Get rid of all the schools

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Q

Post by alanjh595 »

Deean wrote:Keep the schools, get rid of the present curriculum. Politics, Religion, and LGBTQ agendas have no place there. The teachers should actually teach instead of referencing the internet all the time. Cell phones should be banned in the classroom, the kids are there to learn. There you have it, my rant for the day!!

That's a GOOD rant, and I agree. Schools should have cel phone blocking on the property.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Deean wrote:Keep the schools, get rid of the present curriculum. Politics, Religion, and LGBTQ agendas have no place there. The teachers should actually teach instead of referencing the internet all the time. Cell phones should be banned in the classroom, the kids are there to learn. There you have it, my rant for the day!!

This tells me you actually have no understanding of what the actual curriculum is. Religion is already not part of the public education system. Politics is confined to a 1 term course in grade 11 that explains political theory, and helps students identify where in the political spectrum their beliefs fall so that they can graduate with an idea of who they should vote for based on their beliefs. Also a mock UN where students spend a day representing an assigned country where they discuss real world events based on how that country would address them based on their research.

LGBTQ is not a course, and about all you’ll find relating to it in any high school is potentially a non-acedemic student led club that meets during lunch or after school, giving people a place they can be open and share their thoughts with like minded individuals.

Teachers are teaching. And they are teaching students lessons that will prepare them for life in these modern times, which yes, involve the internet. I hate to break it to you, but teaching handwriting is not as important as teaching how to use a computer in the 21st century. And teaching students how to properly use computers and the internet will go a lot further to helping prepare them for their future careers.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

This tells me you actually have no understanding of what the actual curriculum is. Religion is already not part of the public education system. Politics is confined to a 1 term course in grade 11 that explains political theory, and helps students identify where in the political spectrum their beliefs fall so that they can graduate with an idea of who they should vote for based on their beliefs. Also a mock UN where students spend a day representing an assigned country where they discuss real world events based on how that country would address them based on their research.

LGBTQ is not a course, and about all you’ll find relating to it in any high school is potentially a non-acedemic student led club that meets during lunch or after school, giving people a place they can be open and share their thoughts with like minded individuals.

Teachers are teaching. And they are teaching students lessons that will prepare them for life in these modern times, which yes, involve the internet. I hate to break it to you, but teaching handwriting is not as important as teaching how to use a computer in the 21st century. And teaching students how to properly use computers and the internet will go a lot further to helping prepare them for their future careers.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Omnitheo wrote:This tells me you actually have no understanding of what the actual curriculum is. Religion is already not part of the public education system.[d] Politics is confined to a 1 term course in grade 11 that explains political theory, and helps students identify where in the political spectrum their beliefs fall so that they can graduate with an idea of who they should vote for based on their beliefs.[/b] Also a mock UN where students spend a day representing an assigned country where they discuss real world events based on how that country would address them based on their research.

If you really believe that I've got some ocean front property to sell you. [icon_lol2.gif]

Some teachers are little more than NDP shills, brainwashing kids while they're young, in the hopes they'll help bolster the party membership once old enough to vote.

There may indeed not be a class on politics, but last teachers strike we certainly saw how manipulative some are, and with kids in primary school no less, which is way past crossing acceptable boundaries.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Get rid of all the schools

Post by Jflem1983 »

No Baiting
Last edited by TreeGuy on Mar 19th, 2018, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “B.C.”