Record gas prices on way

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Record gas prices on way

Post by GordonH »

Only tolls mentioned is on oil not on gasoline, diesel or other fuels.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Lower mainland & Vancouver Island get their fuel needs from 2 sources.
1) the only Refinery in the area Chevron, which is not big enough to supply all needed (oil used comes via KM pipeline)
2) imported gasoline/fuels from US (& maybe some from Edmonton via KM pipeline... this ones ify)

BC's north from about 100 Mile House north is supplied by the refinery in PG.
The rest of BC Southeast (includes Merritt, Okanagan etc... etc) comes from Kamloops via Edmonton refinery)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The guy states that the toll would increase the price by two cents a liter. Big deal they've jacked up the price by like 30+ cents a liter in the last month or so.

To be honest though the way my brain functions, as far as I'm concerned if the new pipeline is going to generate so much more money through sales to Asia, then they should take the cost of the pipeline out of that bonanza, instead of sticking it to us every opportunity available.

I think the NEB needs a wake up call.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Where are the refineries in Asia that are up and ready to process Alberta Bitumen? |How much more are they willing to pay than the US? Thanks for the info.
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Urban Cowboy wrote:The guy states that the toll would increase the price by two cents a liter. Big deal they've jacked up the price by like 30+ cents a liter in the last month or so.

To be honest though the way my brain functions, as far as I'm concerned if the new pipeline is going to generate so much more money through sales to Asia, then they should take the cost of the pipeline out of that bonanza, instead of sticking it to us every opportunity available.

impo what NEB should do is even out Rack Price from sea to sea to sea.
Only reason prices would be more or less would be because of the taxes charged & delivery costs.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Post by blue iguana »

flamingfingers wrote:Where are the refineries in Asia that are up and ready to process Alberta Bitumen? |How much more are they willing to pay than the US? Thanks for the info.

These 2 articles may answer some of your questions.

This U of C report (https://www.policyschool.ca/wp-content/ ... winter.pdf … ) states that China can refine over 1 million barrels a day of oil sands crude.

‘Under these circumstances, gaining access to new markets such as those in the Asia-Pacific region is becoming more and more important for the Canadian economy…Through this survey of the capacity of Pacific Basin refineries, including existing and proposed facilities, we have concluded that there is sufficient technical capacity in the Pacific Basin to refine the additional Canadian volume.’

On the bizarre narrative about bitumen being an “inferior” form of crude oil that can’t be sold
https://achemistinlangley.net/2018/04/1 ... t-be-sold/

‘The heavy oil refineries in the US Midwest, the Gulf Coast, in California and in China all want heavy crude and do not want light crude. They like the high margins, the lower volume of waste and the range of products that a high-conversion refinery can produce that a light oil refinery can’t produce.’
Bettyb
Fledgling

Post by Bettyb »

Good info thx.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

GordonH wrote:
Urban Cowboy wrote:The guy states that the toll would increase the price by two cents a liter. Big deal they've jacked up the price by like 30+ cents a liter in the last month or so.

impo what NEB should do is even out Rack Price from sea to sea to sea.
Only reason prices would be more or less would be because of the taxes charged & delivery costs.

Sounds a lot like the NEP... don't expect anyone to go there again. That's more toxic than the waste products from Chinese solar panels.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Just as a small reminder of how dirty Solar Panels are to the enviroment, I supply the following notation and the source of my citation.
Hazardous Materials
The PV cell manufacturing process includes a number of hazardous materials, most of which are used to clean and purify the semiconductor surface. These chemicals, similar to those used in the general semiconductor industry, include hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid, hydrogen fluoride, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, and acetone. The amount and type of chemicals used depends on the type of cell, the amount of cleaning that is needed, and the size of silicon wafer [4]. Workers also face risks associated with inhaling silicon dust. Thus, PV manufactures must follow U.S. laws to ensure that workers are not harmed by exposure to these chemicals and that manufacturing waste products are disposed of properly.

https://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/our ... l#bf-toc-2
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Lowerest Rack price across Canada today is Halifax at .746
Highest Rack price across Canada today is Nanaimo .945
.199 difference

Added later: usually Edmonton has lowest Rack price
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-224544-1-.htm#224544 *bleep* :200:

I told you so. "Damn NDP"!
Bring back the LIKE button.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Post by blue iguana »

'Recognize that nothing I have written should come as a surprise to people like Robyn Allan or Dr. Perl and yet they have omitted this information in their submissions and their television/radio interviews. I am left to wonder why.'

On the ridiculous claims that the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion will increase Vancouver’s gas prices
https://achemistinlangley.net/2018/03/2 ... as-prices/
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Rack price + taxes = $
.939 + .3767 = $1.317
Difference between this & actual pump price is what station owner/manger gets.

Return to “B.C.”