Record gas prices on way

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Gas Price Increase

Post by Jlabute »

I would have done it different :-) I would have banned just one brand until that one brand gives up. :-) Perhaps brands can easily hold out for 1 week?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Record gas prices on way

Post by GordonH »

4 Fuel terminals across Canada where the Rack price is above .90 per/litre

Thunder Bay Rack price is .934 Pump price is $1.229
Kamloops Rack price is .937 Pump price is $1.359
Vancouver Rack price is .953 Pump price is $1.499
Nanaimo Rack price is .969 Pump price is $1.469

Not a terminal city Kelowna Pump price is $1.469
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:4 Fuel terminals across Canada where the Rack price is above .90 per/litre

Thunder Bay Rack price is .934 Pump price is $1.229
Kamloops Rack price is .937 Pump price is $1.359
Vancouver Rack price is .953 Pump price is $1.499
Nanaimo Rack price is .969 Pump price is $1.469

Not a terminal city Kelowna Pump price is $1.469

Good money hauling fuel from kamloops. Wow
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

If only we had Kinder Morgan's pipeline sending bitumen to the coast, we'd have lower gas prices. Right? Is this part of Alberta's plan to choke BC until we give in?
KenL

Post by KenL »

Gasoline prices in British Columbia are ridiculous and getting worse. Time to throw out the lefty Horgan/Weaver coalition. From GasBuddy.com, Gas in BC: $1.60 per Liter. In Alberta: $1.15/L. In Washington state: $1.00 (Cdn)/L (Exchange rate and calculation from US gallon to Liters included). Recent quotes from Premier Horgan: "We will take legal action to stop oil pipeline expansion." and then, "We will take legal action if pipelines (to BC) are shut off." Before his narrow minded policies drive the price to $2.00/Liter or more, let's give Horgan and his minority government the boot and build the pipelines!!
Puffie40

Post by Puffie40 »

I can't help but think this is some sort of NDP conspiracy theory to force people out of cars and into cities.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Puffie40 wrote:I can't help but think this is some sort of NDP conspiracy theory to force people out of cars and into cities.

Naa, this is the NDP's attempt in making BC more affordable. [icon_lol2.gif]
I am not wealthy but I am rich
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

Snman wrote:The article reads 50 cents a litre in taxes here. Nice, but hey....smell that fresh clean air. :-X

Obviously you haven't been along the highway or the beaches on the Eastern side of Vancouver Island. From north of Deep Bay to south of Nanaimo, an onshore breeze smells like *bleep*. Literally human sewage. Not all day, every day, but most days. When the tide goes out it can be hard to breathe and not gag. There are a lot of orange signs along the road north of Qualicum Beach BEGGING the Government not to dump raw sewage into the ocean. Consecutive Governments don't give a damn about the ocean so why the sudden interest? Fresh air alright. Where?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

spooker wrote:
LTD wrote:some of us dont have a choice and it has nothing to do with convenience, some of us dont live close enough to transit or work to pedal a bike, some are at an age that pedaling or walking just wont happen, some of us such as myself simply cant because pedaling up hills with the 15 thousand pounds of tools and equipment in a trailer would be tough, so you see despite what your fantasy world would have you believe its not quite that simple

As has been explained before ... you've already qualified that you don't fit the demographic who is open to alternatives, that's fine ... but for people who might be able to make a different choice it needs to be pointed out ... just met a guy yesterday who works downtown, lives downtown, yet he just purchased a second car on the weekend ... I saw him start to question himself ...

Either we find a solution to our problem (typical male response to everything eh?) or we ignore it and deal with more important things ... gas prices will rise, will our ire rise in response as we flap our mouth holes? or will we actually figure out a way to solve fuel companies being able to demand the price they want because they know we haven't left ourselves a choice?

choices like buying an f350 to haul a couple of mountain bikes around is that what you mean ?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

spooker wrote:
LTD wrote:some of us dont have a choice and it has nothing to do with convenience, some of us dont live close enough to transit or work to pedal a bike, some are at an age that pedaling or walking just wont happen, some of us such as myself simply cant because pedaling up hills with the 15 thousand pounds of tools and equipment in a trailer would be tough, so you see despite what your fantasy world would have you believe its not quite that simple

As has been explained before ... you've already qualified that you don't fit the demographic who is open to alternatives, that's fine ... but for people who might be able to make a different choice it needs to be pointed out ... just met a guy yesterday who works downtown, lives downtown, yet he just purchased a second car on the weekend ... I saw him start to question himself ...

Either we find a solution to our problem (typical male response to everything eh?) or we ignore it and deal with more important things ... gas prices will rise, will our ire rise in response as we flap our mouth holes? or will we actually figure out a way to solve fuel companies being able to demand the price they want because they know we haven't left ourselves a choice?

How about starting with NOT expanding the biggest emitter in the lower mainland - YVR. The silly BC NDP/LEAP can try to stop folks from jumping into airplanes and flying to Mexico et al.

Nope, prohibition never works. Pretty soon black market gasoline will be a thing. The Americans are just laughing at the stupidity they invested $$$ in creating.

What? do the stupid LEAPers have that is positive? Nothing, zero, nada. They just want everyone else to follow their "soup nazi" (Seinfeld) rules from their inability to actually think. What a bunch of ivory tower snobs! Probably have a hard time tying their own shoes.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

For what it's worth, I just ran across some receipts from 2013, and I saw the price up at $1.46 liter for regular, but it's worth noting that back then, a barrel of oil was also selling for much more than it is today.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

If anyone believes that they will magically give gas away after the pipeline gets built is naive.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I’ve read in a couple of places that one of the reasons behind the price increase is the switch from winter gas to summer gas. I’m going to need some help on that one. Anybody?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

delSol97 wrote:If anyone believes that they will magically give gas away after the pipeline gets built is naive.

^^^^ 100%. You've been paying attention. "uncapped costs" on the pipeline will have a direct effect on the tariffs KM charges to move fuel across our province. That 25 to 50 million per year in the MOU the liberals negotiated, barely offsets the special tariff that Kinder Morgan has already been collecting for a number of years.

Hobby likes claim that MOU is "1 billion in extra revenue"; to date it has drained $136 million out of British Columbian pockets.

Going forward, it will continue to drain our pockets, but after the pipeline is up and running it might send a bit of that money back to the Provincial Gov't.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

fluffy wrote:I’ve read in a couple of places that one of the reasons behind the price increase is the switch from winter gas to summer gas. I’m going to need some help on that one. Anybody?

I've been reading the same thing from "gasbuddy" on a number of news stories. I know Parkland was down for more than a month and a half on a major turnaround and that, it is claimed, caused a bit of a constraint on the lower mainland's fuel supply.

http://www.parkland.ca/en/investors/new ... Turnaround
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “B.C.”