Child luring vigilantism

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Child luring vigilantism

Post by Treblehook »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/223663 ... igilantism

The above link refers:

Why didn't the police respond to this call on a priority basis? If it was reported to them as suggested in this story, it would seem to be a call that should have been considered a priority. The mother had every reason to believe this man intended to commit a sexual assault on her 13 year old daughter, and his arrival at her home would seem to confirm her fears. Finally,, this guy should feel lucky that he only ended up restrained in zap ties. I suspect there are a few homes where he would have gotten a serious beating and others where he would have found himself staring down the barrel of a 12 gauge. In the absence of details to the contrary, it seems the police dropped the ball on this one. When common sense was still alive and well in this country, there would be no discussion about charging this woman for assault or unlawful confinement or any other such nonsense. If I were her, I would be lodging a complaint against the police for failing to attend her call.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Child luring vigilantism

Post by my5cents »

Again, the RCMP come through for the public.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If that was one of my nieces (when they were 13), the police had better arrive (PDQ) before I turned that 28 year old man from a bull into a steer (if you know what I mean) permanently.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Here's a video clip that gives a few more details:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1370946
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

While I won't condone vigilantism I will say something seems messed up here regarding justice. One has to wonder if the RCMP, who had an active investigation ongoing, needed to wait for an actual crime to be committed by this creep. Further, I understand the necessity to charge that couple with confinement etc.. Will be interesting to see where the dust settles. I bet step dad is wishing that he'd given this creep a good beating and then dropped him off in some parking lot in view of how things turned out. Live and learn.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Something doesn't sound right with this story. If the guy actually came to her house expecting to meet a 13 year old as she alleges then the guy must have been told it's okay come on so either the kid is really trying to hook up with an older guy or the mom is pretending to be her daughter to lure a guy over. Either scenario would not be good. She should be controlling what her daughter is doing online if her kid is really trying to hook up with a guy. And if it's her pretending to be her daughter to lure someone over that's kind of messed up too. It'll be interesting when the facts come out
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

what messed up laws we have, the family is the bad guy now :swear:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

the truth wrote:what messed up laws we have, the family is the bad guy now :swear:

Well if it does turn out she was pretending to be her daughter and giving out their home address for a stranger to come over. How smart is that as a parent. What if the guy didn't come over that night. Now he's got their address and maybe he'll decide to come over another night when she's not prepared for it. That's just incredibly careless for a parent to do if that turns out to be the case. Someone from that house had to give the guy their address. That is merely all I am stating that something doesn't sound right. And unlike most other people on here I'll wait for the facts before I pass judgement on the police.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Typical police threaten and intimidate the victim with charges, self defense and defense of your 13 year old child in not vigilantism.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

coffeeFreak wrote:Here's a video clip that gives a few more details:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1370946

The huge mistake was posting anything on the internet.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

monilynno wrote:Typical police threaten and intimidate the victim with charges, self defense and defense of your 13 year old child in not vigilantism.

It sounds like the police wanted this pervert to commit another crime for whatever reason. More evidence to lay charges which would likely have resulted in a few months in jail. The police screwed up by stating the sex deviant was under investigation.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The mother lured the guy. Says so on the CTV story.

Not sure what to think of all this. Kinda seems like a set up. Kinda seems like a legit pd off momma bear. I don have enough info to know either way
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “B.C.”