Apparently Horgan is eager to pay back his union donors.

Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Apparently Horgan is eager to pay back his union donors.

Post by Leifer »

He will now tilt the competitive playing field in favor of the 20% of the construction industry that is unionized and gives him money and volunteers. Welcome back to those lovely (and lucrative) project labor agreements.

The world has changed since the 1990s, Premier Horgan. Quit trying to send us back to the bad old days.

https://www.peacearchnews.com/business/premier-john-horgan-vows-union-public-construction/

I wonder how he will pay back his biggest foreign union contributors?
How deep in their pocket is Johnny boy.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Apparently Horgan is eager to pay back his union donors.

Post by CapitalB »

NDP - Works for the unions

Liberals (BC) - Works for corporations

:138:
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Well, there goes that measly surplus Carol James is predicting....
This government is fine with jobs costing perhaps 25% more than they should be..
A contractors association claims the Island Highway built by the NDP's union only labour cost 38% more than it should. Cost overruns so we have traffic lights instead of the originally planned overpass interchanges.
I liked Jimmy Pattison's speech as the Expo 86 properties were starting to be built. The union construction groups were having petty wobblies because non unions were working on site.
Pattison just told them to grow up and get along or he's going to cancel the project(s) and no one works. It was built...
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

seewood wrote:Well, there goes that measly surplus Carol James is predicting....

*snicker* there was never a surplus. The budget surplus was based on a made up number based on taxes they have no clue how to design or implement. 2-5 billion a year will be the deficit range after they are removed and someone sees just how cooked the books are this time.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CapitalB wrote:NDP - Works for the unions

Liberals (BC) - Works for corporations

:138:

So the NDP works to help the unions, at huge expense to the corporations, who hire those unionized staff. I realize the Left can't do math, but some of dim bulbs here that support the NDP have to see how this is a losing proposition.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Right and every project the Lieberals did was on budget.lol
Major cost overruns for their business friends. [icon_lol2.gif]
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

LIke anyone was expecting anything different from the NDP? They do this every time the have control. Look at the island hwy, cost us a fortune in extra union labour.
It’s okay, they will tax us for the extra and say it’s good for us.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
So the NDP works to help the unions, at huge expense to the corporations, who hire those unionized staff. I realize the Left can't do math, but some of dim bulbs here that support the NDP have to see how this is a losing proposition.

Those corporations would use slaves for everything if they could. Your always talking about the math, as far as they're concerned employees are an expense that hurts their bottom line. Thats the math.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

CapitalB wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:

Those corporations would use slaves for everything if they could. Your always talking about the math, as far as they're concerned employees are an expense that hurts their bottom line. Thats the math.

Where's the NUMBERS to support your opinion?
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:[

Those corporations would use slaves for everything if they could.

LOL - what over the top bizarre nonsense.

This guy called. He said to stop stealing his lines.

Your always talking about the math,

I am saying that leftists can't do math. That's why they say and do the stupid things they do.

as far as they're concerned employees are an expense that hurts their bottom line. Thats the math.

That's not math. That's just a statement. Labour does not help a bottom line, but you need it. Using people as "slaves" is not a way to keep people, especially good ones, in a competitive job market. That's what makes your whole argument just plain silly.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Just more fast Ferry fantasy two decades later. When will the NDP understand that Unions are not vogue anymore with even the working person trying to get ahead in their skill set. That is why union membership has declined so dramatically. Workers are not stupid. When they see people working instead of themselves based on being hired one day earlier rather than merit and production, it deflates the whole model of organized labour.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

That's not math. That's just a statement. Labour does not help a bottom line, but you need it. Using people as "slaves" is not a way to keep people, especially good ones, in a competitive job market. That's what makes your whole argument just plain silly.

When management earns the equivalent of their workers' annual pay by lunch time on January 1, employees amount to 'slave labor'!
Chill
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

Btfsplck wrote:LIke anyone was expecting anything different from the NDP? They do this every time the have control. Look at the island hwy, cost us a fortune in extra union labour.
It’s okay, they will tax us for the extra and say it’s good for us.

I thought the So.Creds started the Island Highway project and Cambell River Chamber of Commerce were pushing to have it completed as designed.
https://www.crmuseum.ca/sites/default/f ... IIH%29.pdf
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

madmudder wrote:Right and every project the Lieberals did was on budget.lol
Major cost overruns for their business friends. [icon_lol2.gif]

Just kind of like the Fast Ferry's with the NDP in power :200:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:
When management earns the equivalent of their workers' annual pay by lunch time on January 1, employees amount to 'slave labor'!

oh good grief.

Return to “B.C.”