Would you vote for me

Even Steven
Guru

Re: Would you vote for me

Post by Even Steven »

common_sense_guy wrote:Would you vote for me if this was my platform.1- I would immediately look into the rates for electricity. The dams were built years ago and paid for by our parents tax dollars.. I believe it is Criminal what they are charging.2- I would make the rules so any politician found lying for personal gain would immediately lose their pension.3- I would freeze all salary increases for any politician Federal, provincial, local.4- I would immediately ban all non-canadians from being able to purchase property in Canada. Residential or agricultural. But would allow Outsiders to open businesses.4- I would immediately pay War veterans what they deserve as I believe all Canadians also feel this way.

I would not vote for you simply because your ideas look very one-dimensional and don't take into account other issues.

1. What would "looking into rates" accomplish? Electricity rates are already controlled. And we have lowest electricity rates in the developed world. It doesn't matter if dams were paid off - the infrastructure needs to be updated regularly and the population is growing.

3. Freezing salaries for politicians is already part of the system in the event of a deficit. Besides, their salaries are minuscule in the overall budget, so I see little point in doing so.

4. Paying veterans what they deserve? What do they deserve? It's very different if you ask different people.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

You would have my vote!!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oldtrucker wrote:'the green barbarian' and 'hassel99'... you came at me teeth bared like a pair of organs because I posted a possible monetary solution from a man with more knowledge than me. You asked me to explain myself( I didn't have time last night), and I posted a answer for you.
So, what is your expert opinion?

You posted an answer? Where?

AP also embraced Hellyer's proposals for monetary reform: that the government should become more involved in the direction of the economy by gradually reducing the creation of private money and increasing the creation of public money from the current ratio of 5% public / 95% private back to 50% public and 50% private.

Is this what you call an "answer"? What the hell is "public money" and "private money"? Is he advocating that people have their bank accounts robbed and the government just takes the money away from people? And then lend it back to them at zero percent interest? I guess that would answer the question of where the money would come from. This guy was too left even for the NDP, so I am assuming he is a crack pot. So far you've done nothing to convince me that he isn't.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

oldtrucker wrote:'the green barbarian' and 'hassel99'... you came at me teeth bared like a pair of organs because I posted a possible monetary solution from a man with more knowledge than me. You asked me to explain myself( I didn't have time last night), and I posted a answer for you.
So, what is your expert opinion?

Is this "the Answer?"

Hellyer's proposals for monetary reform: that the government should become more involved in the direction of the economy by gradually reducing the creation of private money and increasing the creation of public money from the current ratio of 5% public / 95% private back to 50% public and 50% private.[7][8]

Could you please explain to me the answer in your own words?

Because this one sentence for a wiki is basically advocating the removing the capital (aka the means of production) out of the hands of the people into the hands of the state. That is the textbook definition of communism.

Would you agree or disagree? Why?

Sorry for the teeth, not trying to be mean, but people should put thought into things before they shotgun a half baked idea into the internet.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Hassel99 wrote: but people should put thought into things before they shotgun a half baked idea into the internet.

but then we'd have no one from the Left posting here, and then who would we make fun of after that? :D
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Last edited by flamingfingers on Mar 27th, 2018, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

It appears at least I got some people talking about the things we should be asking of our politicians. And for the idiots that don't think my ideas are any good at all, I ask, do you have any better ideas
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Hassel99 wrote:
common_sense_guy wrote:Would you vote for me if this was my platform.1- I would immediately look into the rates for electricity. The dams were built years ago and paid for by our parents tax dollars.. I believe it is Criminal what they are charging.2- I would make the rules so any politician found lying for personal gain would immediately lose their pension.3- I would freeze all salary increases for any politician Federal, provincial, local.4- I would immediately ban all non-canadians from being able to purchase property in Canada. Residential or agricultural. But would allow Outsiders to open businesses.4- I would immediately pay War veterans what they deserve as I believe all Canadians also feel this way.

No,
You sound utterly clueless.

So which of my four main points do you disagree with? That the Vets shouldn't get paid what they deserve Maybe?. Or maybe you like the price of electricity because you're rich and don't care about anybody else? Or maybe you don't like the idea of having politicians face consequences for destroying our trust in them. Maybe you're a politician. And if not it must be that you love the idea of foreign people that aren't even a Canadian citizen coming here and buying up all the land raising the prices for everybody else that was born here. Maybe it's because you are a foreigner. So I'm dying to hear the platform that you would run on. I'm sure that would be a real winner. I just want to see Canadians get their country back and be treated fairly and not taxed to death and if you got a problem with that then you're part of the problem. Yeah I sound like a real nut bar don't I. If you got any better ideas I'd love to hear them and I'm sure everybody else would love to see what side of the fence you sit on
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

brosy wrote:So which of my four main points do you disagree with?

Where did you post any points?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Although I don't always agree with you I would vote for you in a heartbeat if I thought you could accomplish 1/2 your goals common sense guy, for that matter if you decide to run let me know and I will see how much I can donate to your campaign.

any politician found lying for personal gain

In my opinion, a politician lying for personal gain has commited an act of treason, and should get charged as such.
Not a very light sentence, even in Canada.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/e ... e/treason/
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Easy to cherry pick items that appeal. Reality however is you have no clue as to governance. If you did you would recognize the immediate conflict just a few of your platform positions presented. Number one would be zero interest loans. What moron would buy Gov't backed debt that paid zero percent??? Maybe a taxpayer like yourself?
So no, you would never get my vote cuz you are clearly unqualified.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Vote for me.

Here is my platform:

I host a giant roast. Everyone of all traits and background are invited to get up on stage and in a good laugh make fun of each others quirky differences until we get it out of our systems. All good burns are not replied with hatred, but replied with a chuckle and a "good one". People are forbidden to look down during the event. They are allowed to look across and up. Everything is met with a warm smile.

Citizens must have protected sex with someone that roasted them the previous night.

Women act like women without reserve and aren't punished for their behaviour. They are held accountable.

Men act like men without reserve and aren't punished for their behaviour. They are held accountable.

Homeless people are granted a room in any home (effective immediately) valued over $300,000 that has an empty bedroom for more than 1 month of a year. Homes are randomly inspected by government officials to determine if all bedrooms in a home are occupied more than 11 months of a year. If a homeowner is caught with an empty room, they must give up their own bedroom for a homeless persons. Rooms are given up through a lottery type system.

All government and public service employees pay is minimum wage. They are required to post their time card every week to a public website for audit by anyone who cares to look that government employee up. They are individually audited every 2 years and the results publicly posted to the same publicly accessible website with no censorship. Government employees may not receive any income except for their minimum wage. Any other gifts or income beyond their minimum wage is confiscated and released to fund publicly voted ventures.

Every Canadian citizen is given the opportunity to run an already running and profitable business as soon as they have graduated high school. When a new graduate becomes available, an existing leader (CEO) must step down and fire themselves and look for employment in another company. Any existing managers and staff may offer leadership and guidance for the new CEO. After 3 years of success or failure, the individuals are given a government grant to start their own business based on their performance during their 3 years at the previous business. Any individual can only run a business for 3 years, they must hand their leadership role over to an individual that is not a relative or previous leader of any other business.

Prime Ministers can only run for 2 years max.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^Was that supposed to be funny?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

common_sense_guy wrote:It appears at least I got some people talking about the things we should be asking of our politicians. And for the idiots that don't think my ideas are any good at all, I ask, do you have any better ideas

No I wouldn’t vote for you. Yes, I have better ideas.
You and 71 others Like this post
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

What is your stance on SOGI123? Do you believe that kindergarteners should be taught that they may be a different gender than what they were born with? Also, do you believe that we should enact the Hate Speech legislation that Trudeau has been attempting, that makes even respectful disagreement with the gender fluid theory considered ‘hate speech’?

Return to “B.C.”