Gas Pipeline Explosion

twobits
Guru

Re: Gas Pipeline Explosion

Post by twobits »

burnedatstake wrote:why on earth should a consumer help out a profit based company? thats absurd. especially when there has not been a drop in prices for the product ever. its always petitions to the utilities commission for increases which they always get. how exactly has that helped out the consumer? sorry - my natural gas is flowing freely. no chance in hell im making sure a shareholder gets a break for their inferior pipeline construction.

Sorry Mod's, but I have to call a moron a moron when I see it.

Burnedatstake, you are pathetic if you do not understand the difference between a corporate profit and an emergency that could leave some very vulnerable people without heat or the ability to cook.
This post of yours clearly demonstrates your agenda. You are not even a social activist. You are a masked rioter breaking windows and torching cars. Society does not advance with people that are just bitter over their own failures in life.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

twobits wrote:Burnedatstake, you are pathetic if you do not understand the difference between a corporate profit and an emergency that could leave some very vulnerable people without heat or the ability to cook.
This post of yours clearly demonstrates your agenda. You are not even a social activist. You are a masked rioter breaking windows and torching cars. Society does not advance with people that are just bitter over their own failures in life.

holy naive batman! so - you are saying that the ONLY resource available is that consumer product which goes through that line? and that there is no resources heading straight down to the US or onto ships for sale? just stop the gas from getting out of province and being sold for a bit. problem solved. we are not here to subsidize companies - sorry the emergency is theirs. we give them far too much already. if there was a problem on some poor consumers home that had to do with fortis gas - would they move all their opportunities for hook up fees and fix the problem right away? i think not. benevolence my :cuss:
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Twobits. Get a grip man!

Those are NOT his failures that makes him a bitter selfish cynic.

It is everyone ELSE who has failed, purposely, just to make his life what it is.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Catsumi wrote:Twobits. Get a grip man!

Those are NOT his failures that makes him a bitter selfish cynic.

It is everyone ELSE who has failed, purposely, just to make his life what it is.

One does make their own luck
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

In the past. RCMP have blown up pipeline installations and wellheads. To frame Weibo Ludwig. This is documented in court . 50/50. Cops or activists. I doubt it was natural explosion just out of the blue thin air.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Jflem1983 wrote:In the past. RCMP have blown up pipeline installations and wellheads. To frame Weibo Ludwig. This is documented in court . 50/50. Cops or activists. I doubt it was natural explosion just out of the blue thin air.

It will be interesting to find out how the pipeline exploded. These things are inspected on a regular basis.

And it’s funny how the timing is perfect with the LNG announcement. Just sayin.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

TreeGuy wrote:
It will be interesting to find out how the pipeline exploded. These things are inspected on a regular basis.

The definition of explosion is a bit vague. I think a more accurate description at this point of available evidence is that a 900 psi natural gas line ruptured. 900 psi is a pressure that most cannot appreciate if they have never worked in an industry that deals with these levels and higher. It is an ungodly amount of kinetic energy being released from a 3 ft diameter pipe. Most definitely creating a sonic boom and what people may have heard and described as explosion. The fire did not come from dynamite or any other kind of incendiary device. It came as a result of spark ignition from sand, rocks, and small boulders being propelled by 900 psi of natural gas colliding and creating those little sparks we created as kids when two rocks were banged together. At some point, probably in less than a second, two rocks collided and created a spark in a point far enough away from the rupture were the sweet spot of about 11% gas/air mixture allowed combustion to occur. Then you have fireball. If the air/gas sweet spot is large enough.....a concussive wave boom would be heard. This would however be secondary to the rupture and not the cause of the rupture.
IMO, this was a pipe failure. Weld, pipe seam, steel flaw not detected.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

anyone start a gofundme for fortis yet??? im sure that they are reeling and need to offset the losses somehow. consumers should go above and beyond just paying more in costs and give more. after all - what would we all be without big businesses like fortis? they are everything.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

burnedatstake wrote:
holy naive batman! so - you are saying that the ONLY resource available is that consumer product which goes through that line? and that there is no resources heading straight down to the US or onto ships for sale? just stop the gas from getting out of province and being sold for a bit. problem solved. we are not here to subsidize companies - sorry the emergency is theirs. we give them far too much already. if there was a problem on some poor consumers home that had to do with fortis gas - would they move all their opportunities for hook up fees and fix the problem right away? i think not. benevolence my :cuss:

Quite obviously, my efforts in pointing out that you are clueless are unwarranted. You are a master at it yourself.

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Gas prices in Metro Vancouver went up to 161.9, thats a 20 cent per litre increase since last week. It was one flippin' pipeline and that causes prices to spike more and quicker than the Iraq invading Kuwait? :laugh:
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

burnedatstake wrote:anyone start a gofundme for fortis yet??? im sure that they are reeling and need to offset the losses somehow. consumers should go above and beyond just paying more in costs and give more. after all - what would we all be without big businesses like fortis? they are everything.

Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

they will drag their feet as long as possible to repair this blow out... the longer they take the higher the price of gas will go in bc. this is perfect for their plan to get gasoline up to 2 dollars a liter. in bc, nowhere else. right now in toronto they can get gas at 1.12 dollars a liter. what a effin ripoff. this is blatant price fixing and only out in bc... any excuse to put it up and they will and the media seems to support this. whenever they show the price in bc they should show what it is in the rest of canada so the bc ers can see the real scope they are being gouged. this is really hurting someone like me who is retired and trying to live within my means... its sure is plane to see that no one is looking out for the retired or the working stiff out west anyways.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

burnedatstake wrote:holy naive batman! so - you are saying that the ONLY resource available is that consumer product which goes through that line? and that there is no resources heading straight down to the US or onto ships for sale? just stop the gas from getting out of province and being sold for a bit. problem solved.
For those a bit naive in math, only about 25% as much as usual gas is flowing south, and zero means they "stopped the gas from getting out of the province".

Oct 15 (Reuters) - The amount of natural gas moving from British Columbia to Washington state through the Sumas hub edged up over the weekend after Enbridge Inc last week returned a pipeline to service following a pipe blast in British Columbia.

The reduction in the amount of gas flowing through the point, however, caused prices at the hub to rocket to their highest since 2014.

Enbridge returned a 30-inch (76-centimeter) gas pipe in British Columbia that was shut after a fire on an adjacent 36-inch line on Oct. 9, leading to supply disruptions in British Columbia and Washington.

Enbridge said Sunday it was building a road to bring equipment to the site of the blast to fix the damaged pipe. The company, however, did not say when the damaged pipe would return to service.

The amount of gas flowing through the Sumas Hub from British Columbia to Sumas rose to 0.3 billion cubic feet per day (bcfd) over the weekend from 0.2 bcfd on Thursday and Friday and zero on Wednesday.

In the 30 days prior to the Oct. 9 blast, the amount of gas flowing through the Sumas hub averaged about 1.1 bcfd, according to data from Refinitiv.

One billion cubic feet of gas is enough to fuel about 5 million U.S. homes for a day.

Next-day prices at the Sumas hub <NG-PX-HUN-SNL> jumped to $8.64 per million British thermal units (mmBtu) for Monday, their highest since February 2014, from $2.90 for Friday, according to data from SNL.

In addition to cutting gas supplies to the Fortis BC gas utility in British Columbia and Puget Sound Energy in Washington, the pipeline shutdowns caused at least three refineries in Washington to shut or curb operations.

Fortis BC is a unit of Canadian energy company Fortis Inc .

Gas pipes into Washington can transport about 1.8 bcfd from British Columbia, 2.6 bcfd from Idaho and 0.8 bcfd from Oregon.

Gas pipes out of Washington, meanwhile, can move about 0.05 bcfd to British Columbia, 0.06 bcfd to Idaho and 3.6 bcfd to Oregon.

Most of the gas that comes into Washington from Idaho ends up in California. That gas comes from Canada.

(Reporting by Scott DiSavino Editing by Marguerita Choy)
So in other words, the supply to the US dropped to 0 on Wednesday.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

TreeGuy wrote:Is it too soon to speculate that this could be the result of pipeline activists?

I know I am not the only one wondering this.

Probably an inside job.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Veovis wrote:
Merry wrote:You're right, you're not the only one. I too was wondering about the possibility of sabotage. Some radical activists will go to almost any length to achieve their goals.

If this does turn out to be sabotage, I hope they catch the perpetrators and "throw the book at them", because this kind of activity is dangerous.

If it does, and I've been wondering as well, then caught and jail is required. I would also hope that it would be enough to swing public sentiment so that they actually enforce the rules and laws on the other paid groups out there. ....and by that I mean just finally walk in with riot gear and crack some idiots and be done with it.

Exactly the purpose of an inside sabotage job. They want the pipe line, so do you - so do many. this might be the means to the change you all demand.

Return to “B.C.”