Province Targets Off-Road Users

abraham
Fledgling

Re: Province Targets Off-Road Users

Post by abraham »

The chances are pretty slim off road vehicles are gonna cause a fire, spark arrester or not! Good Luck giving us a ticket, cause once I fire up the bike.... brap brap I’m gone!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

abraham wrote:The chances are pretty slim off road vehicles are gonna cause a fire, spark arrester or not! Good Luck giving us a ticket, cause once I fire up the bike.... brap brap I’m gone!

There's still the chance - and don't forget the others in the bush that are recording vehicles that could be potential problems.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

I love how the government plays different groups of people off of each other, restricting one groups enjoyment of activity while the other cheers that the scum have been controlled and they are much better off because of it.

How blind is it when you cannot see the game being played on your rights day in and day out by an ever increasing global government!?

Divide and conquer. Divide and rule. Wake up sleepers- its time to stop blaming eachother and put the blame where it belongs. The government.

They dont pass laws to make people safe, they pass laws to increase their control and their profits.

Stop with the childish weakness of blaming one another and lets refuse the loss of our God given right to a free flowing life.

Sparki55 is correct and mature in their assessment: find out what is the real cause of the increase in these so-called wildfires.

smokers, off road vehicles and arsonists are the smallest percetage on the list of culprits - the government is the source and cause of the ever increasing wildfires....but they want you to feel bad, ashamed, blamed and to pay.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Oh bunk - coffers can't be increased if people just follow simple guidelines. Lots of difference reasons for wildfires as has been explained too many times. We intend to go into the bush and certainly have no expectation of either starting a fire or getting stopped. Posters worry too much and overthink things.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Fancy wrote:Oh bunk - coffers can't be increased if people just follow simple guidelines. Lots of difference reasons for wildfires as has been explained too many times. We intend to go into the bush and certainly have no expectation of either starting a fire or getting stopped. Posters worry too much and overthink things.

Laws are not simple guidelines.

Laws are enforcable acts that take away the freedom of the individual and the group.

Your use of the term "simple guidelines" makes you seem like a paid propagandist.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You missed the point. People that haven't followed simple guidelines are the ones responsible for laws that are created.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Fancy wrote:You missed the point. People that haven't followed simple guidelines are the ones responsible for laws that are created.

such as?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

and God has nothing to do with ensuring our vehicles don't start fires - pretty sure people can look after that
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

This isn't about "the government" its about stopping one proven cause of fires. Simple.

Most responsible off road users (the vast majority) will operate safe, up to date equipment. How can this ever been seen as a negative? Make sure your equipment is working properly and help BC stop ONE cause of fires. Easy.

As for those who have the "fine the smokers, not the off road people" argument...they do get fined. Education is the best ammo against this stupid behavior, yet we have, and will continue to see smokers cause fires.

Lets all just agree that we hope 2018 is a better fire season than 2017 was.
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

I've been riding off road vehicle most of my life. Other than a few older dirt bikes back in the 70's, I don't remember one that came with out a spark arrestor, 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Sure, you can take them off and put on an aftermarket muffler for added performance, but not many do that.
Leave the stock spark arrestor on the bike if you plan on wilderness riding and you will not have a problem. Simple.
I don't think this is as big a deal as some think it is.

Return to “B.C.”