Todd Stone gets it wrong - again!!

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Todd Stone gets it wrong - again!!

Post by flamingfingers »

Don't they currently pay their employees' MSP?

I believe their figures need to be investigated.

But no one has ventured to explain Todd Stone's misguided statement in the Leg.

Why?
Chill
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:Todd Stone isn't happy about this and he's not wrong to be unhappy (trying to stay on topic here!):

shane woodford

@WoodfordCHNL
Feb 23
More
New #BCGov health payroll tax will wipe out @Kamloops_SD73 savings on #MSP phase out and rack up an even bigger budget hit. http://goo.gl/uPZmpc #Kamloops #bcpoli #bced

It sounds like some unintended consequences of the new tax are coming to light!

In view of that revelation, Stone is right in being concerned, regardless of decimal point placement, and it's going to be interesting to see how the government addresses this, given it affects that sacred cow education. Look for the BCTF to react.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

flamingfingers wrote:mike wrote:

BS,,,,,,,,,,,,,I work for an incredible company, the employees drive out the dead wood here. there is only one taxpayer, that's us,,...you and I. It's going to affect wages, a company has a certain percentage of gross with which to pay wages, if you increase the payroll burden (EI, WCB, RSP, etc) there is less left in that pot for the employee. That would be your reality check, but the NDPG do not have the mental wherewithal to understand the implications of their own policies, they paid no attention at all in the last 16 years of opposition, they have no clue, and that is very clear.

I am so glad for you that you work for an 'incredible company' .

But have you really considered that their 'bottom line' or 'pot' as you describe it, depends on the wages they pay you?? The deductions (EI, WCB, RSP contributions & etc) are all calculated into your WAGE. If your incredible company did not have to pay these benefits, your wage would be greater. But if you had to pay these on your own, I doubt you would even consider it, so thankfully government sets these compulsory payments - for your own good and welfare.

Wrong again, you just can;t comprehend what a good employer is, likely because your kind like to corner them and negotiate in questionable faith ( I understand well, I was a Steelworker and Carpenter Joiner in my early years, I guess I forgot to point out that if the gross take increases everyone gets a piece of it (that would be a bonus)
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:Don't they currently pay their employees' MSP?

I believe their figures need to be investigated.

But no one has ventured to explain Todd Stone's misguided statement in the Leg.

Why?

“Effectively there is some initial savings when we reduce MSP premiums by one half, but once the employer health tax premiums kick in, it will actually start costing the district more money. Eventually in 2021, the district will be paying 250 thousand dollars a year more than we currently pay.”

It will cost the city of Kamloops more than two hundred thousand dollars a year, if the provisions in the budget come into law.

Maybe try the math yourself. What do you think their payroll is?

Plenty of people have ventured to explain Todd Stone's misguided statement in the legislature, but so far we're only speculating. Pretty likely that however you shake it out: he made a mistake. (OMG!!! Gasp! This means.... he's human!)
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Plenty of people have ventured to explain Todd Stone's misguided statement in the legislature, but so far we're only speculating. Pretty likely that however you shake it out: he made a mistake. (OMG!!! Gasp! This means.... he's human!)

A pretty stupid human considering what he has done with the ICBC file.. but I can excuse you seeing as you cannot even consider the BC Liberals having done nothing wrong. Carry on.
Chill
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:

A pretty stupid human considering what he has done with the ICBC file.. but I can excuse you seeing as you cannot even consider the BC Liberals having done nothing wrong. Carry on.

Oh, please. If you haven't ever seen me complain about the BC Liberals, you haven't been paying attention.

Carry on. Todd Stone: got this wrong. Fer sher.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “B.C.”