Kinder Morgan protestors

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Looks like the Tides Foundation is funding another assault on KM, using gullible morons in Vancouver (which seem to be in plentiful supply):

Metro Vancouver opponents of Kinder Morgan's Trans Mountain pipeline expansion believe their protests could cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars, if they can impede the project for just three more weeks.

Demonstrators say trees must be cut on Burnaby Mountain in advance of drilling for the pipeline tunnel, and they say if they can halt the logging until March 26, protections for migratory birds will take effect, preventing any cutting until August.
They believe the delay could cost Kinder Morgan about half-a-billion dollars and say they are ready to be arrested in order to achieve their goal.

The Trans Mountain pipeline has federal approval for expansion, tripling its capacity to carry bitumen and other oil products from the Edmonton-area to port in Burnaby, where an expanded tanker facility will load vessels for offshore shipment.

This was on Castanet.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Veovis
Guru

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by Veovis »

KM is a big enough company, as each one is arrested why not add a lawsuit to them for actual damages. Little Susie nothing to do might not be allowed out as much when her husband gets a 25,000 lawsuit in the mail from his wife's hobbies.

They aren't out there protesting anything factual, just emotional morality, and pride in doing real damage to people and jobs since after all they can "save the world" from their expensive homes someone else paid for.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

If they do end up costing KM $500 million, I'd like to see that bill go straight to George Soros.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Hopefully when this group of hypocrites gets together they remember "hydration" is very important, especially when you are screaming your yaps off for a morning. Hopefully one of them brings the "Jimmy Jones" cool-aid to aid in this. Oh, I hear MEC has a deal on Camelback hydration packs and they will work well with your beverage. Price drop on them since another bunch of nutcase do-gooders are protesting them.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I'd just like to know how it's legal in Canada for a tiny group of insane brain-washed People to cost our economy $500 million with no repercussions. There has to be something that the rest of us can do to stop this nonsense, and stop these anarchists from ruining our economy.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I'd just like to know how it's legal in Canada for a tiny group of insane brain-washed People to cost our economy $500 million with no repercussions. There has to be something that the rest of us can do to stop this nonsense, and stop these anarchists from ruining our economy.

Shoot em on site.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Looks like the Tides Foundation is funding another assault on KM, using gullible morons in Vancouver (which seem to be in plentiful supply):

Metro Vancouver opponents of Kinder Morgan's Trans Mountain pipeline expansion believe their protests could cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars, if they can impede the project for just three more weeks.

Demonstrators say trees must be cut on Burnaby Mountain in advance of drilling for the pipeline tunnel, and they say if they can halt the logging until March 26, protections for migratory birds will take effect, preventing any cutting until August.
They believe the delay could cost Kinder Morgan about half-a-billion dollars and say they are ready to be arrested in order to achieve their goal.

The Trans Mountain pipeline has federal approval for expansion, tripling its capacity to carry bitumen and other oil products from the Edmonton-area to port in Burnaby, where an expanded tanker facility will load vessels for offshore shipment.

This was on Castanet.

Pity these losers are too dumb, to figure out how Kinder Morgan will recoup, these extra costs they are racking up.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I understand disagreeing with, and protesting. The right to speak up in disagreement with something is a great part of this country.....HOWEVER, there is a large difference between protesting....and what these people are doing. It is not protesting and needs to be treated as such.

I could state I dislike Walmart, but if I got a group together and blocked their entrances so people couldn't get in and yelled that "WALMARTISEVIL" all day and that I hoped to cost Walmart 500 million by doing so, I would be efficiently removed.

This should have been ended before it even began, but it's trendy to hate things they use every day so....we get this nonsense.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

"I'd just like to know how it's legal in Canada for a tiny group of insane brain-washed People to cost our economy $500 million with no repercussions. There has to be something that the rest of us can do to stop this nonsense, and stop these anarchists from ruining our economy"
Gee Greenie for a moment there I thought you were speaking about our Parliament and Senate.
They have to right to protest, doubt they will rake up 500 million worth damage to km tho
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

I'm sure KM will make that up in tax breaks inside the quarter.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:I'm sure KM will make that up in tax breaks inside the quarter.

you're sure of that are you? Interesting.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote:They have to right to protest, doubt they will rake up 500 million worth damage to km tho

I am not saying they don't have the right to protest. What I don't get is that they don't have the right to cost our economy $500 million. If this same group were planning on detonating Kinder Morgan's $500 million office complex in downtown Vancouver, would they just be allowed to do that? If it was because they were protesting?
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I'd just like to know how it's legal in Canada for a tiny group of insane brain-washed People to cost our economy $500 million with no repercussions. There has to be something that the rest of us can do to stop this nonsense, and stop these anarchists from ruining our economy.

All it takes is for a couple protesters to start getting pushy or abusive and the protest is no longer legal.
http://constitutional.findlaw.ca/articl ... d-the-law/
I’d imagine just the act of someone innocently sharpening or tuning their chainsaw on the tailgate of a pickup would drive some of the protesters off the deep end. On this forum it’s often called baiting..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

CapitalB wrote:I'm sure KM will make that up in tax breaks inside the quarter.

And if they did, guess who pays for that.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Methinks we need to distinguish between those who wish to legitimately and respectfully protest and the anarchists who just turn up at every protest to cause trouble.

I talked about heading up to protest the NGP if it ever got going, because that one was really a stinker proposal. Would I pull stunts like chaining myself to a tree? No. The purpose of protest is to show politicians and others the level of dissatisfaction.

Unfortunately, protesting has become an excuse for vandalism and a way for anarchists to act out. IF I had gone up to protest the NGP and I saw one of the anarchist permanent protestors commit an act of vandalism, I would have gladly offered to serve as witness for the crown.

Protesting as a democratic expression is fine, and constructive.

The organized vandalism of the Bowen Island gang that Heyman consorts with is criminal - it is both anti-democratic and purely destructive. IF something untoward comes of that bunch's efforts, I would like to see them charged with incitement/conspiracy - possibly including George Heyman.

George Heyman tried to make "innocent" of his going to meet with those folks. Nonsense - those are George Heyman's "people". IF something untoward comes from the activities of that group - then Heyman should go down with them - although I believe he should be fired right now.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”