Jazz 351 cancelled
Nov 3, 10 and 23.
Dec 12, 18 and 30.
Jan 1. 3, 4, 5, 15, 16, 24 and 25.
Feb 2, 17 and 24.

Jza353 cancelled
Nov 8 and 9.
Dec 19 and 27
Jan 2, 3, 5, 7 (twice), 11, 13, 14 and 15.
Feb 4, 17 and 23.
Mar 14

Jaz257 cancelled
Nov 2, 9, 10 and 21.
Dec 2, 17, 19 and 29.
Jan 3, 7, 13, 14, 15, 23 and 24.
Feb 1, 4, 17 and 23.
Mar 2

WEN3280 cancelled
Nov 9
Dec 19 and 29
Jan 11

Yep pretty equal.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Air Canada restores service

Post by Dizzy1 »

JagXKR wrote:Ok I'm going to tell you one more time. The 500 ft approach cannot be used by a 300. Cannot period. You are dead wrong and have no clue what you are talking about. Talked with my neighbor again later today and found out more. It is an LPV approach, meaning unknown to me, but the 300's are unable to do it. He found out from Jazz themselves. The Jazz Q's can do it and the agent he talked with wishes they would send them more often.
Flightaware did show today that it was a Q400 inbound but listed the outbound as a 300. Which one is right? Only Jazz, or someone on that flight that knows the difference between 6 and 4 blades. Maybe.
There are 2 other RNAV approaches to CYYF (not LPV) and a localizer approach. Those 3 approaches have a lowest decision height of around 1500 ft. The LPV has a 500 ft decision height.

Found this later

Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (LPV). An RNAV function requiring WAAS, using a final approach segment (FAS) data block, which computes, displays and provides both horizontal and approved vertical approach navigation to minimums as low as 200 foot ceiling and ½ mile visibility.

and this

RNAV (GNSS) approaches with vertical guidance based on WAAS require a Class 2 or 3 (for LNAV/VNAV minima) or Class 3 (for LPV minima) TSO C145a WAAS receiver, or a TSO C146a sensor interfaced to appropriate avionics.

The 300's DO NOT have class 3.

You are wrong wrong wrong.

Your buddy, or your buddies buddy, or their cousin or who ever, is confusing RNPs with RNAVs - but its all good.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Nope is not and I was told that you may bring that up. I did not volunteer it to see if you have a clue or not. There are no RNP in CYYF. The RNP's at CYLW are Westjet only approaches as they paid for them to be established. As they did for other airports. Nav Canada made this approach for CYYF under pressure from air ambulance and air carriers. But you need more modern equipment which the 300's DO NOT HAVE!

I'm done with you.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JagXKR wrote:WEN3280 cancelled
Nov 9
Dec 19 and 29
Jan 11

You're missing some in there, but thats all good :up:

JagXKR wrote:Yep pretty equal.

I never said they were, in regards to YYF flights - in fact I said that AC's YYF on time performance is probably lower than WS's because of simple statistics, pretty much 3 to 1 in daily flights.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JagXKR wrote:Nope is not and I was told that you may bring that up. I did not volunteer it to see if you have a clue or not. There are no RNP in CYYF. The RNP's at CYLW are Westjet only approaches as they paid for them to be established. As they did for other airports. Nav Canada made this approach for CYYF under pressure from air ambulance and air carriers. But you need more modern equipment which the 300's DO NOT HAVE!

I'm done with you.

I never said that YYF had RNPs did I?

As you didn't volunteer extra info, neither did I - and you are right, AC does not use RNPs - which is why you'll see WS flights coming from YYC fly through the Coldstream Valley and by pass the localizer where is AC will fly up to the localizer before turning on to the approach. WS has been using them for about 10-12 years now (might be off of that though).

But thank god you're done with me - we've dragged this off topic YYF crap long enough.

I need some sleep myself, off to the airport in a couple of hours for me. Seeing that WEN3281/80 were on time today, C-FENO is sitting in YMM for my flight in the morning. Happy flying :up:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Gawd help me !!

No

LOL! :biggrin:

Dear Dizzy

You are so right as nailing me as an infrequent flyer, being a retired peep, OAS and all. I don't have the resources available to fly about often as you seem to do (are you a pilot for AC?).

As stated prior I have upcoming trip overseas that I have invested a substantial sum (8k) that is peanuts to some but not to me. And no, travel cancellation trip insurance as it is flipping expensive.

My memory of AC closing up their wickets and refusing help to their stranded xmas passengers burns a hole in my head. Granted that that fiasco is a couple of years old, but when asking the travel tour guide/booker if there were other options for my flight connections that would connect me with my travel group and I insisted that AC was my very last choice, (Aeroflot, sure! I willtake that, but no dice) but nothing else available. She said she couldn't understand my aversion to AC, and wouldn't you just know it? Shortly after, (2 days) An AC jet almost landed on top of other planes in LA, then shortly followed by AC near-disaster in Toronto. Guess she's new to travel world.

Anyway, I always enjoy your well thought out posts and all your time you have taken to assure us infrequent travellers that all is well.

In closing, I hope I am on one of the "lucky" flights. :biggrin:

Gawd help me!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Jhunter199 wrote:
Not sure where you found these stats, but I can personally vouch for 2 cancelled flights by Air Canada in Feb.

Flightstats is a good source, but I do have access to internal info if I request it.

Well I would say the 2 times in Feb that I was sent home from the Penticton airport because of flights being cancelled are also a pretty solid source... Yours are incorrect.

Return to “B.C.”