Grinning Johnny wasn't grinning this AM

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Grinning Johnny wasn't grinning this AM

Post by southy »

Mark1111 wrote:To be clear Notley is not a bully. But she did get the nod to turn back the oil today. She won’t do it right away because she really doesn’t want to. I choose to believe she would prefer an alternative. But bear in mind that her political provincial opponents (read predators) will eviscerate her if she doesn’t push forward. And it’s all win-win for them. The NDP are playing with fire here and they have backed themselves into a corner anticipating Trudeau would back down on Sunday. They’re a new government and this is heady stuff but they sorta know they are out of their depth on this one (Note Weaver cheerfully smiling from the sidelines-speaking of wins). Kind of like the first time you have sex. Exciting but you know you’re clueless and your just hoping no one’s taking notes. Light, camera, action!

Who is this Weaver person you speak of??? :130:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Mark1111 wrote:To be clear Notley is not a bully. But she did get the nod to turn back the oil today. She won’t do it right away because she really doesn’t want to. I choose to believe she would prefer an alternative. But bear in mind that her political provincial opponents (read predators) will eviscerate her if she doesn’t push forward. And it’s all win-win for them. The NDP are playing with fire here and they have backed themselves into a corner anticipating Trudeau would back down on Sunday. They’re a new government and this is heady stuff but they sorta know they are out of their depth on this one (Note Weaver cheerfully smiling from the sidelines-speaking of wins). Kind of like the first time you have sex. Exciting but you know you’re clueless and your just hoping no one’s taking notes. Light, camera, action!

You're right about the UCP predators, and I know why Notley's acting like a bully, but there comes a time when a politician should put her conscience before her desire to win at all costs. That's the trouble with politics; it's a blood-sport in which only the fittest survive. The people become nothing but pawns in their elected officials' horrible little games.
Transient

Post by Transient »

I'm curious why so many people here speak about protecting the environment like it's a bad thing? Do you not care about what we leave behind for future generations?

If the pipeline poses little risk like some people seem to be suggesting, then why can't we get some guarantees?

Like it or not, we'll all be paying higher gas prices if Alberta follows through with their threat, not just the anti-pipeline bunch. You might think that'll pressure people in BC to call on Premier Horgan to give in, and I'm sure it will to some extent, but also consider that we're the same province that backed out of the HST at great cost to ourselves just to make a point.

I don't have a deeply entrenched position on either side of the debate, but I don't like a bully. If the cost of standing up for one's principles is higher gas prices, then so be it. Conversely, if Alberta backed off a bit and offered up some sort of compromise, then I'd be more inclined to support them, but the current approach isn't doing anything to win me over.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Transient wrote:I'm curious why so many people here speak about protecting the environment like it's a bad thing? Do you not care about what we leave behind for future generations?

If the pipeline poses little risk like some people seem to be suggesting, then why can't we get some guarantees?

Like it or not, we'll all be paying higher gas prices if Alberta follows through with their threat, not just the anti-pipeline bunch. You might think that'll pressure people in BC to call on Premier Horgan to give in, and I'm sure it will to some extent, but also consider that we're the same province that backed out of the HST at great cost to ourselves just to make a point.

I don't have a deeply entrenched position on either side of the debate, but I don't like a bully. If the cost of standing up for one's principles is higher gas prices, then so be it. Conversely, if Alberta backed off a bit and offered up some sort of compromise, then I'd be more inclined to support them, but the current approach isn't doing anything to win me over.

:up: :up:
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Transient wrote:I'm curious why so many people here speak about protecting the environment like it's a bad thing? Do you not care about what we leave behind for future generations?

interesting thoughts. if the right can be passionate about ayn rand/anti communist or business is the only way - then why is it wrong to be contrary to that? and to defuse the predictable - the liberals were terrible with our money. so why not let someone else have a go?
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

christopher wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
That's not going to happen and you know it. Trudeau's going to be eating crow when he loses that jurisdictional argument, and B.C. will be paying less at the pumps when we stop Rachel and her CAPP goons from shipping any more dilbit through B.C, including trains, trucks, and the existing TM pipeline.

If he isn't already, Horgan should be making a deal with the US to ship some of their crude to B.C. in order to supplement our own oil that is presently being shipped to AB for refining. That crude oil can be shipped to B.C. refineries as well. We don't need Alberta bitumen.

You really have no idea how any of this works

You really have no idea how B.C. works, especially when we have our government on our side.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Cactusflower wrote:really have no idea how B.C. works, especially when we have our government on our side.

WINNING - charlie sheen style!
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Why should Alberta back off, when it's our buffoon unelected Premier that's responsible for current conditions, and that only in a desperate effort to cling to power, which he'd lose if he did the right thing.

This is what happens when instead of the people, you put your own priorities first, and align yourself with a fringe party of lunatics.

There are plenty of NDP supporters who want to see this pipeline built, instead we see our Premier (gag) kiss up to Weaver and the NDP party radicals, who are funded by foreign money and on a mission to sabotage the Canadian economy.

What we in fact have is anything but the "stable government" Horgan assured the Lieutenant Governor he could provide.

He should have been given the boot the moment he dipped his hands into our treasury to pay NDP party debts, after categorically denying he would do that before the election.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Horgan is the premier of B.C. no matter how many BC Liberal losers gnash their teeth and stomp their feet. Your party had 16 years to do something right for the people of B.C. and they didn't. All they did was grovel at the feet of their corporate donors. They sold B.C. for 'thirty pieces of silver' and it's going to take a long time to get it back. Everything that's wrong with B.C. right now is the fault of the greedy, corrupt BC Liberals. That's why I'm backing Horgan and Weaver all the way.

As the late, great actor, Walter Matthau used to say, "Eat my shorts!"
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Cactusflower wrote:Horgan is the premier of B.C. no matter how many BC Liberal losers gnash their teeth and stomp their feet. Your party had 16 years to do something right for the people of B.C. and they didn't. All they did was grovel at the feet of their corporate donors. They sold B.C. for 'thirty pieces of silver' and it's going to take a long time to get it back. Everything that's wrong with B.C. right now is the fault of the greedy, corrupt BC Liberals. That's why I'm backing Horgan and Weaver all the way.

I'm gonna reconsider the soup I think, your shorts don't sound too appetizing.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

trudeau approved the pipeline. and now he has given the green light to turn down the taps. so what? we still have a legal and justice system in this country. now there is yet another challenge that may well bite the federal liberals in the *bleep*.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/alberta-legislation-gas-prices-1.4622482
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:Horgan is the premier of B.C. no matter how many BC Liberal losers gnash their teeth and stomp their feet. Your party had 16 years to do something right for the people of B.C. and they didn't. All they did was grovel at the feet of their corporate donors. They sold B.C. for 'thirty pieces of silver' and it's going to take a long time to get it back. Everything that's wrong with B.C. right now is the fault of the greedy, corrupt BC Liberals. That's why I'm backing Horgan and Weaver all the way.

Spoken as though you think he actually has a chance of winning an election. [icon_lol2.gif]

He simply lucked out and managed to capitalize on a number of Liberals trying to do the right thing and send their party a message.

Meanwhile you and your ilk are under this misguided notion that the inept fool has some sort of mandate to behave the way he is. He doesn't give two hoots about your agenda, but rather is simply doing what he must, to appease the radicals he's beholden to.

I guess someone forgot that Dix lost an election, because of his last minute flip flop on the pipeline.

Oh and you can keep your shorts. Some of us have standards.

Snman wrote:

I'm gonna reconsider the soup I think, your shorts don't sound too appetizing.

Smart move considering they are in dire need of changing. :200:

Not enough Ajax in the world to clean that dirty laundry. [icon_lol2.gif]
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:Horgan is the premier of B.C. no matter how many BC Liberal losers gnash their teeth and stomp their feet.

It's not just BC Liberals gnashing their teeth, it's anyone in BC with a functioning brain. The unelected NDP losers are doing a really crappy job, and demonstrating why they are such giant losers indeed, losing the last five elections in a row. What losers!

Your party had 16 years to do something right for the people of B.C. and they didn't.

And yet they won five elections in a row, while the NDP lost five elections in a row. They must have been doing lots for the people of BC, though I will admit their biggest selling feature was that they weren't the scumbag NDP. That's a big advantage.

All they did was grovel at the feet of their donors.

Not quite true, but all the NDP does is grovel at the feet of their union handlers, and the lying scumbag Weaver, so everyone has to grovel to someone.

They sold B.C. for 'thirty pieces of silver' and it's going to take a long time to get it back. Everything that's wrong with B.C. right now is the fault of the greedy, corrupt BC Liberals.

Just pure *bleep*. There's lots good about BC, but we are watching the brainless moron NDP destroy it, day by agonizing day. Those unelected losers need to go.

That's why I'm backing Horgan and Weaver all the way.

And that's why those two dishonest liars are going down. All the have left supporting them are the insanely stupid, and the just plain insane.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

:up: Word!
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Spoken as though you think he actually has a chance of winning an election. [icon_lol2.gif]

He simply lucked out and managed to capitalize on a number of Liberals trying to do the right thing and send their party a message.

Meanwhile you and your ilk are under this misguided notion that the inept fool has some sort of mandate to behave the way he is. He doesn't give two hoots about your agenda, but rather is simply doing what he must, to appease the radicals he's beholden to.

I guess someone forgot that Dix lost an election, because of his last minute flip flop on the pipeline.

wow. the bounds of delusion have no boundaries. the whole way leading up to the final count of the election - all of the right wing cheerleaders claimed victory. and then - the ndp took power much to their dismay. how smug do you have to be to now claim that liberal voters somehow were the main contributors of the ndp victory? the honorable thing to do would be to concede defeat. horgan has every bit as much chance as the unproven leader you hardly hear from in the liberals. and i think that is by design. christy never missed a chance for a photo op. but invisibility only gives the liberal leader favor with blind followers like some we see here everyday. not everybody else that sees the decent job horgan is doing every day. horgan and the ndp are far from fools. they showed their skill in negotiation and were able to get the green party on board. something the fools in the liberal party were not able to do. if the party and their principles and unquestioned abilities were never in question - they would have wooed the green party and locked in their win. but alas they didnt.

Return to “B.C.”