Divine intervention or what for the NDP????

southy
Lord of the Board

Divine intervention or what for the NDP????

Post by southy »

So how does the provincial government go into business with the United Church. Is it just me, or is this really really out there. I mean, knowing the United Church's track record I have some fears about this partnership. I could be wrong it and it might be the best thing since the second coming ... however ...

Here is link: https://www.bclocalnews.com/news/provin ... n-nanaimo/
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Divine intervention or what for the NDP????

Post by flamingfingers »

^^^
In an announcement in Coquitlam Friday, Premier John Horgan announced a new HousingHub program which will bring together partnerships between local governments, Indigenous partners, non-profit and faith-based groups with BC Housing, including Brechin United Church in Nanaimo.

“Building affordable homes for middle-income people is key to tackling the housing crisis, and we have to work together to get it done,” Horgan said.

“That’s why we’ve created the HousingHub — to bring people and organizations together to build the homes people need, quickly.”

This is ONE church working with local government, indigenous partners, non-profit and faith-based groups.

I know you want to slur Horgan and the NDP but really, this simply does not cut it.
Chill
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Excuse me ... You know this how?????? Where have I slurred Horgan????? Did I mention Horgan?? get a grip!!!!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

It looks reasonable to me and if the church, albeit only one, is prepared to contribute to the community in this fashion then I might suggest it's a good idea and, perhaps, about time. How about other churches provide some property for development?
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Horgan was quoted in the link you provided.

You chose only the United Church to link to what Horgan announced.

I think the government should partner with other groups to provide housing - that provides solutions, not more problems.
Chill
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

southy wrote:Excuse me ... You know this how?????? Where have I slurred Horgan????? Did I mention Horgan?? get a grip!!!!

LOL, easy there southy. Most of us jump at a chance to bash Horgan here so I don't think FF intended to irritate you. It's all good. Grab a cold one. :130:
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Snman wrote:
southy wrote:Excuse me ... You know this how?????? Where have I slurred Horgan????? Did I mention Horgan?? get a grip!!!!

LOL, easy there southy. Most of us jump at a chance to bash Horgan here so I don't think FF intended to irritate you. It's all good. Grab a cold one. :130:

You know Snman you are absolutely correct. I should have said ... what the hell is Horgan doing partnering with the United Church???? I wonder, and I see it's not disclosed in the story what the government paid for that United Church property that Terry Harrison states the United Church has a lot of. Sounds like the UC is trying to generate a little extra cash for their coffers. Wasn't there also a recent story about the United Church selling off pieces of Naramata Centre. And please don't give me that they are doing it for the good of the community. Another interesting story I'm sure. In MY opinion politics is bad enough but when you combine a political party and a religious organization ..... just saying. Now I think I'll go grab another cold one. :130:

Return to “B.C.”