Dealing with ICBC

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Dealing with ICBC

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:theres nothing ignorant about it i to have had it however it goes away its discomfort but it doesn't entitle you to get a big payout i have also got it learning to snowboard should i have sued the ski hill for it
Discomfort negates the seriousness of the injury. Why would you sue a ski hill that didn't cause the injury?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

why would you sue icbc they didn't injure you
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:why would you sue icbc they didn't injure you

I didn't.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

To the OP:

ICBC’s soft tissue injury settlement guidelines apply particularly to whiplash injuries and a cap on damages for these injuries ranges from $6,500 – $15,000, depending on the severity and duration of the injury. British Columbia Courts are not bound by ICBC’s soft tissue injury settlement guidelines. For this reason it is important to access reported court judgments to determine the potential value of a claim for non-pecuniary damages. It cannot be overstated that these “guidelines” are internal policies and a court is not bound by them.

http://bc-injury-law.com/how-much-is-my ... laim-worth

http://bc-injury-law.com/blog/category/ ... lash-cases
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I haven't read through this to see if it is pertinent:

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?t=13601
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

i guess i will just get used to my rates going up every year its pretty clear why, with this fresh snow its a good day to "earn" a quick ten k might go for a drive
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Why do we pay people for hurting themselves ? I understand if its life changing. But even a broken leg. Suck it up. I dont understand why people feel entitled to a payday for getting hurt .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm sure the OP doesn't care - they asked a simple question.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

LTD wrote:theres nothing ignorant about it i to have had it however it goes away its discomfort but it doesn't entitle you to get a big payout i have also got it learning to snowboard should i have sued the ski hill for it

Did someone hit you and cause your injury? No? Just you own darn fault? Understand the difference? No?

You are just plain and simply wrong. Period.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Fancy wrote:To the OP:

ICBC’s soft tissue injury settlement guidelines apply particularly to whiplash injuries and a cap on damages for these injuries ranges from $6,500 – $15,000, depending on the severity and duration of the injury. British Columbia Courts are not bound by ICBC’s soft tissue injury settlement guidelines. For this reason it is important to access reported court judgments to determine the potential value of a claim for non-pecuniary damages. It cannot be overstated that these “guidelines” are internal policies and a court is not bound by them.

http://bc-injury-law.com/how-much-is-my ... laim-worth

http://bc-injury-law.com/blog/category/ ... lash-cases

Thanks for sharing that. I wish I had known about the link before I was in my accident, instead of my ignorant, non-internet savvy self having to wait for ICBC’s words only. Not that it matters now anyways, although I gained spine damage and a minor concussion alongside the whiplash. ICBC covered some treatments I needed for recovery, but I wouldn’t have asked were my case not as severe. ‘‘Twas nice of them.
I am... the law!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

JagXKR wrote:

Did someone hit you and cause your injury? No? Just you own darn fault? Understand the difference? No?

You are just plain and simply wrong. Period.

lol I'm not the one comparing a minor car crash to a sexual assault
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

LTD wrote:i guess i will just get used to my rates going up every year its pretty clear why, with this fresh snow its a good day to "earn" a quick ten k might go for a drive

Are you suggesting the OP was just trying to get money? I hope not because that would be horrible. I guess everyone that gets injured is just a scammer. Wow!
Your rates are going up for many reasons but not from innocent victims of stupid drivers. Maybe the stupid drivers that cause the accidents or the near non-existing penalties for scamming need to be held more accountable, but not the innocent victims. Not enough energy to stop the scammers and make them pay and pay hard. Lax penalties do not dissuade criminal behaviour. Scammers, real scammers need jail time.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

LTD wrote:lol I'm not the one comparing a minor car crash to a sexual assault

Nope you are the one that is saying, via innuendo, that the OP is a baby and to suck it up. Innocent victim being told to suck it up. A kin to my previous post, blaming the victim. Different scale but same idea.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

as i have already said if one misses work or cant work or has to change professions youre absolutely entitled to compensation however claiming because your neck is a little sore is bs and should be treated as such people like that are exactly why my rates go up
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

JagXKR wrote:
LTD wrote:i guess i will just get used to my rates going up every year its pretty clear why, with this fresh snow its a good day to "earn" a quick ten k might go for a drive

Are you suggesting the OP was just trying to get money? I hope not because that would be horrible. I guess everyone that gets injured is just a scammer. Wow!
Your rates are going up for many reasons but not from innocent victims of stupid drivers. Maybe the stupid drivers that cause the accidents or the near non-existing penalties for scamming need to be held more accountable, but not the innocent victims. Not enough energy to stop the scammers and make them pay and pay hard. Lax penalties do not dissuade criminal behaviour. Scammers, real scammers need jail time.

clearly youre on board with scamming icbc thanks for that i will think of you when my rates go up again

Return to “B.C.”