Kinder Morgan protestors

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Hurtlander wrote:Sure, but instead of blaming the BCTF as has been suggested in previous comments, perhaps the 19 year old in question was talked into her civil disobedience by her grandparents....most of the protesters look like they escaped from a seniors facility for old hippies.

I would hope that these old people wouldn't wish their horrible lives on their grandkids, and suck them down into the abyss of nuttery with them, but unfortunately you may be right on this.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Most Canadians and BCers fully support, or lean toward supporting the pipeline expansion, understanding the immediate and short-term consequences if it does not go through. The concern should only be about ensuring the entire project is done with the strictest expectations. The protestors are holding the rest of the province hostage, and the negative consequences in both the short and long term will be significant. Arrest them all and take down the camp. Lets get this pipeline built!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Abyss of Nuttery would make a good band name.Good to see seniors doing something other than protest abortion outside the Hospital.
Starting Monday the Protesters calling for more front liners, I think they will get them
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

normaM wrote: Good to see seniors doing something other than protest abortion outside the Hospital.

There is that :D
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

350.org.. I think they are fighting a good fight. You can make donations on their website. Thought Greenie would want to know ;/
My am I all alone here supporting the Protest? oh well, not the first time
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

normaM wrote:I'm leaning towards the Against side. The silent majority doesn't have to remain silent.. if you passionate about the issue then of course show up to support it, or send letters, etc.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/br ... e35043172/

Just so you know, that G&M presentation is inaccurate. It was taken from the no side presentations.

For example: if you look into it, you will actually find that the total number of tankers operating in the Salish sea waters will only double, not increase seven fold. The seven fold increase is only accurate for the Burrard inlet portion of the route.

Add to that: there has never been a tanker spill in BC waters, despite thousands of tankers passing through Juan De Fuca and BC specific waters. Why is that? Because appropriate steps have been taken to properly control the tanker traffic through a robust marine safety regime. That regime includes a requirement that all tankers be double hull construction. No first world country has had a tanker spill since the double hull tankers were phased in as mandatory this century.

Is Canada good at this tanker safety as other first world countries have become? Yup. Thousands of tankers in and out of the Gulf of St. Lawrence every year - zero incidents.

There has not been tanker spill on the west coast since the Exxon Valdez, which is why the green anarchists always have to dredge up that example. Navigation and control systems, safety systems, double hulls all came after that. The greenies would have you believe that tankers and safety have not evolved - they have. Think about the advances in computers, GPS systems, and the overall cultural improvements in safety awareness since 1989. Would you still use one of the big clunker cellphones from 1989 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWz-9Nn_lI or drive this: https://jalopnik.com/for-2-999-is-this-1987-yugo-gv-better-than-no-va-1673796236 ?

That's what the greenies try to portray. That tankers are as unsafe as the old single hull specials of the last century. It just isn't so.

What does NOT get mentioned is that in terms of total traffic tankers are a small portion of the marine traffic. The largest segment of the traffic is container ships, which are just as large as oil tankers, and can be carrying as much as 17 million liters of oil... almost as much as ww2 oil tankers... as fuel. Those container ships are generally single hull, just as big as oil tankers, and not subject to the same safely regimes as oil tankers - yet there have been no problems.

That lack of problems with all those container ships just shows that:

1) the route is safe
2) the overall marine regimen is PDG.
3) the "there will be a spill" hysteria is just that, a "chicken little" from green anarchist propaganda.

This https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSCL_Globe is about the same size as the largest tanker that will be used.

There will be approximately 3,300 vessels going into the port of Vancouver this year, and many will be the large container ships. Adding 300 tanker sailings is not all that significant, especially when you consider that in terms of risk, the vast majority of those 3,300 ships are single hulled.

Never mind that the marine safety regime is being beefed up significantly as part of the overall TMX program - the feds are even adding salvage tug capacity, something we have never had on the west coast, and will be extra protection for ALL of those 3,300 ships.

The greenies agenda is essentially to try to shut down the oil sands, although the background intent of their US funders is to ensure that oil sands products must go through the US (so they can steal the benefits).

Canada can not afford either. Without the oil sands, our health care funding etc. would collapse, and unemployment would skyrocket. If we want to both improve our social programs and transition our economy away from fossil fuels, then we need the oil sands in the short and medium term to pay for the transition. Better we in Canada have more oil sands $$$ to pay for improvements than to allow the American interests to steal them.

As an aside, those same interests and greenies would be pulling the same kind of stunts if we were to try to build a new generation nuclear power plant ... yet if you look at it dispassionately, the way forward in transitioning away from fossil fuels must include a significant nuclear component. Those same greenies were primary propagandists against site C - renewable energy.

The greenies we see today are nowhere near altruistic, yes they manage to convince well meaning honest citizens with their constant propaganda, but the ones getting paid, yes paid, to do this are not altruistic - they make their living off it, and they are paid largely by "dark money" out of the US. Of course some are just anarchists that want to "burn it all down".

Facts and reason do support the protests we are seeing. Well meaning folks are being misled.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Ka-El wrote:Most Canadians and BCers fully support, or lean toward supporting the pipeline expansion, understanding the immediate and short-term consequences if it does not go through. The concern should only be about ensuring the entire project is done with the strictest expectations. The protestors are holding the rest of the province hostage, and the negative consequences in both the short and long term will be significant. Arrest them all and take down the camp. Lets get this pipeline built!

wf [icon_lol2.gif] i agree with you 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Time for these hypocrites to include the "frail" on crutches and mobility devices to try to draw more sympathy and hoping the police will let them be.

Ohhhh........hold on........"frail" can also be of mental instability.........BINGO!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

well Hobbyguy - why would the Greenies want health care services to collapse?
I am not a fan of KM and to me just another American company on my country's soil ( and water in this case)
One spill should have never happened
It will prolly go - protests or not. Unless of course the Courts decide to award the land back to the original owners
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote:Starting Monday the Protesters calling for more front liners, I think they will get them

There are more lunatic old people they can call on? Good! Just make sure they can keep their grandkids out of it, and let them have the futures they deserve, free from bad and evil counsel to do something stupid that gets them arrested.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote:350.org.. I think they are fighting a good fight. You can make donations on their website. Thought Greenie would want to know ;/

So Norma, if I give money to these ding-bats, what exactly am I supporting? What is the alternative "solution" these people are providing me? There has to be something more to this than just NOOOOOOOOOOOO. That isn't an alternative, it's just dogma, and failed dogma at that.

My am I all alone here supporting the Protest? oh well, not the first time

Because this is silly. Just silly. There are so many other better things to be advocating and fighting for. This is just such a giant waste of time and energy. It's silly. These protestors should be ashamed of themselves. If you have this much free time on your hands, go do something that is actually helping society. There's so much to do people, and this isn't it.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

But I don't think the Protest is silly. People are of course entitled to have opinions, even opinions that ( gasp) are not yours
There will prolly be lots of kids - it is Spring Break.
Maybe KM is using the protest as a learning experience
"The Kinder Morgan Foundation believes that today's youth are tomorrow's leaders, and our mission is to provide them with opportunities to learn and grow. "
Off to try and do something in the yard - sigh. We should hold a KM Protesters GTG. be fun to discuss in person rather than just typing. I speak better than I type. ( surrrrrrrree)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote:There will prolly be lots of kids - it is Spring Break.

I would hope not. It's always heart-breaking to see kids being indoctrinated into something as insanely stupid as a KM protest, by evil forces filling their heads with crap.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

The Green Barbarian wrote:would hope not. It's always heart-breaking to see kids being indoctrinated into something as insanely stupid as a KM protest, by evil forces filling their heads with crap.
:up:

And then Weaver wants to give this lot the vote....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

normaM wrote:well Hobbyguy - why would the Greenies want health care services to collapse?
I am not a fan of KM and to me just another American company on my country's soil ( and water in this case)
One spill should have never happened
It will prolly go - protests or not. Unless of course the Courts decide to award the land back to the original owners

We are ALL Canadians.

There has never been a tanker spill in BC waters.

The green anarchists don't care about health care, or anything else, they just want to "burn it down". That's what anarchists do. The Vancouver group have their roots in the old Vancouver Yippies. All the want to do is monkey wrench. They have no positive agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_environmentalism#/media/File:Earthfirstmonkeywrench.png
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”