Earth Hour a Failure in BC

2castanet

Re: Earth Hour a Failure in BC

Post by 2castanet »

Of course it'll be a failure when the public don't know about it. Duh. Found about it on the New Zealand Herald, not in any BC papers or Castanet. Very poorly advertised in Canada, not just BC. Shows how necessary good reporting could be to influence the masses. Obviously this was not important anymore but it should be.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

In the last 2 years I have reduced my power consumption by 75% now I will learn Braille to save that last .05% that is achievable
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

I agree that the failure was not in the fact that the public didn't buy in, but in the fact that nobody knew about it. That's a failure of the organisers, not the people who wanted to be a part of it but only found out after it was over.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Maybe we could insist on a well advertised rerun?

Then we could 1.) oblige 2.) ignore 3.) protest by using more power

At the end of the day we could properly determine if Earth Day is symbolically important to us or a farce.

:up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
mandk

Post by mandk »

Who cares
an open mind is like an open wound,it catches every disease that comes along
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Where was David Suzuki this year? Usually you see him pumping this nonsense with his usual virtue signaling. Here was the year he was on Coaches Corner - it was hilarious!

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I didn't even know about Earth Hour this year. In fact, I slept through it now that I know when it was on.

[icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Too many other things going on in the world. People are getting overwhelmed by all of the distractions and they're just tuning everything out (I know I am).
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Good, it never meant anything anyway.

it was just a fancy way for hipsters to pat themselves on the back thinking they are "doing there part" once a year for an hour.
wisdom01

Post by wisdom01 »

techrtr wrote:Too many other things going on in the world. People are getting overwhelmed by all of the distractions and they're just tuning everything out (I know I am).

Absolutely correct ... we are inundated with special interest groups banging their drums ... because there is so much we just tune it all out ... tired of it all ...
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

One year someone will accidently shut off an infusion pump, or breathing machine, or something in the hopes of keeping those green people happy.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I just found it amusing that the island, bastion of the Green Party, the usage went up the most. LOL

Seems to indicate Weaver and his minions, don't practice what they preach. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”