Horgan vows to fight on

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Horgan vows to fight on

Post by flamingfingers »

How risible for the BC Liberal right whingers to foam at the mouth, twisting their underpants into knots accusing the present government of corruption, sleazy backroom deals and an 'unelected' premier.

All this after 16 years of provable sleazy backroom deals that rewarded corporate donors with juicy contracts, displayed no fiduciary responsibility (ICBC debt, BC Hydro debt, stealing from these to 'balance the budget) and a leader of their party who couldn't even win in her own riding but had to push out an elected MLA so she could hijack the riding and cling to power. Talk about 'usurping power'!!!!

Man, that is the height of STUPIDITY!!
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:How risible for the BC Liberal right whingers to foam at the mouth, twisting their underpants into knots accusing the present government of corruption, sleazy backroom deals and an 'unelected' premier.

This is the only defence of the insane NDP mouth-breathers. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable how you guys can sit there and watch this debacle unfold, and just parrot this nonsense in reply. So pathetic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Man, that is the epitome of STUPID!!

Couldn't agree more.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

burnedatstake wrote:im glad to see my elected premier doing a great job

when was he elected premier? When did he do a great job?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^"stupidity' point proven!!
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

burnedatstake wrote:you think im not gonna cut and paste a response in regards to cut and paste whining from liberal supporters? each cut and paste deserves a cut and paste response. its a circle of life thing.

I am not a Liberal supporter, I still vote for the candidate, not the party, I'm more than happy to vote differently next time if my MLA or MP lets me down.
What I am is a taxpayer, a voter, a native British Columbian, and a citizen of Canada. I can not, and will not support anyone who thinks they can apply a special tax to me because my house went up in value, or I made some decent investments because I scrimped and saved so I wouldn't have to go on welfare when I retire. This "Premier" does not speak for me, nor does he speak for the majority of British Columbians, he was not elected by the majority of British Columbians. It is clear that he in no way supports BC being part of Canada. If he wants to leave Canada, that's his business, he can pack a bag and get on a plane. Why ? Because the majority of British Columbians do not support his in his blocking of the pipeline, they want jobs, they want economic activity, they would like the corporate world contribute to the tax pot too. I don't think Horgan wanted to destroy the economy, but that has not slowed him down, he is doing a bang up job of making us a have not province again. If Horgan is good at anything, it's failure, the top of his resume should read "Failure for hire"
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:How risible for the BC Liberal right whingers to foam at the mouth, twisting their underpants into knots accusing the present government of corruption, sleazy backroom deals and an 'unelected' premier.

All this after 16 years of provable sleazy backroom deals that rewarded corporate donors with juicy contracts, displayed no fiduciary responsibility (ICBC debt, BC Hydro debt, stealing from these to 'balance the budget) and a leader of their party who couldn't even win in her own riding but had to push out an elected MLA so she could hijack the riding and cling to power. Talk about 'usurping power'!!!!

Man, that is the height of STUPIDITY!!
Your waaaaay off topic flaming. "Horgan vows to fight on" is the actual topic. When you deflect and change the subject completely, and it's usually to talk about the BC Liberals yet again, it's just an admission that you're embarrassed with the present government. We all see the broken promises, the incompetence, and as per the topic of this thread the money being thrown away on a losing battle.

Sadly, that losing battle isn't just a losing battle for Horgan. It's not good for Canada. I keep hoping that Horgan will see reality staring him in the face and change course but I'm not holding my breath.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

mikest2 wrote:a special tax to me because my house went up in value, or I made some decent investments because I scrimped and saved so I wouldn't have to go on welfare when I retire.

i suppose that the only thing to get used to is your whining. you must have been naive if you thought government of any stripe wasnt gonna try to figure out how to get what you scrimped and saved.
the only difference is that it is the turn of your group to be affected by taxes and fees. for 16 years it was those others close to being on welfare who were systematically liquidated. it was those who were making a living who got letters from hydro saying that their consumption went up 6 percent - when it was actually rates going up 6 percent on a regular basis.
why? your vote for your preferred party that sheltered you and your ilk - affected everyone else.
if things are so bad be a greeter in walmart. you dont have to go on welfare. suck it up buttercup
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urbane wrote:I keep hoping that Horgan will see reality staring him in the face and change course but I'm not holding my breath.

you are not holding your diatribes against the ndp neither obviously. all because they have a way of doing things differently than you have grown accustomed to and took for granted.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

burnedatstake wrote:
you are not holding your diatribes against the ndp neither obviously. all because they have a way of doing things differently than you have grown accustomed to and took for granted.

Doing things differently = doing things as stupidly as possible. The NDP way.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Horgan way of doing things:

1. Don't win the election.
2. Make a sleazy backroom deal with the liar Greens.
3. Defy Canadian parliamentary tradition and illegitimately usurp power.
4. Don't have a clue or a plan as to what to next, except steal taxpayer $$$ to pay for his incompetently run and bankrupt excuse for a party.
5. Because he is clueless and intellectually bankrupt, carry with the Liberal budget and initiatives except for payoffs to the lunatic commie clique that runs the BCTF and the completely reckless policy of eliminating the bridge tolls (to be replaced by "congestion point tolls").
6. When the BC NDP/LEAP finally do release a budget plan, they drive employers away from the province, don't listen to expert advice, and just barge ahead with ideologically constipated half baked notions that don't work, can't work.
7. When faced with the worst of the internal problems, don't stand up and lead, just jellyfish and let every tinfoil hat radical in the party push him around. Yup, a real "leader" - oops, party leaders are elected, wee small man Johnny wasn't.
8. Ignore government lawyer advice and proceed with an unconstitutional and lawless agenda to block a privately funded and approved federal project. Allow the village idiot George Heyman, who conspired with gutless (remaining anonymous) green anarchists, to run amok and start an inter-provincial trade war, and a war with the feds.
9. When clearly wrong, be such a small person as not to be able to admit you were being a dumb dodo and back down - because you are afraid, afraid of your own sleazy shadow, and only interested in $$$ for you that you are stealing from taxpayers. No spine at all, and no ethics. A fraidy cat, afraid of looney Lana, afraid of the village idiot George Heyman, and afraid of his LEAPers, afraid of the little green toads. Fear clouds what tiny bit of judgement you once had...
10. So morally bankrupt that you actively encourage the lawless and so lacking in integrity that you try to foist your own mistakes on others. Ya, the feds should do something about gasoline prices - after you just raised them and are fighting increased supply. What a dolt!
11. Launch a legal challenge to say that BC, as a province, has the right to determine what flows through a federal pipeline. Then launch legal challenge to say that Alberta, as a province, has no right to determine what flows through a federal pipeline. Which is it doofus Johnny? Of course the latter, which means the former was totally specious nonsense and you are just a waste of space and taxpayer $$$.

And so jellyfish Johnny and his merry band of village idiots, misfits, sleazy cheats and thieves, lunatic LEAPers and complete fluff ups soldier on - and make BC the laughing stock of Canada, and a complete embarrassment.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”