Buddha of the Board

Re: Budget 2018

Post by Urbane »

BCUC take a couple of shots at the NDP government:

Rob Shaw

Verified account

@robshaw_vansun
Follow Follow @robshaw_vansun

.@BCUtilitiesCom takes a couple of shots at the NDPgov in its ruling, noting that if the government wanted rates to go down it could forgo its return on investment from BCHydro. Instead, it is forcing Hydro to defer the costs to ratepayers.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Drip_Torch wrote:Perhaps you don't understand the problem?

For many people in British Columbia a three percent rate hike from BC Hydro is going to cause a hardship. Too bad the BC liberals left the utility in such a mess with their budget balancing (looting), IPP's and Site C commitments, but that's what we're left with.

Despite the best of intentions on the part of the BC NDP, it seems the BC Utilities Commission has turned down the rate freeze.

Blame Premier Horgan and the NDP for trying, or blame the folks that squandered a legacy over the last 16 years? I know, but the 1990's blah, blah, blah...
You sure about Horgan's intentions? From January:

Count B.C. Premier John Horgan among the people who are skeptical as to how much a rate freeze at BC Hydro will make life more affordable for British Columbians.

That’s what he indicated on Tuesday, weeks before the B.C. Utilities Commission (BCUC) decides whether to approve a rate freeze at the power authority.

“I am now more convinced than ever that the better course of action on affordability is not blanket reduction or freezes, but targeted to those that can best benefit from relief in this area,” Horgan said.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3969642/john ... te-freeze/
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

It really surprises me but every now and then Horgan blurts out something that makes me wonder if he might have a bit of a brain hidden in there somewhere and just keeps it well hidden. Too bad he wouldn't quit thinking about himself and start thinking about BC and Canada.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Smurf wrote:It really surprises me but every now and then Horgan blurts out something that makes me wonder if he might have a bit of a brain hidden in there somewhere and just keeps it well hidden. Too bad he wouldn't quit thinking about himself and start thinking about BC and Canada.

lol, you see I don't think the man is outright a moron in reality, but he just likes to cave to the slightest peer pressure of trends or comments without any thought to it.

It is qualities not of a leader, but in a party based on union origins the concept of "I've been here the longest so I get to be boss now" has always trumped reason or qualities.

All he does now is try to once in a while state something the Liberals would have done and it lands in the realm of not completely foolish.

Return to “B.C.”