Would you vote for me

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Would you vote for me

Post by alanjh595 »

forum wrote:Vote for me.

Not in your or your grandchildren's lifetime would I vote for you!
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Even if you were the only horse on the track and 100:1 odds of finishing the 100 yard dash.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

If Forum could make it possible that JT was at the helm for only TWO years, I must say he'd have my vote in a heartbeat. My internal calendar would then be :biggrin: and hopeful, once again.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

alanjh595 wrote:

Even if you were the only horse on the track and 100:1 odds of finishing the 100 yard dash.

You're still least twice my age. Chances are I'll outlive you,and you won't get a vote. Life's a beach.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

miss_sterious wrote:What is your stance on SOGI123? Do you believe that kindergarteners should be taught that they may be a different gender than what they were born with? Also, do you believe that we should enact the Hate Speech legislation that Trudeau has been attempting, that makes even respectful disagreement with the gender fluid theory considered ‘hate speech’?

I would teach kindergaten children this:

If you died in a forest naked, and a forensic scientist discovered your body, what gender would they declare you as?

Because after you die, people won't remember you for what you thought you were, they will remember you for what they saw you as.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

so you would be remembered as a jackass
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

forum wrote:
miss_sterious wrote:What is your stance on SOGI123? Do you believe that kindergarteners should be taught that they may be a different gender than what they were born with? Also, do you believe that we should enact the Hate Speech legislation that Trudeau has been attempting, that makes even respectful disagreement with the gender fluid theory considered ‘hate speech’?

If you died in a forest naked, and a forensic scientist discovered your body, what gender would they declare you as?

Because after you die, people won't remember you for what you thought you were, they will remember you for what they saw you as.

In biology they tend to deal with sex rather than gender, so it's much more likely that a forensic scientist would record your sex. But perhaps more important, there are many aspects about you and your identity they don't necessarily record, from sexual preference, public image, friendships, hobbies, sexual relationships, profession, etc. that they may well not record either, but that doesn't mean these aren't important to who you are while you are alive.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

common_sense_guy wrote:Would you vote for me if this was my platform.1- I would immediately look into the rates for electricity. The dams were built years ago and paid for by our parents tax dollars.. I believe it is Criminal what they are charging.2- I would make the rules so any politician found lying for personal gain would immediately lose their pension.3- I would freeze all salary increases for any politician Federal, provincial, local.4- I would immediately ban all non-canadians from being able to purchase property in Canada. Residential or agricultural. But would allow Outsiders to open businesses.4- I would immediately pay War veterans what they deserve as I believe all Canadians also feel this way.

Lol. No!
1. The rates for electricity are quite low already. They should reflect market demand and supply. Even if we have already paid for the infrastructure, and even operating costs, the most efficient system is to have us compete with others for the electricity and then use the revenues to pay us back, or reduce our tax bill. It's economics 101.
2. Lying for personal gain is basically what a politician does, even if that gain is just to stay in power. It's too broad a concept to be a law/policy, though if you were talking about those using their position for personal financial gain at all, you might have a starting point. Sadly, such would eliminate basically all businessmen from politics.
3. Why? Good employees deserve good compensation. I'd pay more if they ultimately gave us better results for our tax dollars. No, this just discourages good workers and we don't need any more half-wits.
4. That's a really bad idea. We need the investment and nobody is going to invest if they can't purchase the land. What would end up happening is proxy ownership with very tight restrictions. Canada needs to be open for business, not trying to become an impoverished third world country.
4 (repeated number). Yes, we all think war vets should get what we think they should get. It's a really not very smart statement. Most of us are happy with them getting treated well, just so long as we don't have to pay for it. That said, what is it you think they deserve, actual figures please? Also, are you, or are you related to, connected to or otherwise a beneficiary of a war vet? If so is this not a conflict of interest and therefore completely inappropriate?

Sorry, your platform is naive, populist, and terrible. It also reeks of likely to result in throwing the baby out with the bath water. The current system it also terrible, but it a much better terrible than the vast majority of systems that people would put in place to replace it.

What I'd like to see is a politician who looks at the facts, research and opinions of experts, and implements policy with sound reasoning and evidence. Of course, such a politician would have a political life measured in days since people don't want evidence based decision making.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

alanjh595 wrote:

forum wrote:You're still least twice my age. Chances are I'll outlive you,and you won't get a vote. Life's a beach.

Okay then, you will have to wait for my dead body, to take away my vote for anyone that is in your opposition.
Bring back the LIKE button.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Oh yeah, I forgot to add.

In my platform every Canadian gets a free subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO.

CBC will no longer receive taxpayer funding. They are on their own.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Netflix is basically a bunch of left propaganda, like CBC. However, you won me over with Amazon Prime.
sherriff

Post by sherriff »

Let's be a little more serious, I also am throwing my hat in the ring. It is definitely time to start managing B.C. a lot better. We first of all need to get rid of the lies and deceipt from previous political parties. I personally would run for expenses only and turn over the management to an individual who would be elected by the people as a leader and not a party representative. This provincial gov`t as it stands today is going nowhere. Many people in this province have great ideas and need to be heard. A premier just needs to listen and discuss with his advisors to represent the peoples wishes. Making change would take time but with transparency and putting money on the need first and wants next, there would be progress. As far as gov`t interference with utility rates, only when gov`t supplies the service. Not to say gov.t would not encourage competition. Maybe one day one could hail a cab or buy products made in B,C. Absolutely any ferries bought by the province would be made in a B.C. shipyard. All natural resources would only leave the province as a finished product. All royalties would go to the citizens of B.C. in one way or another. Insurance for everything would be private sector and utilities back to gov`t to reduce rates. All ferry and road systems would be gov,t. managed and owned. There would be no more Patullo bridge scenarios any more. And you can bet drug money would never again put the people of B.C. out of buying a home in their own province.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

forum wrote:

I think kindergarten kids are far too young to learn about what reads to me as a murder scene.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

FreeRights wrote:
forum wrote:

I think kindergarten kids are far too young to learn about what reads to me as a murder scene.

If you elect me my first order of business will be to make sure Forum never teaches kindergarten.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Poindexter wrote:If you elect me my first order of business will be to make sure Forum never teaches kindergarten.

If I was just new here you would have had my vote on that point alone. Sadly, having read many of your posts over the years, it's one of the only things we would agree on.

Return to “B.C.”