Ben Stewart

blackdog777

Ben Stewart

Post by blackdog777 »

I think Ben is in way over his head if he thinks BC is messing with the Canadian constitution when there is only a discussion paper on the table at this time. He should support BC and the wishes of our population and protect our environment. If Alberta is his priority, move to Alberta. I know he is a quitter, but at least don't be a pawn of Big Oil!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ine-rights
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Ben Stewart

Post by CapitalB »

but big oil is so friendly and generous.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

What would be even better is if the government officials currently in power didn't verbally slap their chests and taunt "wanna go!" like a grade nine moron pretending he's tough and wanting to fight.

The result was a bloody nose from Alberta, and clear discussions that what they plan is against the constitution. Based on both of those factors they should have acted like adults, instead they are pouting like children.

These are our government leaders?

Then we get to find out that the guy really making this mess was actually conspiring with outside interests from other counties......

I hope Ben gives them heck, in fact everyone no matter political spectrum should be furious. Real harm to real people for one guys ego and personal belief system, and his boss too much of a coward to fire him as the proper course of action.

Good luck Ben.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The people who voted for Ben Stewart on Feb 14th have 3 1/2 years to discover what a huge mistake they made. Perhaps during those 3 1/2 years, they will finally realize that their old Socred/BC Liberal party doesn't work for British Columbia and they need to get with the program and throw them out, once and for all.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Cactusflower wrote:The people who voted for Ben Stewart on Feb 14th have 3 1/2 years to discover what a huge mistake they made. Perhaps during those 3 1/2 years, they will finally realize that their old Socred/BC Liberal party doesn't work for British Columbia and they need to get with the program and throw them out, once and for all.

I don't know if thats going to happen. They seem to mostly just vote against parties they have long standing grudges with. No statute of limitations on bad choices for a political party I guess.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote:The people who voted for Ben Stewart on Feb 14th have 3 1/2 years to discover what a huge mistake they made. Perhaps during those 3 1/2 years, they will finally realize that their old Socred/BC Liberal party doesn't work for British Columbia and they need to get with the program and throw them out, once and for all.

It is obvious you honestly believe the NDG will provide business investment in BC that will provide good paying non public sector jobs to BC. The climate the NDG provides will allow profits to be made and taxes to flow into BC's coffers.
If I understand correctly this is done by making good sound decisions that include keeping tax rates low or competitive with other jurisdictions in Canada and the world, keep power rates low and competitive. Provide balanced budgets that instill business confidence and borrowing confidence.
I do hope the NDG take a page out of the Liberals play book to provide the climate for BC to prosper.
Unfortunately if they take a page out of the NDP play book from the 90's, we're buggered.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

I'm no fan of Ben Stewart. I have repeatedly criticised him, but he is the choice of the people. I don't have to like it, don't have to respect him, don't have to call him my representative, but it is disrespectful of the people of Kelowna-West to assume that they made this choice without knowing who he is and what he stands for. They voted for Stewart because he reflects their values and beliefs, not because he duped them.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Looks like Ben Stewart's previous efforts for the BC wine industry may have paid off:
The top markets for B.C. wine in 2016 were China (54 per cent), Taiwan (23 per cent) and the United States (11 per cent).
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#219271
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

He has proven to be a good mla. If you think that the current govt. is working for bc and not for the party and themselves, you have a lot to learn. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

rustled wrote:Looks like Ben Stewart's previous efforts for the BC wine industry may have paid off:
The top markets for B.C. wine in 2016 were China (54 per cent), Taiwan (23 per cent) and the United States (11 per cent).
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#219271

China (54%), Taiwan (23%), US (11%), AB (less than .5%) https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e37879749/
Why is Ben positioning himself with Alberta against his own province in this dispute? I wonder if it has something to do with all those CAPP contributions to the BC Liberal party in previous election campaigns?
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Cactusflower wrote:China (54%), Taiwan (23%), US (11%), AB (less than .5%) https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e37879749/
Why is Ben positioning himself with Alberta against his own province in this dispute? I wonder if it has something to do with all those CAPP contributions to the BC Liberal party in previous election campaigns?

Because its most advantageous to the Liberal party to constantly be at war with the NDP?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:China (54%), Taiwan (23%), US (11%), AB (less than .5%) https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e37879749/

More insinuation an innuendo. Shameless.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Stewart is working on behalf of his constituents, the BC wine industry, the BC economy, and British Columbians in general.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

rustled wrote:It shouldn't surprise anyone that Stewart is working on behalf of his constituents, the BC wine industry, the BC economy, and British Columbians in general.

What an odd concept. I thought the current government successes were for all of BC. Just look at it. They shuffled tax payer money from programs to their private accounts, they acted on personal agendas not actual environmental realities, they want to adjust the system to keep themselves in power, they even hired a private group from taxpayers funds to ensure they currently stay in power........

What part of that rustled doesn't sound like "For the good of all British Colombians"?

On the bright side they did cut MSP...wait that was a BCLIB item, but they balanced the budget....wait that was a BCLib budget.....interesting.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

CapitalB wrote:

Because its most advantageous to the Liberal party to constantly be at war with the NDP?

How true, especially in light of the last two comments.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Veovis wrote:
On the bright side they did cut MSP...wait that was a BCLIB item, but they balanced the budget....wait that was a BCLib budget.....interesting.

They also replaced the Pattullo Bridge...wait that was a Translink project that was just looking for the dollars, they have employed many people by...well committee people actually...or lawyers for the upcoming eco terrorist battles, etc . It will never stop while they are in power.
Ben has always wanted what's best for his riding and BC. One of the real good ones and there is not a single NDG that is even close.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “B.C.”