Fraser Institute weighs in on PR

d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Fraser Institute weighs in on PR

Post by d0nb »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I got this picture off of one of my $100 bills I have at home. I am hoarding them as I know it won't be long until Selfie Boy replaces him on the $100 with Sheila Copps.

Only if she bombs his official photo. Vanity, thy name is Justin. :smt045
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Omnitheo wrote:That’s the problem with CBC “requiring real names”. Nobody actually uses one. I mean it’s easy to anonymously shout your controversial opinions into the ether. But who wants to face the repercussions of their opinions?

Indeed. Forces one to consider the consequences of what one promotes and opposes on social media, and all that.

The FI has it right this time. (Little pun there.)
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Omnitheo wrote:99.5% of eligible voters are not as stupid as you believe them to be.

Just because you find it hard to understand something doesn’t mean everyone else is the same.

I would beg to differ and you might also if you actually read the synopsis of the 5 different options presented for the survey. I have had the benefit of Masters degree education in business and finance. I can understand the the options but it actually took me considerable effort to truly understand some of the options presented. I actually bothered to do so. Did you?
And what I learned is that 99.5% of eligible voters would not bother with the exercise of becoming informed about each option but would rather end up "eyes glazed over" in not understanding. This whole Proportional Rep thing depends on people not understanding but instead being sold a story about being under represented. And that is the Horgan/Weaver game plan. Suck in the gullible to secure their snouts in the trough and deliver ineffective gov't forever.
I'll throw this challenge out to you. How about you put in lay terms just exactly how the five different PR options as presented would work to 50% of the population that are more concerned with the PVR box recording their favorite TV shows that do not include a news channel. For lords sake.....50% of the voters probably could not even name more than 3 of their current City, Municipal, or Regional District reps! And you think they will understand PR?
So lay out how all the PR systems work for the PVR population or become a member of the 99.5%.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”