.

Nowadays it's more of an assembly line, where they get passed on to the next station, regardless of abilities.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
harblz
Board Meister

Post by harblz »

Jflem1983 wrote:So the real question. Why isnt this happening

Because it's a bad idea?
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Old Techie wrote:
Already happening to a degree, due to the political correctness nonsense, and teaching kids that they are all winners, yada yada yada.
Decades back things were much simpler, exams plus your work, were marked, and you either got a passing grade, or a failing grade, which determined if you moved on to the next grade, or stayed put in the same one for another year.

Nowadays it's more of an assembly line, where they get passed on to the next station, regardless of abilities.

I'm sure your speaking from your own firsthand experience in the current school system and not just making stuff up though right?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Veovis wrote:...
Check out Khan academy. Even better listen to his Ted talk for ideas of changing education systems. Their site has an amazing amount of free schooling.

It's a great site, and is an inspiration to educators all over the World. It has proven to work best when there are teachers involved, the students have access to the required resources (who is going to foot the bill for broadband and a computer in every house with a student in BC), students don't have barriers, etc. For strong students who are kids of middle class, well educated parents, it's great. For many of the rest, it's a struggle at best.

There are major schools in cities in BC with barely functional internet speeds for a single class to have its students all work separately on different Kahn Academy lessons. Basically, a school with hundreds of students can't support 5% of their student body actually working online at once. Additionally, some schools even block students from using their own devices for online learning. These kids are forced to use out-of-date equipment, which stays in the school and isn't available to them at home. Smart phones and such are here to stay and we are not supporting our students in using the tools they will be using for at least the foreseeable future.

These kinds of decisions are usually made higher up, by district staff or school administration.

Return to “B.C.”