NDP add 22 new paramedic positions

kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

NDP add 22 new paramedic positions

Post by kelownman »

OMG, how dare the NDP waste money and resources to add 16 permanent full-time paramedic positions have been added to Kelowna and four positions in West Kelowna and two in Lake Country!
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#236748

I cant wait for the BC Lieberal sycophants to loudly denounce this measure!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: NDP add 22 new paramedic positions

Post by hobbyguy »

kelownman wrote:OMG, how dare the NDP waste money and resources to add 16 permanent full-time paramedic positions have been added to Kelowna and four positions in West Kelowna and two in Lake Country!

Nope. Adrian Dix has been one of two bright spots in an otherwise ignorant farce for governance.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

I doubt anyone will have a problem with this.
It’s the other bonehead “initiatives” Johnyboy and company have implemented that got/get people riled up.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

hobbyguy wrote:
kelownman wrote:OMG, how dare the NDP waste money and resources to add 16 permanent full-time paramedic positions have been added to Kelowna and four positions in West Kelowna and two in Lake Country!

Nope. Adrian Dix has been one of two bright spots in an otherwise ignorant farce for governance.

And if Adrian Dix is one of the two bright spots that the NDP-Greenies have to offer , were in a world of big time hurt .
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

It sounds wonderful, provided we aren't creating more of a problem elsewhere. Does anyone know, do we have enough paramedics to fill these positions without drawing them in from the rural areas, leaving them short? Or if they've found a way to properly compensate the on-call paramedics?

Cameron Eby with the Ambulance Paramedics of BC explains the downfalls of the on-call system here: https://www.citynews1130.com/2017/12/22 ... ait-times/
and:
Another obstacle he points to is trying to recruit paramedics to remote regions where the pay isn’t great and many don’t want to live there.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

This is good news, I don't see people crapping on good news.

What we do see here is when the Gov does bad Liberals give fault to the party doing wrong and the NDP faithful only criticize one party and never their own.

Why the OP wanted to crap on increased paramedics is beyond me. Our Healthcare budgets are stretched thin but someone did some good work to get some expansion done.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

As much as I like to rag on the NDP, they aren't all bad. Even back in the 1990s when they came to power there was only 1 provincial park. Anyway, within 1 term in office there were close to a dozen new parks, and that legacy is still there today.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Glacier wrote:As much as I like to rag on the NDP, they aren't all bad. Even back in the 1990s when they came to power there was only 1 provincial park. Anyway, within 1 term in office there were close to a dozen new parks, and that legacy is still there today.

Even blindly throwing darts you'll hit the odd bullseye. I like the bullseye's, it's just the missing that I dislike.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Veovis wrote:Even blindly throwing darts you'll hit the odd bullseye. I like the bullseye's, it's just the missing that I dislike.

Hitting the board once every blue moon is an awesome record. At least for the NDG.
I would give this a single bull not a double. And they have never hit a triple anything. Though no government has ever hit a "Won Undred Aaaaa Teee". Although the 77-2 was close. Give that a treble 19. Or was it a NDP bounce back from a wire hit that impacted their foot?
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

The N.D.P. also announced 20 new conservation officer positions.

At last count, it turns out 10 were hired to replace 10 retirements, and 4 were hired to kick people out of Elephant Hill after the fire closures were renewed. Six positions still have not been recruited for.

The devil is always in the details with political announcements.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

kelownman wrote:

thank you NDP for wisely spending our money on this area. Now if you could stop stupidly spending it in almost every other section of government we'd appreciate it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The responses on here have proven you completely wrong. Adding the paramedic positions seems like a good move to me.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It is a good idea. And that idea was a Liberal idea that the NDP are just now going to fulfill. They waited long enough so most would forget that $91.4 Million was put forth in March 2017 by Terry Lake for this very thing.
The NDP have no plan that works unless it was first announced by the Liberals. They are announcing already announced programs but trying to make it seem that it's their idea.
And the brain dead supporters of this garbage party are cheering up and down. Ummm....it wasn't your idea. :135:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Are these entitled, unionized jobs? Ones that have lavish health benefits? Sick leave? Gold-plated pensions?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Well, despite the effort to get non-NDP voters to trash this move by Adrian Dix what we have is support for the idea. There goes the premise of this thread! Good to see the move made to add paramedic positions. Just because Horgan has broken a lot of promises, and just because the NDP is doing a lot of things wrong, doesn't mean that the present government can't do something positive now and again.

Return to “B.C.”