ICBC fraud rampant

my5cents
Guru

Re: ICBC fraud rampant

Post by my5cents »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 26th, 2018, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 26th, 2018, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How on earth did a thread about ICBC fraud rates turn into an NDP bash liberals thread. Unbelievable
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

off topic. contact admin.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Rob Shaw

Verified account

@robshaw_vansun
Follow Follow @robshaw_vansun
More
The Liberals have a lot of chutzpah to front a bizarre conspiracy theory that the NDP made ICBC's finances look worse than they are for the purpose of picking on the Liberals.
Eby says he's "shocked and amazed" at the questions.
No kidding.

4:52 PM - 29 May 2018
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Rob Shaw

Verified account

@robshaw_vansun
More
Yap now asks if the CFO who was in place during ICBC's losses is now acting CEO. Eby points out he's wrong on that too.
Man. Someone give Yap the hook.

4:59 PM - 29 May 2018
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Rob Shaw

Verified account

@robshaw_vansun
More
Just when you think the BCLibs have their stuff together in opposition, you watch an MLA like @John_Yap give a performance like that where not only do Libs fail to acknowledge how badly they screwed up ICBC but they construct a fantasy scenario to pin it on the NDP. Just. Wow.
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

At least one BC Lib has the right perspective:
Attachments
boring....jpg
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

No BC Lib supporters going to defend Yap?

Oh well, guess you can't defend the undefensible - again.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ The topic is "ICBC fraud rampant."
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:^^ The topic is "ICBC fraud rampant."

So that is supposed to excuse the BC Liberals from aspects of ICBC fraud that occurred while they were in power? What did they do to control ICBC fraud claims over their 16 years in power?
Chill
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

Cactusflower wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:ICBC's days are numbered, probably one or two elections away.

Well, Jimmy, the BC Libs were certainly on their way to having ICBC 'dismantled', but luckily British Columbians were smart enough to kick them to the curb, and now our new govenment is working very hard to restore it to its original glory.

(Sorry I won't be around to argue with you further. It's time to hit the beach.)

You forgot to indicate your comment was sarcasm.

Friends in Lethbridge have the exact same car ( 2016 Kia ) as ours except for color, and they pay just under $800 for almost identical coverage. It's pretty horrible that when are involved in a collision in BC that our first call is to a lawyer to battle with ICBC then we call the Police. With private insurance, we get competitive rates and the Insurance companies themselves soon weed out the bad drivers. Private companies can always refuse to insure someone.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Too many here work directly or indirectly with ICBC for facts to matter, which is why they are still around.
Times are changing tough
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Wow. Bike to work week ... oughta drive insurance rates up. Whats the mid week total ? 2 hit in the first hour. Never heard another update after that.

ICBC is quite slow in my opinion to pay claims. I wish i had gotten a lawyer to deal with ICBC on my behalf. I think a lot of working people are paying. Not getting much for insurance when something does go wrong. Then at the end of the year. ICBC brass increases rates again and gives each other a big round of raises.

The fact its government insurance does not have to be bad. I look to SGI. They compete in Alberta and Ontario. As well they have their own market at home . Why ICBC does not compete is beyond me. If they wont compete in Alberta they should at very least open the door to competition here.

Having often worked out of province the territory z thing is bogus as well.
Every vehicle ought to be insured to drive to nova scotia . We are citizens of Canada.

Albertans pay less for trucks. Pay less for gas and if they are not crash test dummies pay better rates for insurance.

SGI in Saskatchewan is even better than Alberta private insurance and its government.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:
Urbane wrote:^^ The topic is "ICBC fraud rampant."

So that is supposed to excuse the BC Liberals from aspects of ICBC fraud that occurred while they were in power? What did they do to control ICBC fraud claims over their 16 years in power?

Not enough.

Now, we wait to see how well the current government's efforts to solve the problem will pan out.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “B.C.”