Ben Stewart

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ben Stewart

Post by flamingfingers »

It's just wrong that that ding-dong moron is standing in the way of it going ahead.

Exaggerate much about about Heyman's 'power'??? Don't be ludicrous.
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:
Exaggerate much about about Heyman's 'power'??? Don't be ludicrous.

I'd prefer to talk about how dangerously unqualified he is for the job he is doing. What bunch of bozos elected this bonehead in the first place?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

CapitalB wrote:Edit 2: I don't know if I'd call that conspiring with foreign interests, politicians have meetings with various foreign groups all the time. About as shady as having meetings with oil company execs which also happens pretty regularly.

What would you call a 48hr meeting, with multiple radical groups, many of which obtain their funding directly from American interests, most of whom hide their true identity behind the facade known as the Tides Foundation, yet certain names such as Rockefeller, and Koch, have been identified?

Here's an excerpt, however you might like to read everything in the link to get the gist of the corruption.......

Now comes the Tides Foundation and its recent offshoot, the Tides Center, creating a new model for grantmaking — one that strains the boundaries of U.S. tax law in the pursuit of its leftist, activist goals.

Set up in 1976 by California activist Drummond Pike, Tides does two things better than any other foundation or charity in the U.S. today: it routinely obscures the sources of its tax-exempt millions, and makes it difficult (if not impossible) to discern how the funds are actually being used.

In practice,“Tides” behaves less like a philanthropy than a money-laundering enterprise (apologies to Procter & Gamble), taking money from other foundations and spending it as the donor requires. Called donor-advised giving, this pass-through funding vehicle provides public-relations insulation for the money’s original donors. By using Tides to funnel its capital, a large public charity can indirectly fund a project with which it would prefer not to be directly identified in public. Drummond Pike has reinforced this view, telling The Chronicle of Philanthropy: “Anonymity is very important to most of the people we work with.”

https://www.activistfacts.com/organizat ... es-center/

Let me just add this CapitalB, if these philanthropists are doing altruistic things, which at first blush one would view environmental concern as, why on earth go to such extreme lengths to hide their identities?

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because it would be seen as blatantly hypocritical, for an oil industry philanthropist, to spend millions upon millions, funding radical organizations in Canada, under the guise of caring for the environment, when there isn't the slightest concern given to doubled oil production in their own backyard, as in Texas.

I doubt that would play well into the optics of their business either, particularly if it came out that the true motive, is to subvert Canadian resource development, so in reality they are getting a tax break from their own government, in order to channel funds toward sabotaging a competitor, so they can enhance their own profit margins.

Quite the scam when you think about it.
Last edited by Urban Cowboy on Feb 19th, 2018, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GB:

It's only you opinion that he is 'dangerously unqualified'.....

Your 'opinion' means squat.
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:GB:

It's only you opinion that he is 'dangerously unqualified'.....

Your 'opinion' means squat.

You forgot that it's also my opinion that Heyman is a moron.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 21st, 2018, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

But I fear we are 'dangerously' off topic, so to bring the conversation back to Ben Stewart.

His comments as reported on Castanet (see link in OP post) just toes the party line, defending Alberta instead of working for BC. Perhaps Wilkinson's BC Liberal Party should move east of the Rockies.
Chill
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

flamingfingers wrote:But I fear we are 'dangerously' off topic, so to bring the conversation back to Ben Stewart.

His comments as reported on Castanet (see link in OP post) just toes the party line, defending Alberta instead of working for BC. Perhaps Wilkinson's BC Liberal Party should move east of the Rockies.

You sure you want to go down that road, really?

Perhaps all the GreenDP's protesting the pipeline, should move to the US, given that's who's paying you for your efforts.

Maybe Ben simply deserves credit for recognizing which side of this argument he should be on, and unlike the NDP, has an aversion to shooting himself in the foot.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

flamingfingers wrote:His comments as reported on Castanet (see link in OP post) just toes the party line, defending Alberta instead of working for BC. Perhaps Wilkinson's BC Liberal Party should move east of the Rockies.

Not toe-ing the party line, the bulk of BC residents agree, a minority radical group including yourself however are fine with harming people for personal beliefs, whether those beliefs are founded or not.

You can have any faith you want, but you shouldn't hurt people with it.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 20th, 2018, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 20th, 2018, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 20th, 2018, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Old Techie wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:But I fear we are 'dangerously' off topic, so to bring the conversation back to Ben Stewart.

You sure you want to go down that road, really?

Perhaps all the GreenDP's protesting the pipeline, should move to the US, given that's who's paying you for your efforts.

Maybe Ben simply deserves credit for recognizing which side of this argument he should be on, and unlike the NDP, has an aversion to shooting himself in the foot.

Were you as outraged at the BC liberals taking millions in donations from oil and gas lobbyists through the 2010's? I wasn't on this forum then.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

CapitalB wrote:Were you as outraged at the BC liberals taking millions in donations from oil and gas lobbyists through the 2010's? I wasn't on this forum then.

Many people here wen't big fans of that either. So no.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Veovis wrote:
CapitalB wrote:Were you as outraged at the BC liberals taking millions in donations from oil and gas lobbyists through the 2010's? I wasn't on this forum then.

Many people here wen't big fans of that either. So no.

I honestly don't think anybody is a fan of our politicians and their donations. I however think donations coming in from the enviro groups while unpleasant come with less strings attached than donations coming from the various industry lobbyists. The industry lobbyists actively work with the politicians on a regular basis, they are often directly involved in policy talks. The protesters give their (which is rather piddly in comparison to the huge amounts the industry lobbyists drop) money and are pretty much out of the process after that. I'm sure promises are made on both sides but its easier to break a $100,000 promise than it is to break a reoccuring multi million dollar promise, and again the protesters aren't working that closely with our officials.

Edit Heyman potentially giving insider info to some enviro groups make this look a bit silly. Other than that though ... hahaha.. stupid politicians just can't get their crap together
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

Return to “B.C.”