Dog dies of neglect

Dog dies of neglect

Postby W105 » Mar 7th, 2018, 1:58 pm

my god...who could do this to an animal ?? I would have no problem torturing these 2 disgusting "so called" human beings...

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/220515 ... of-neglect

10 people like this post.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3037 posts

Re: Dog dies of neglect

Postby ferri » Mar 7th, 2018, 1:59 pm

I hope they get the maximum sentence and have to pay the vet bill on top of a nice big fine. This just makes me sick.
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

10 people like this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9044 posts

Postby wisdom01 » Mar 7th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Sadly the thieving junkie downtown has more rights that this defenseless dog ... abuser will get slap on the wrist because he stubbed his toe once and his Mom scolded him as a child ... sad ...

2 people like this post.
wisdom01

Liked in: 113 posts

Postby the truth » Mar 7th, 2018, 2:37 pm

W105 wrote:my god...who could do this to an animal ?? I would have no problem torturing these 2 disgusting "so called" human beings...

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/220515 ... of-neglect

x2
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5976 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 7th, 2018, 2:47 pm

ferri wrote:I hope they get the maximum sentence and have to pay the vet bill on top of a nice big fine. This just makes me sick.

Lock them up, then inform them they are responsible for their own food needs..... see how long they last....... as :cuss: holes
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

4 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7318 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby motokelowna1 » Mar 7th, 2018, 3:36 pm

Can you do the same to them OH I forgot we are humans....
motokelowna1
Fledgling

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby Jake70 » Mar 7th, 2018, 3:59 pm

they should get 5 yrs easy. but some lazy prosecutor will just make deal with them so they won't have to go court and like do their job. probation and $200 fine. that will learn ya
Jake70

Liked in: 30 posts

Postby normaM » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:25 pm

So horrifying. I know they will burn in Hell but they better get jail time
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey

ferri likes this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2843 posts

Postby blue iguana » Mar 7th, 2018, 5:11 pm

There is a proven link between animal cruelty and human violence. We must focus more attention on those who abuse animals to prevent them from escalating to crimes against people. They have no empathy and only see the world as what it’s going to do for them. https://ipolitics.ca/article/making-lin ... man-abuse/

The responsibility must be placed where it belongs for the problem to ever change. We must call on our elected officials to tighten regulations. Offences against animals in the Criminal Code of Canada have not been substantively changed since 1892, aside from an increase in some penalties.

If the suffering of animals that live horrible lives and die in unimaginable ways doesn’t motivate you to speak up, sign petitions, and help out animals in some way, then you have to remember that you are responsible for what you don’t do. Please report animal cruelty. You may be saving someone from abuse!

alishaklassen likes this post.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Liked in: 182 posts

Postby normaM » Mar 7th, 2018, 6:21 pm

so damn upset I could pull the trigger.
Unfukspeakable
like to collar the " owners" Heartbreaking and as a dog lover will hound the damn Judge they get off lightly
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey

4 people like this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2843 posts

Postby alishaklassen » Mar 7th, 2018, 9:35 pm

I second most of the responses to this article. I didn't make it through the article without crying. This is so disgusting. I can't even imagine what the poor pup went through. It makes me physically ill to think of him suffering and unloved. I dont understand how people can do this to an animal. It's so sad. I hope they are punished to the full extent and I hope anyone who knows them puts them in their place, preferably tied to a post in a pile of sh*t.

4 people like this post.
alishaklassen

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby Jlabute » Mar 8th, 2018, 10:01 am

With the collar being as tight as it was and cutting in to the neck, one could think this was intentional torture. It is so sickening to know there are people who can treat an animal in this manner. If you don't have money, give the dog to the SPCA. There are so many ways to avoid such a tragedy. The only excuse for not caring to a dogs needs would be the owners have died. They should be banned from owning an animal, and probably from having kids too.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.

2 people like this post.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 1070 posts

Postby Muzza » Mar 8th, 2018, 10:14 am

This is the second time I heard this happening on the Cowichan reserve. The other time was 10 -15 years ago. Very similar story. The dog was tied up as a puppy and never let off and the collar became embedded in the neck as the dog grew.
Muzza
Board Meister

Liked in: 619 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Mar 8th, 2018, 10:23 am

Years ago on Christmas Eve dad loaded us kids into the car and we drove across the top of the city to Scarborough to rescue a purebred Cocker Spaniel pup. The couple who owned him had twins and didn't have time to care for the dog. As a result the collar was embedded in her neck. When we got home dad spent close to 3 hours carefully removing the collar then whisked her off to the vet - good thing he was on call 24/7.

Were the owners neglectful when they had their hands full looking after newborn twins? Yes and no - can see how they forgot to loosen the collar but when they discovered the embedded collar they did the best thing for the dog and rehomed her. We got the pup when she was 8 months old and had her until she went to the Rainbow Bridge at the ripe old age of 16.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

2 people like this post.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 5909 posts

Postby blue iguana » Mar 8th, 2018, 10:57 am

"Mother nature is cruel by design. Humans are cruel by choice" - P. Holmes

2 people like this post.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Liked in: 182 posts

Next