Horgan approval rating

burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Horgan approval rating

Post by burnedatstake »

twobits wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:It doesn't help that Horgan doesn't have enough sense to realize that him going to speak at the BCTF AGM is a conflict of interest, and really dumb thing to do in terms of contract negotiation. No private sector executive/manager would be dumb enough to that, and if they did, they would likely get fired.

I am actually shocked that the press has been as muted as it has been on this faux pas. Horgan's attendance at a Union Annual General Meeting of the BCTF IMO goes beyond conflict of interest. It smacks of collusion.

how on earth is going to a union meeting any more nefarious than collusion of liberal politicians with business insiders and lobbyists? or wining and dining lng insiders? or seemingly doing the will of the chamber of commerce? the hysteria regarding union support by the ndp is the height of sanctimony and hypocrisy.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

twobits wrote:
I am actually shocked that the press has been as muted as it has been on this faux pas. Horgan's attendance at a Union Annual General Meeting of the BCTF IMO goes beyond conflict of interest. It smacks of collusion.

yes it's totally disgusting. I smell another disgusting back-room deal coming, any day now.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

burnedatstake wrote:how on earth is going to a union meeting any more nefarious than collusion of liberal politicians with business insiders and lobbyists?

If there is any "collusion", which is a word leftists just pull out of their butts to hide that they don't have a clue about how the real world works, then it is really really bad. Just like it was really really bad for Clark and Dix to do that disgusting back-room deal with the BCTF. Horgan is really taking this party back to the dark days of the 1990's, and it really really sucks for BC.

the hysteria regarding union support by the ndp is the height of sanctimony and hypocrisy.

No, it's well-founded suspicion based on past collusion and back-room deals between unions and the NDP. These are supposed to be elected officials looking out for the best interests of the voters and tax payers, not just puppets to be utilized by evil unions to access the public treasury like it's their personal cash box.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Unlike the dippers, I said that Horgan is in conflict of interest and being really dumb by going to the BCTF AGM.

It is a really stupid move.

Anyone who is not a diehard dipper will see the conflict of interest. That's strike 1.
Anyone who knows anything about contract negotiations knows you don't do that. That's strike 2.
Any deal that is reached will obviously be tainted by the appearance of collusion (whether or not any took place). That's strike 3.

Plus more than likely, the BCTF lunatics will stab Horgan in the back - that's just what they do. Then he is stuck with bad optics, non dippers annoyed with him, and no deal to boot.

The BCTF is run by a bunch of anarchist lunatics who have never negotiated in good faith. Horgan is a fool if he thinks he can schmooze them, they don't do anything in good faith: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Timeline+long+troubled+bargaining+history+teachers+provincial+government/9864912/story.html

That tells the whole sordid story of the BCTF anarchist political party that masquerades as a union.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

meh. the only crybabies there are about union support are the liberals and their cheerleader/bullies. they see nothing wrong with business interference when it comes to politics and taxpayers. even act like there is nothing to see if businesses thrive and break profit records from government policies. and then they cry bloody murder if leaders are seen with unions. the double standard is frightening.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Anyone who is oblivious to the NDP/Union connection has to be a complete imbecile, imho.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Snman wrote:Anyone who is oblivious to the NDP/Union connection has to be a complete imbecile, imho.

of course there is a union connection. the party supports labor and unions. there is nothing nefarious about that. when people say other people cant "see" that - "they" are the imbeciles. those who support the ndp - also support their stand for labor and unions. they support that with a clear and present understanding of that worthwhile party philosophy.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

burnedatstake wrote:
Snman wrote:Anyone who is oblivious to the NDP/Union connection has to be a complete imbecile, imho.

of course there is a union connection. the party supports labor and unions. there is nothing nefarious about that. when people say other people cant "see" that - "they" are the imbeciles. those who support the ndp - also support their stand for labor and unions. they support that with a clear and present understanding of that worthwhile party philosophy.

Too bad they don't understand the blatant conflict of interest in place, when public sector unions are in negotiation with officials they put in place. This does a disservice to the larger majority of voters who have to pay for agreements made, and whom government is supposed to represent.

It's already been pointed out, how absolutely wrong it is, for Horgan to be attending an annual general meeting with a public sector union he's about to enter into negotiations with, yet he does it anyway.

It is far less wrong to be supported by unions in general, ones where government plays no role in negotiations. It's this control that the BCTF wields over the voters of BC that is blatantly unacceptable.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Yes, truer words have never been spoken. I'll leave you to think about that.

Ginger_Goodwin's_Grave.jpg
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Drip_Torch wrote:

Yes, truer words have never been spoken. I'll leave you to think about that.

Ginger_Goodwin's_Grave.jpg

Now that is dwelling in the past. Last time I looked, it is 2018, not 1918...

You guys obviously have little clue about proper employer/union relationships.

Good unions don't negotiate in public, and neither do good employers. They retain a respectful partnership. A real union like the machinists union knows how to do that, Steelworkers too. Dealt with both of them, and always managed to find the win-win.

Not the BCTF, and obviously not Horgan. They are all about appearances, and not a shred of substance.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

hobbyguy wrote:Now that is dwelling in the past. Last time I looked, it is 2018, not 1918...

Hey, what can I say.

I'm not one of these tied to my GPS, selfie-taking quick talkers. I subscribe to the old school of orienteering and that means to have some idea of where we are, I need to have some idea of where we came from.

:smt045
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Too bad they don't understand the blatant conflict of interest in place, when public sector unions are in negotiation with officials they put in place. This does a disservice to the larger majority of voters who have to pay for agreements made, and whom government is supposed to represent.

It's already been pointed out, how absolutely wrong it is, for Horgan to be attending an annual general meeting with a public sector union he's about to enter into negotiations with, yet he does it anyway.

It is far less wrong to be supported by unions in general, ones where government plays no role in negotiations. It's this control that the BCTF wields over the voters of BC that is blatantly unacceptable.

what exactly are the levels of hell in regards to blatant conflict of interest? what level of hell was it that the bc liberal government was going to sell our LNG resources down the river for peanuts? why? just so that another private entity would have the kahunas to make the cash investment in that folly? how blatant of an act of collusion and conflict of interest is it that our former government would sell BC resources down the river to a state run conglomerate in another country? for pennies on the dollar? i am amazed how blind "business as usual" idol worshiping fools are. at least unions and members contribute to their communities HERE IN BC. not offshore. and the cost of unions would never ever eclipse the amounts that we paid extra for projects by private businesses. and all that money would again be HERE IN BC. not in an offshore account. or funneled back into liberal donations. i feel like i am in crazy town sometimes listening to the lunatics.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

burnedatstake wrote: i feel like i am in crazy town sometimes listening to the lunatics.

now you know how all of us feel. Instead of blathering on about Liberal stuff, and perceived nonsensical transgressions, how about discuss the actual topic. Why are you ok with our premier attending a disgusting BCTF event? How do just forgive such a flagrant conflict? Are you able to do it without bringing up the Liberals? I would like to see you try.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

burnedatstake wrote:
of course there is a union connection. the party supports labor and unions. there is nothing nefarious about that.

yes there is, because it's not about support, it's about control. The Unions control the NDP, and right now, that means our government. And that means another sleazy back-room deal that is going to cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars, just like those two boneheads, Clark and Dix, did to all of us in 1998. Just awful. The NDP is a disease.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
burnedatstake wrote:
of course there is a union connection. the party supports labor and unions. there is nothing nefarious about that.

yes there is, because it's not about support, it's about control. The Unions control the NDP, and right now, that means our government. And that means another sleazy back-room deal that is going to cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars, just like those two boneheads, Clark and Dix, did to all of us in 1998. Just awful. The NDP is a disease.

what are you "sky is falling" about?? and for years and years the business community and chamber of commerce has been "controlling" right wing governments and blocking minimum wage increases. why is it with you the control issue is one sided? its silly.

Return to “B.C.”