Washington State supports BC

Snman
Übergod

Washington State supports BC

Post by Snman »

Of course they do. What better way to help destroy Canada's oil industry? Look at us, we support BC...well not really but dopey Horgan and his tree hugging, nut bar followers won't catch on til it's too late.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/221320 ... upports-BC
Last edited by Snman on Mar 16th, 2018, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Bettyb
Fledgling

Re: Washington State supprts BC

Post by Bettyb »

Yeah everybody will see through this except for the DP's
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Washington State supports BC

Post by hobbyguy »

Washington State stands to make a huge economic gain IF the KM TMX does not proceed. There is a proposal in the works to ship dilbit by rail to Hoquiam, Washington - where a tanker terminal will be built to ship the dilbit both back around to refineries in Puget Sound, AND to other destinations in Asia etc.

Inslee is playing a three layered political game.

1. Kill the TMX so that Washington State can get the revenues/jobs and profits from the oil sands shipments to Asia.
2. Pander to the greenies in Washington State
3. Make nice with Horgan so that he can suck Horgan into paying for part of the new HS rail study (it already failed the previous WSDOT one - the $55 billion CAD cost is not justifiable).

Horgan, being a "checkers player" (and not a good one), got totally sucked in by Inslee - who played him like a thrift shop fiddle. Inslee advances all 3 of his agenda items, while Horgan just looks stupid.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Those opposing the TMX may see themselves on the moral high ground but in reality they're just not being realistic as to the true nature of the game being played. When I first heard that much of the opposition to Northern Gateway was being surreptitiously funded by American oil interests I wrote it off as just another conspiracy theory but when you look at it from a distance the only direction our crude oil exports are not being blockaded in is south, where we have to sell it at a discount to compete. American oil exports, legal only since 2015, now find their biggest destinations in Canada, Mexico, and China. Go figure.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
JennParker

Post by JennParker »

fluffy wrote:Those opposing the TMX may see themselves on the moral high ground but in reality they're just not being realistic as to the true nature of the game being played. When I first heard that much of the opposition to Northern Gateway was being surreptitiously funded by American oil interests I wrote it off as just another conspiracy theory but when you look at it from a distance the only direction our crude oil exports are not being blockaded in is south, where we have to sell it at a discount to compete. American oil exports, legal only since 2015, now find their biggest destinations in Canada, Mexico, and China. Go figure.

Mineral rights in Canada do not belong to the people of Canada. They are freehold... belonging to the corporation/private entity. We do not sell it a discount to anyone, we don't own it. Do you think CNOOC really cares about any of our standards? They want to ship their product back to their country, at the cost of Canadian tax payers. They don't care what the price is. People have allowed the media and the corporations to play mind games with them about selling it at discount prices. It is not our product to begin with. Why should Canadians be on the hook for private enterprise? Not even national, but international corporations...

If someone bought a mine in the furthest regions of the North, knowing the ice roads won't allow year round access... should Canadians build them a bridge so they can get their product out?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
notme

Post by notme »

If someone bought a mine in the furthest regions of the North, knowing the ice roads won't allow year round access... should Canadians build them a bridge so they can get their product out?

If a company (maybe Kinder Morgan?) wanted to pay Canadians to build a bridge, why on earth would we stop them?
JennParker

Post by JennParker »

I wish I could insert the largest eye roll ever. The vast majority of oil companies in Canada, are not Canadian owned. Canadian branches of a non-Canadian company, operating on Canadians soil... are given some of the best tax breaks. It is so easy, thanks to Stephen Harper screwing over his own people in favor of Corporations, to ship money to the tax base of the Corporation, and to write off losses in Canada. My husband and I run a foreign owned corporation, and one of the only reasons we moved back to Canada was because Stephen Harper opened that door. As a person paying income tax, he royally screwed us... but as a foreign investor, he gave us the greatest gift.

The only companies hurting from the drop in oil are Canadian based companies, who cannot compete with foreign based companies in sending their product down south. If Husky wants to make sure they have strong profit margins, are they going to ship their product to their refineries (which are all filtered through shelf companies), or allow a company like Bonavista to ship theirs?

If you truly believe that Corporation A does not have multiple companies that run different divisions of their company, hence an easy way to show losses, then you are very very oblivious to how foreign business is done.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

What I’m saying is that there are markets other than the US where we could be getting a better price for our oil, hence the importance of getting the stuff to tidewater.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/energy-dominance-u-s-canada-1.4575717

Read that and you see the depth of the game that is being played.

The US is shipping LNG to Poland... yup, some of that is BC gas that we can't ship because... the stupid BC NDP/LEAP opposed LNG development... and the Green anarchists are paid by US foundations that are supported by oil and gas money...

The US wants to be a controlling player in oil markets... how convenient for that goal if all Canadian product must be shipped through the US... gee, wonder why those same "foundations" funded by oil and gas money are pushing megabucks into the green anarchy "movements" in Canada???

The oil sands product is going to make it into world markets... the only question is whether WE benefit from it, or Trump and his cronies.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

hobbyguy wrote:Horgan, being a "checkers player" (and not a good one), got totally sucked in by Inslee - who played him like a thrift shop fiddle. Inslee advances all 3 of his agenda items, while Horgan just looks stupid.

I guess you could say he's playing to his strengths. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

bc is finally back home on the left with its brethren in washington state. its a great time to be alive!
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 18th, 2018, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

burnedatstake wrote:bc is finally back home on the left with its brethren in washington state. its a great time to be alive!

That makes little sense in context. You mean you are happy with Inslee and the Americans playing the dufus BC NDP/LEAP for the fools they are?

The Americans are playing a grand game to steal the value of the Canadian oil sands - and you choose to support Horgan being a "useful idiot" for them?

We are Canadians first, not Soviets as you dream, and not nearly dumb enough to accept this nonsense.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

hobbyguy wrote:
burnedatstake wrote:bc is finally back home on the left with its brethren in washington state. its a great time to be alive!

That makes little sense in context. You mean you are happy with Inslee and the Americans playing the dufus BC NDP/LEAP for the fools they are?

The Americans are playing a grand game to steal the value of the Canadian oil sands - and you choose to support Horgan being a "useful idiot" for them?

We are Canadians first, not Soviets as you dream, and not nearly dumb enough to accept this nonsense.

i keep seeing the absurdity of the misnomer about the value of canadian oil sands. it isnt as good as oil in other parts. its filthy. it has extra costs right out the door to even be on par with the cleaner oils around the world that can be refined almost immediately. its value is only to those who want to make a buck from it - while being subsidized by the public - so they can line their private pockets. thats it.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

Return to “B.C.”