Librarian kicker found

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Librarian kicker found

Post by rustled »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2018, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
wisdom01

Post by wisdom01 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2018, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
abraham
Fledgling

Post by abraham »

LANDM wrote:I watched this video and am amazed at how Trumpian some are......"I would have jumped in and tackled the guy!" Etc.
This happened *far* quicker than most assaults, given that the guy turned and ran immediately. This isn’t exactly an anticipatable situation so the armchair tacklers are just that......armchair heroes.
It’s ok to be shocked when someone does something shocking.

“Trumpian”,”armchair tacklers” and “armchair hero’s” hey??? So what your saying is your just too afraid of even attempting to apprehend the attacker because your in “shock”? Believe it or not there are plenty of people(myself included) who don’t get affected by “shock” as easy as you and would at least make a attempt to subdue that fool, even if he got away! I would be so enraged and angry from what I just witnessed! Guess that would make me one of your so called “armchair hero’s”?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

abraham wrote:
LANDM wrote:I watched this video and am amazed at how Trumpian some are......"I would have jumped in and tackled the guy!" Etc.
This happened *far* quicker than most assaults, given that the guy turned and ran immediately. This isn’t exactly an anticipatable situation so the armchair tacklers are just that......armchair heroes.
It’s ok to be shocked when someone does something shocking.

“Trumpian”,”armchair tacklers” and “armchair hero’s” hey??? So what your saying is your just too afraid of even attempting to apprehend the attacker because your in “shock”? Believe it or not there are plenty of people(myself included) who don’t get affected by “shock” as easy as you and would at least make a attempt to subdue that fool, even if he got away! I would be so enraged and angry from what I just witnessed! Guess that would make me one of your so called “armchair hero’s”?

This isn’t about me or what I would have or wouldn’t have done. This is a perfect example of the other topic that’s someone started about a straw man argument......"so what you are saying is your (sp) just too afraid..."

Where did I say that? C’mon, point it out.
What I was saying, precisely, since you have some difficulties here, is that I watched the video and interpreted the speed at which the event happened as such that it was a reasonable factor for people not being able to react in time. Moreover, it appeared, from my interpretation, that the location and situation didn’t look like someone would reasonably expect this to happen.
So yeah, I have a chuckle when people go into the "I would have magically leapt into action and beat the crap out of the guy" while sitting at their computer never having been in that situation. Just like Trump said he would have run into the school without a gun when the Florida shooting was happening...right....sure.

So yes, this does, precisely, make you one of the "armchair tacklers" that I referred to. Sitting there at your keyboard claiming heroics when you have never been in that situation and looking at the speed at which the event happened and at which the perpetrator fled the scene, I don’t find the situation all that surprising. Additionally, most people’s concern would be for the victim and that is exactly what I witnessed on the video.

But yeah, you aren’t surprised by anything and are ready for action at all times.....good for you. I feel much safer walking the streets now. [icon_lol2.gif] :up:
You and 71 others Like this post
wisdom01

Post by wisdom01 »

LANDM wrote:......"so what you are saying is your (sp) just too afraid..."
:up:

So if someone had of reacted appropriately, grabbed this whackjob and held him for police everyone would be calling him a hero ... most "heros" when interviewed on TV say they just did what was right.

I'm sorry for you that you don't have the reaction speed to recognize what happened and physically react in time ... I guess that's why there are victims in this world.

I for one choose to react and try to be helpful in situations like this ... if it was your Mom you would be thankful someone did.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

wisdom01 wrote:
LANDM wrote:......"so what you are saying is your (sp) just too afraid..."
:up:

So if someone had of reacted appropriately, grabbed this whackjob and held him for police everyone would be calling him a hero ... most "heros" when interviewed on TV say they just did what was right.

I'm sorry for you that you don't have the reaction speed to recognize what happened and physically react in time ... I guess that's why there are victims in this world.

I for one choose to react and try to be helpful in situations like this ... if it was your Mom you would be thankful someone did.

Once again....since you too haven’t read or understood what I said.....it is not about me. I don’t see why you are trying to make it about me.
I was not there, and I have not said or claimed what I would do. I just don’t see the point of ripping apart the people who *were* there while claiming, from the safety of their anonymous keyboards, that they would somehow spring into action on this case.

Of course someone would be hailed as an appropriate Good Samaritan if they did that. However, nobody did and they don’t deserve to be criticized when, as the video shows, it happened very quickly and guy ran away rapidly.

I’m sure your mom is very proud of you and your virtual heroics. My mother is dead so I don’t have to worry about what she would think in a situation that I am not in and have never claimed how I would react. :135:
You and 71 others Like this post
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

alanjh595 wrote:Which is the same potential charge that a good sumaritan could face if they were to attack an escaping suspect.

The laws are more in favour of the criminals than they are for the victims.

Depends what you mean by attack. Run him down and restrain him, no charges. You did nothing wrong.

Run him down and beat him unconscious so he wouldn't get away, yeah that's assault.

If you're going to use force, you need to be able to justify it.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Well JayByrd, you have an excellent idea, run him down. I got this truck.
It looks to me like this took place quickly and people were surprised. Anyone there would be expected to help if they could. If possible I would have chosen to step between them and take the kick or helped Granny after she got kicked. To catch this guy is the Cops job, and they did it. Now we will see if the system takes steps to assure public safety.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “B.C.”