Horgan approval rating

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Horgan approval rating

Post by Urban Cowboy »

burnedatstake wrote: i feel like i am in crazy town sometimes listening to the lunatics.

Perfectly describes my feelings when I read your rant! :smt045
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Ha ha . . . yup:

VaughnPalmer

Verified account

@VaughnPalmer
Follow Follow @VaughnPalmer
More
#bcpoli So to hear John Horgan tell it, LNG industry needs tax relief, BC LNG can help reduce emissions in China, no need for a moratorium on fracking, Site C power is needed and in any event project is past the point of no return. NDP version of BC Liberal clone speech?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Urbane wrote:Ha ha . . . yup:

VaughnPalmer

Verified account

@VaughnPalmer
Follow Follow @VaughnPalmer
More
#bcpoli So to hear John Horgan tell it, LNG industry needs tax relief, BC LNG can help reduce emissions in China, no need for a moratorium on fracking, Site C power is needed and in any event project is past the point of no return. NDP version of BC Liberal clone speech?

I have always said that the unionist "working people's" NDP has interests much more closely aligned with business. Horgan himself has always been of that faction of the NDP. His problem is that the BC NDP don't seem to know if they are the BC LEAP/NDP or the BC NDP/LEAP or...? And so they wind up with contradictory positions that work against each other and just produce a mess.

Rachel Notley is firmly in the "working people's" NDP camp and her take: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-alberta-cries-hypocrisy-over-pipeline-fight-after-bc-offers/

Ms. Notley said Friday she fully supports Canada building LNG export facilities, as the move could support natural gas producers in both British Columbia and Alberta.

“What we don’t support is environmental hypocrisy,” she told reporters in Calgary on Friday.

Ms. Notley said if the B.C. government wisely believes in a “balanced” approach to energy development – with recognition that environmental policy must go hand-in-hand with a solid economic plan and keeping people employed – it doesn’t square with its actions to date on Kinder Morgan Canada Ltd.’s Trans Mountain expansion project.

“The problem is they wrap themselves in a much more rigid, rigorous, uncompromising, and win-lose environmental cloak when it comes to their approach to the Kinder Morgan pipeline. And you can’t have it both ways.”

That puts Notley squarely in line with the federal position, and in line with Horgan's new flip flop stance on LNG. Right back where we started from.

I wonder when or if Horgan is going to show some real spine and boot Heyman from the cabinet... maybe Popham too... they would desert to the Greens??? but so what? the supply and confidence agreement and all that...
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

As the broken promises pile up even Horgan's loyal supporters (some have been strangely quiet on here lately!) are going to have trouble defending him. John Horgan making life more affordable for the middle class . . . APRIL FOOL!! [icon_lol2.gif]

Mike Smyth: The taxman cometh and you will pay more starting on April 1

Published:
March 24, 2018

Vancouver gas prices were already the highest in North America even before the latest price spikes cranked up the pain at the pumps to excruciating levels.

Now get set for an even harsher whack to your wallet, as British Columbia’s carbon tax is scheduled to jump on April 1.

The carbon tax will rise 1.11 cents per litre on April Fools Day, pushing the total amount of B.C. carbon tax levied on a litre of gas to 7.78 cents.

That might not seem like a lot in isolation. But when it’s added to the already soaring cost of gasoline in the province, you can bet even more B.C. vehicles will stream across the border to fill up in Washington state. And don’t forget those jerry cans!

Premier John Horgan felt the heat last week when grilled about gas prices going up, up and away to a record $1.55 a litre.

His answer was an astonishing one, as he insisted it was up to the federal government to do something about B.C. gas prices.

“I would certainly love to see the federal government take some leadership in this regard,” Horgan said, in a comment that left his critics practically sputtering.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” said Kris Sims of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation. “His own government is jacking up gas prices next week and he wants Ottawa to do something about it? Unreal.”
Full column: http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics ... on-april-1
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

meh. when it comes to political factions and leanings (especially in the current reality) i look at context. i agree that the new NDP will be reasonable with business and wont give handouts. and i also know that with support from weaver - horgan has to walk a fine line in regards to the environment. i think we have been aware of horgan long enough to know that he is pragmatic. in the situation the NDP has to balance at the moment - it may be construed as hypocrisy. but it is simply about getting the balance right. and yes - i have absolutely no problems with that. just like liberal supporters didnt like every economic policy or decision - but still supports the party in a fuller sense.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

burnedatstake wrote: i think we have been aware of horgan long enough to know that he is pragmatic. in the situation the NDP has to balance at the moment - it may be construed as hypocrisy. but it is simply about getting the balance right.

Pragmatic? LOL. Horgan is going to lose the last strands of hair on his cone or they will go to Grey even faster than Obama did. He had no idea of what he signed up for and is totally unequipped with a weapon that has three green bullets in the clip.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”