46 Suffering Dogs Seized - Feb 26, 2018

14Karma

46 Suffering Dogs Seized - Feb 26, 2018

Post by 14Karma »

.....Sometimes I am embarrassed to be part of the human race....When I read articles like this I just want to cry.

There has to be a way to stop this, perhaps a start would be to have our 'best friend' not be designated as 'property' by the Government. I honestly don't know where to start, but will begin to search..

(Sorry, still new to the forums and can't figure out how to attach the article or the link)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 46 Suffering Dogs Seized - Feb 26, 2018

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/219791 ... ogs-seized

Absolutely sickening, throw the book at these people (maybe add brick to that book).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Forget throwing the book at them. Treat them the way they treated the dogs ... no shelter, poor sanitation and inadequate medical care.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Post by blue iguana »

The article states that it was dogs and puppies. Is this ANOTHER unethical breeder?

One of the fastest ways to affect the highest number of animals is to change legislation. The changes should be about unethical breeding and not harming the reputable breeders making the cost of well-bred puppies out of everyone’s reach. Good breeders are not the problem. Breeding and reselling is entirely unregulated, turning it into a source of undeclared income and leading to over-population and abuse. New laws, public awareness and compassion will help end the suffering of the voiceless. Classified ads and online sites offering ‘Pets For Sale’ should be banned as they are not capable of distinguishing between the responsible breeders and those simply profiting from irresponsible breeding. Puppy mills will continue to exist as long as people continue to buy from from questionable sources. It comes down to supply and demand.

We must call on our elected officials to ban puppy (animal) mills and hold irresponsible breeders and owners accountable. We need to be pack leaders and educate ourselves, teach the young, and be a part of the solution, not part of the problem. A dog is ‘man’s best friend’…but, are we a dog’s best friend?

Return to “B.C.”