John Horgan's NDP are falling in the polls.

Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

John Horgan's NDP are falling in the polls.

Post by Leifer »

Looks like John Horgan's NDP are falling in the polls, no doubt thanks to their big tax increases and foolish fight against the Trans Mountain pipeline. Mainstreet Research has a new #bcpoli poll today:

BC Liberals 36.8%
NDP 34.8%
Greens 15.7%
BC Conservatives 11.4%
Other 1.4%

Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: John Horgan's NDP are falling in the polls.

Post by GordonH »

Breaking News:
The government is doing a name change, always known by is about to be official.

The Government of British Columbia will now be known as Government of Bring Cash

**without it you are f :cuss: ed

:laugh:

utilities have gone up, fuel gone up, groceries gone up, taxes have gone up.... whats gone down in price
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

GordonH wrote:Breaking News:

The Government of British Columbia will now be known as Government of Bring Cash

utilities have gone up, fuel gone up, groceries gone up, taxes have gone up.... whats gone down in price

Perhaps the value of our homes and BC investments
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

There is no doubt in my mind that it is opposition to the KM pipeline that is sinking NDP popularity. Because the KM protests have raised awareness of how dependent on pipelines our current gas supply is. And on how increasing pipeline capacity may help bring our gas prices more in line with the rest of Canada.

Awareness of the value of increased pipeline capacity has become particularly acute following the current gas price increases in BC, and the large gap between prices here and everywhere else.

A lot of folks simply didn't realize that so much of our gas supply comes through already existing pipelines from Alberta, and that it is lack of capacity in those pipelines that contributes to many of our gas woes here on the west coast.

If Horgan had stood up to Heyman and his ilk, the NDP may have had a chance at re-election next time around. But as it is, the same fears that kept many folks voting NDP in the past, will now guarantee those folks won't vote NDP in the future.

The Liberals must be laughing very hard as they wait for the next election.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I think a lot of folks are realizing that the BC NDP party has become a LEAP party in NDP clothing.

If the BC NDP had run on a LEAP platform they would have maybe garnered 15% of the vote. Interesting to note that the little Green toads are down as well.

The "working people's" BC NDP of the past is losing the the civil war for the soul of the BC NDP. Private sector unions are turning away from the BC NDP, as they have been expressing opposition to foolish policies that are falling on deaf ears. Notlet's "working people's" NDP are definitely opposed to this foolish gang of LEAP idiots. Federally, it appears Jagmeet has no answers at all, and is running and hiding - while trying to point the finger at the Liberals and Conservatives.

In many ways it is the old story of the BC NDP radicals destroying any attempts by the BC NDP to govern rationally and to govern with the balance that benefits all. It happened to Dave Barrett, it happened to Mike Harcourt, and in a lesser way it happened to Carole James who rebuilt the party from the ashes.

While the BC Liberals had the balance a bit wrong - even though they still won the election - the BC NDP have fallen victim to the LEAPers, and there is no balance at all.

It is a bit of a shame in some ways. Much as I find Eby to be a bit too ready to put party first, he is doing some credible work. Judy D'Arcy, given an almost impossible task, has done a credible job so far. Michelle Mungall has been a pleasant surprise and has so far done a very credible job. Adrian Dix, despite my misgivings about his integrity, has been doing a very reasonable job with the health ministry. The rest are running D's and F's ... or have actually done nothing. The budget that Carole James produced is a sad and sorry mess, with the fingerprints of the LEAPers and "soup nazi" (Seinfeld) radicals all over it.

Whatever good the BC NDP have done in shifting the government focus has more than been trodden over by the LEAPers. The LEAPers are working very hard to close down the economy of BC for anyone who actually works at producing something, building something. The snobbery of the little Green toads that are busy tail wagging is apparent to all regular folks.

In the end, there is no vision, nothing workable in the long term coming out of this so called government. It is 1 step forward from the 4 ministers that seem to be actually trying to govern, and 5 steps backward from the LEAPers and other radicals that John Horgan does not have the capability to either lead or control.

In the end, it comes down to simple questions that the LEAPers and radicals don't care answer. Questions like:

1. What good is no MSP premiums if you can't find a job or lose your job?
2. What good are over reaching "tenants rights" if there is nothing to rent?
3. What good does it do for "housing affordability" to attack the price of high end homes, $3 million plus, etc. if the most affordable homes still keep rising?
4. What good does it do to force empty homes into the rental market if the rents are too high for the demographic that wants rental accommodation?
5. What good comes of eliminating the bridge tolls? Nothing. It is counter productive. Especially when the bridge tolls will be replaced with "congestion point tolls" or some other euphemism for bridge tolls.
6. Why build a replacement Patullo bridge without dedicated bus lanes or a mass transit provision for the future? (Dedicated bus lanes, as the Liberals planned for the defunct Masset tunnel replacement, can be engineered to accommodate mass transit options in the future, but provide an immediate beneficiary option).

Without a vision, without an overall cohesive plan, it is just anarchy - and that is what we are seeing, floundering from from one pragmatic mistake to another. Not surprising as the BC NDP so called platform never had a plan within it, no costing, no budgeting, no taxation plan... nothing. We are seeing the playing out of the principle "a failure to plan is a plan to fail".

This only the beginning. The LEAPers and little Green toads don't care about the average citizen, just keeping their narrow ideologically constipated and entirely unworkable agenda foisted upon the BC and Canada.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Merry wrote:The Liberals must be laughing very hard as they wait for the next election.

I think the Liberals are just giving the NDP enough rope the hang themselves. If the NDP keeps going the way that it is, the Greens will kick the chair out from under them and watch Horgan to swing in the breeze. The more damage that the NDP are allowed to cause will just guarantee that they won't be back in the game for many years to come.
Bring back the LIKE button.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Horgan disingenuously claiming "I work for the people of British Columbia". Uh-huh. 55% support building the pipeline ya dufus.

Grinning Johnny doesn't work for "the people of British Columbia" - he works for the BC NDP/LEAP and what he perceives is political advantage for him and his sham of party. What a snollygoster!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

hobbyguy wrote:Horgan disingenuously claiming "I work for the people of British Columbia". Uh-huh. 55% support building the pipeline ya dufus.

Grinning Johnny doesn't work for "the people of British Columbia" - he works for the BC NDP/LEAP and what he perceives is political advantage for him and his sham of party. What a snollygoster!

Only 25.2% of registered voters of BC actually voted for him (that goes up to 35.7% if add the Greens votes)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

GordonH wrote:Breaking News:

Horgan stock would be my answer. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Not surprising. I would have voted for Donald Trump if it meant getting rid of Christy Clark. However, I'm starting to think that Horgan is a useless +!+ for not standing up to the Kinder Morgan protesters and saying "tough +!++ies, we have an agreement and it's going to happen." Start with this and the economy of BC will be ruined just like it was under previous NDP governments.
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

techrtr wrote: However, I'm starting to think that Horgan is a useless +!+ for not standing up to the Kinder Morgan protesters and saying "tough +!++ies, we have an agreement and it's going to happen." Start with this and the economy of BC will be ruined just like it was under previous NDP governments.

Huh?

The NDP campaign included a commitment to blocking this project. They are actually following through with their campaign promise, which frankly, is not typical of most politicians who say whatever they need to say to get elected, then do whatever they want.

Regardless, this is a perfect example of why uniformed people should not vote .. because they don't really know who or what they are voting for half the time.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

delSol97 wrote:
techrtr wrote: However, I'm starting to think that Horgan is a useless +!+ for not standing up to the Kinder Morgan protesters and saying "tough +!++ies, we have an agreement and it's going to happen." Start with this and the economy of BC will be ruined just like it was under previous NDP governments.

Huh?

The NDP campaign included a commitment to blocking this project. They are actually following through with their campaign promise, which frankly, is not typical of most politicians who say whatever they need to say to get elected, then do whatever they want.

Regardless, this is a perfect example of why uniformed people should not vote .. because they don't really know who or what they are voting for half the time.

"Say whatever they need to say to get elected, then do whatever they want."

You mean like Horgan assuring us, that no way would he resort to using our tax dollars, to support political parties?

That's a pretty big flip flop right there!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Let's not forget....He and his party were NOT elected.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

delSol97 wrote:
Regardless, this is a perfect example of why uniformed people should not vote .. .

uniformed people? Like cops?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
delSol97 wrote:
Regardless, this is a perfect example of why uniformed people should not vote .. .

uniformed people? Like cops?

Security guards, military? How about those in civilian uniforms....men in suits, lawyers, politicians, bankers....how about those that wear long white coats like Drs......nurses?

Boy that sure leaves a lot of intelligent people out of the voting pool. That would just leave NDP voters.

Return to “B.C.”