Librarian kicker found

Re: Librarian kicker found

Postby alanjh595 » Mar 3rd, 2018, 2:25 pm

There should be a criminal charge for "Kick and Run".
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3322 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 3rd, 2018, 3:08 pm

alanjh595 wrote:There should be a criminal charge for "Kick and Run".

There is its called assault
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

Queen K likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7319 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby alanjh595 » Mar 3rd, 2018, 3:51 pm

GordonH wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:There should be a criminal charge for "Kick and Run".

There is its called assault

Which is the same potential charge that a good sumaritan could face if they were to attack an escaping suspect.

The laws are more in favour of the criminals than they are for the victims.

wisdom01 likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Postby wisdom01 » Mar 4th, 2018, 11:52 am

alanjh595 wrote:
Which is the same potential charge that a good sumaritan could face if they were to attack an escaping suspect.

The laws are more in favour of the criminals than they are for the victims.

Yes, unfortunately you are right ... in this uber politically correct country we live in we spend 95% of our social capital on 5% of the population ... and give them more "rights" than the rest of us normal, responsible, law abiding citizens.

A sad state of affairs and I'm not sure what catastrophic event will have to happen to change that.
wisdom01

Liked in: 113 posts

Postby mexi cali » Mar 4th, 2018, 3:10 pm

If a bystander had chased him and caught him and kept him in place till the police arrived, there would be no trouble for the Samaritan. Assuming of course that they don't do him unnecessary harm.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

GordonH likes this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3506 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Mar 4th, 2018, 4:14 pm

mexi cali wrote:If a bystander had chased him and caught him and kept him in place till the police arrived, there would be no trouble for the Samaritan. Assuming of course that they don't do him unnecessary harm.

BUT...if he squealed like a stuck pig, he could sue on the grounds of either "excessive force" or "assault". He was running AWAY and posed no further harm. He could have received a big payout from the good samaritan. Best to just let him go and let the police handle the matter.
alanjh595
Guru

Postby LANDM » Mar 4th, 2018, 4:34 pm

I watched this video and am amazed at how Trumpian some are......"I would have jumped in and tackled the guy!" Etc.
This happened *far* quicker than most assaults, given that the guy turned and ran immediately. This isn’t exactly an anticipatable situation so the armchair tacklers are just that......armchair heroes.
It’s ok to be shocked when someone does something shocking.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 3206 posts

Postby Jhunter199 » Mar 4th, 2018, 5:19 pm

I think most, as myself the first time I seen the video, were shocked, stunned, and really having that "what did I just witness" moment.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Liked in: 343 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Mar 4th, 2018, 5:34 pm

Jhunter199 wrote:I think most, as myself the first time I seen the video, were shocked, stunned, and really having that "what did I just witness" moment.

My 1st instinct would be to call 911.
alanjh595
Guru

Postby wisdom01 » Mar 4th, 2018, 6:15 pm

LANDM wrote:I watched this video and am amazed at how Trumpian some are......"I would have jumped in and tackled the guy!" Etc.
This happened *far* quicker than most assaults, given that the guy turned and ran immediately. This isn’t exactly an anticipatable situation so the armchair tacklers are just that......armchair heroes.
It’s ok to be shocked when someone does something shocking.

I guess I am Trunmpian then ... in all seriousness I'm just a regular middle aged guy and quick enough on the draw to realize that what was going on was wrong in the extreme and at least try and grab the dude, chase him at a minimum so the cops can grab him ... not stand there like a cow in the field and let it all happen as everyone there did ... sad ...

Just say'n ...
wisdom01

Postby JagXKR » Mar 4th, 2018, 6:18 pm

I would not have tackled him. I would have run after him and kept in sight while on the phone with 911. If anyone thinks he was "fast" you need to lose weight. I'm out of shape and could have easily kept up with him. I've never understood why everyone stays and helps the victim. There were more than enough there to do that.
And yes I have done something similar a few years back. The criminal never knew I was following and the police got him. Not an assault, theft under (something, don't remember), but I was never in danger and it was easy.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

2 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1004 posts

Postby wisdom01 » Mar 4th, 2018, 6:45 pm

JagXKR wrote:I would not have tackled him. I would have run after him and kept in sight while on the phone with 911. If anyone thinks he was "fast" you need to lose weight. I'm out of shape and could have easily kept up with him. I've never understood why everyone stays and helps the victim. There were more than enough there to do that.
And yes I have done something similar a few years back. The criminal never knew I was following and the police got him. Not an assault, theft under (something, don't remember), but I was never in danger and it was easy.

Awesome, couldn't agree more. Good on you for the good citizenship.

Merry likes this post.
wisdom01

Postby the truth » Mar 5th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Queen K wrote:I'm thinking the bald guy is a social worker, that's why he didn't run after his client.

Can't think of any other reason.

i expect nothing less from a social worker
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5979 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Mar 5th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Things could have turned out very badly for the good samaritan. The suspect has already shown that he was prone to violence and obviously doesn't care about who he attacks, regardless of age or physical threat level. (The librarian was of 0/10 physical threat level).
The bystanders/witnesses had made a split-second decision to avoid the suspect with well founded reasons.
Nothing would have been accomplished by detaining the suspect, as the suspect was later arrested by the police.
The threat of further harm left when the suspect ran away.

The best outcome was the one that actually occurred, the victim may have been hurt, but not killed, the assailant was arrested, and nobody else was injured or damaged during this event.
alanjh595
Guru

Postby abraham » Mar 7th, 2018, 12:54 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2018, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack

wisdom01 likes this post.
abraham

Liked in: 43 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.