Free sex changes. Paid for by tax payer

countmeout
Übergod

Re: Free sex changes. Paid for by tax payer

Post by countmeout »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_dysphoria

I'm curious about how people here on the forums feel about body dysphoria. I myself see a close link to wanting to be disabled with wanting to be a different gender. Both are a permanent, non-reversable surgery to help the patient feel that their body matches their thoughts. Does anyone else see a correlation? Does anyone feel that sex changes are more appropriate then removal of limbs? How does someone who doesn't suffer from either issue gauge which issue is more serious and real?
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

normaM wrote:^^^ the People you have been trash talking about are
" actual people" Dude you are seriously missing a chip or 40
Don't approve? Don't get the surgery
Disgusting comments. You should be ashamed

Some people don't know how to live and let live. Some people won't come around and are to busy worrying about others lives instead of focusing on their own problems. Thankfully these out of touch intolerant views are slowly but surely dieing off. People that have so much hate in their hearts are going to live very misserible lives as the world progresses and leaves them and their outdated views rightfully behind.. live and let live or be grumpy and misserible, it's a choice. Either way we as a society as whole are going to keep progressing forward with understanding, compassion and a little bit of laughter at the backwards hicks that can't get with the times.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

BC will no longer cover circumcision costs that at least has some hygienic argument because it has been determined to just be a cosmetic surgery but BC will cover removal of testes and inverting a penis to fashion a tube to resemble a vagina is just fine???
I always suspected Dix had an inside out Penis but never imagined that Horgan might as well.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

LiamHaddock wrote:Some people don't know how to live and let live. Some people won't come around and are to busy worrying about others lives instead of focusing on their own problems. Thankfully these out of touch intolerant views are slowly but surely dieing off. People that have so much hate in their hearts are going to live very misserible lives as the world progresses and leaves them and their outdated views rightfully behind.. live and let live or be grumpy and misserible, it's a choice. Either way we as a society as whole are going to keep progressing forward with understanding, compassion and a little bit of laughter at the backwards hicks that can't get with the times.

No, you're wrong. This isn't about letting people live how they want. This is about using tax payer dollars for a cosmetic surgery that has been deemed a medical necessity for people who suffer from a rare mental issue; their mind doesn't align with their body. Read up on my other post about body dysphoria and let me know where you stand on amputation of working limbs because a person identifies as a disabled person.

Dismiss this as a backwards hick problem that can't get with the times if you must. All I hear from that statement is name calling and bullying to get other people to agree with your views. You call it progression of society to agree with you but don't give any reason as to why this is progress. Look at the circumcision fact above my post. I don't know if this is true, but if it is, what gives government the right to deny this simple procedure yet make everyone pay to change peoples gender? Doesn't make much sense, doesn't appear like forward progress to me.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

When you try and compare someone's gender not matching there body to cutting off limbs because someone wants to live disabled it shows how out of touch you are. When you call transgender problems mental health issues and purely cosmetic issues you don't get it. People deflect and make excuses for their hate simply because they don't understand and don't want transgender people to get the help and support they need to live a good life. Allowing someone to correct their biological body to match their gender and live a good healthy happy life where their body and gender are both correct is not the same as cutting limbs off so someone can be disabled. It's the opposite your are enabling transgender to live a full and happy life and correcting a mismatch of their gender/body. By changing sexs your not disabling or limiting someone your are empowering and allowing someone to have a better more fulfilling life.

Thankfully our government and the majority do not listen to random castanet posts or the out of touch minority against helping transgender people. Same with addictions and homeless issues ect.. our government and society will progress. And like I said before you can get with the times or be grumpy. I prefer to be happy and supportive of my fellow community members, trans people included. Many health issues need better funding for conditions that also don't effect me as well and I'd support funding them as well. It's not all about me and what i understand want or even approve of necessarily. I'm just happy people are getting the support they need.

So stay grumpy if you prefer but it will only get worse as we as a society move forward and you and others outdated views are literally left to die. Younger people are way more open minded and supportive of stuff like this. I'm not even that old and I notice a huge gap between my mostly progressive peers and my cousins 10 years younger. The general voting populations is consistently getting more progressive. Governments know it and know they only have to humor and pretend to listen to backwards hate filled old school views and opinions. Again live and let live. It's not going to effect you besides some of "your tax dollars" being used for it. Theres lots we all agree taxes are wasted on and a lot we would disagree is waste but it will be spent to better our scoiety as a whole and I'm ok with funding stuff I don't like if it's better for society as a whole. Why be grumpy about stuff that doesn't effect me and will move forward with or without my support. It takes way to much energy to be grumpy and full of hate all the time.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

LeeSnelson wrote:I'm Transgender and have had surgery's provided from the MSP, first of all I would like to thank all B.C residents for turning my living hell into a fairly manageable and happy life. I have something called Gender dysphoria,I didn't ask for it, I didn't wake up one morning and decide I wanted to rip people off, I just suffered in silence for 49 years till I reached out and you excepted me.
Now I don't expect everyone to look at things so happily as I do, but then again having Gender Dysphoria isn't a walk in the park either, you see I look at this way, if we can treat smokers for cancer and we treat athletes for new hips and knees and we treat addiction and homelessness then surely we can treat people who just simply want to live their lives as the real them.
By the way Ive paid into MSP for 40 years so far, I don't smoke, I don't drink only on occasion and keep myself in very good shape, in conclusion I paid for this too :)

This is an issue to do with the government and the use of Individual Canadian tax payers money, it is not an issue with those who have gender confusion or who have transitioned - The government is to represent what the whole wants and take action, I have needs of my own that are to do with affording a home to live and healthy food to eat, bills such as heat and cool air during fire season - should I not pay my tax so that I can have a home, heat and fresh vegatables by paying for them with my tax money? no, because I would be considered a criminal. So I must pay my taxes and trust the government to at minimum help me with basic survival requirements - though they do not.

This is not about the people who are struggling to find peace internally about their appearance, this is about the government spending our tax dollars (without permission) on issues that are not life and death. If the government made sure that all peoples were housed and fed first, this might not be much of an issue.

Although there are people who believe it is wrong to butcher the temple God provided, and should have the right not to support such actions.

PS Cigarette smokers are the highest taxed in this country, so they pay beyond fair share for their cancer treatment, its not the government paying for their treatment. Be clear about that.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

normaM wrote:^^^ the People you have been trash talking about are
" actual people" Dude you are seriously missing a chip or 40
Don't approve? Don't get the surgery
Disgusting comments. You should be ashamed

Government not using tax payers money to help those who are at risk of death, whether it be through homelessness, malnourishment, cant afford heat in cold months or cool in hot months, people and pets who are grappling with illness who cannot afford their medicine instead using Canadian tax payers money to re-build a vagina into a penis or vice-versa is a crime against Canadian people.

And seriously, stop using mental health to call out other human beings, its disgusting and every time it is used on the forum ferri should be editing it or delete the entire comment, according to the rules.

I am sick of coming here to read all of you beating each other down about personal mental health. its a real mental illness in itself.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Since having my 3 kids, I do not feel that my body matches my gender. You see, I am in a biologically female body of a woman who has given birth to and nursed three children. Yet, I identify as a female with larger breasts. My body simply does not match my feelings; does this qualify me for breast augmentation?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

miss_sterious wrote:Since having my 3 kids, I do not feel that my body matches my gender. You see, I am in a biologically female body of a woman who has given birth to and nursed three children. Yet, I identify as a female with larger breasts. My body simply does not match my feelings; does this qualify me for breast augmentation?

This comment is just stupid. Go to the gym and eat healthy. These aren't people who, on whim, want to be a dude. This is a serious medical condition. Good for us for leading the way on providing the medical care they need and booo to everyone on here who just showed up to be an :cuss:
Last edited by ferri on Nov 21st, 2018, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 21st, 2018, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

JLives wrote:
miss_sterious wrote:Since having my 3 kids, I do not feel that my body matches my gender. You see, I am in a biologically female body of a woman who has given birth to and nursed three children. Yet, I identify as a female with larger breasts. My body simply does not match my feelings; does this qualify me for breast augmentation?

This comment is just stupid. Go to the gym and eat healthy. These aren't people who, on whim, want to be a dude. This is a serious medical condition. Good for us for leading the way on providing the medical care they need and booo to everyone on here who just showed up to be an :cuss:

So are you saying that trans people are mentally ill?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No this statement qualifies you to sit down and read, absorb what you've learned and see it your analogy fits.

I'll save you time. "No." Your analogy regarding breast augumentation and transgender do not match, you have created a comparison which is apples to oranges.

Please try again.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Queen K wrote:

No this statement qualifies you to sit down and read, absorb what you've learned and see it your analogy fits.

I'll save you time. "No." Your analogy regarding breast augumentation and transgender do not match, you have created a comparison which is apples to oranges.

Please try again.

So, even though I have a deep sense of dissatisfaction and distress with my body not matching how it feels I should, I don’t get breasts because I don’t have a penus? How are my feelings and quality of life less valid? This is very discriminatory, and also discounts the fact that gender and sex are not the same; and that we can all have our own gender. Why does this not apply to me?!
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

LiamHaddock wrote:When you try and compare someone's gender not matching there body to cutting off limbs because someone wants to live disabled it shows how out of touch you are. When you call transgender problems mental health issues and purely cosmetic issues you don't get it. People deflect and make excuses for their hate simply because they don't understand and don't want transgender people to get the help and support they need to live a good life. Allowing someone to correct their biological body to match their gender and live a good healthy happy life where their body and gender are both correct is not the same as cutting limbs off so someone can be disabled. It's the opposite your are enabling transgender to live a full and happy life and correcting a mismatch of their gender/body. By changing sexs your not disabling or limiting someone your are empowering and allowing someone to have a better more fulfilling life.

Thankfully our government and the majority do not listen to random castanet posts or the out of touch minority against helping transgender people. Same with addictions and homeless issues etc.. our government and society will progress. And like I said before you can get with the times or be grumpy. I prefer to be happy and supportive of my fellow community members, trans people included. Many health issues need better funding for conditions that also don't effect me as well and I'd support funding them as well. It's not all about me and what i understand want or even approve of necessarily. I'm just happy people are getting the support they need.

So stay grumpy if you prefer but it will only get worse as we as a society move forward and you and others outdated views are literally left to die. Younger people are way more open minded and supportive of stuff like this. I'm not even that old and I notice a huge gap between my mostly progressive peers and my cousins 10 years younger. The general voting populations is consistently getting more progressive. Governments know it and know they only have to humor and pretend to listen to backwards hate filled old school views and opinions. Again live and let live. It's not going to effect you besides some of "your tax dollars" being used for it. Theres lots we all agree taxes are wasted on and a lot we would disagree is waste but it will be spent to better our scoiety as a whole and I'm ok with funding stuff I don't like if it's better for society as a whole. Why be grumpy about stuff that doesn't effect me and will move forward with or without my support. It takes way to much energy to be grumpy and full of hate all the time.

Yea, make me sound hateful, that's how you win these arguments and shut the conversation down.
Try reading my first post in this thread to know how I stand:

countmeout wrote:Unfortunately all opposed to this will be labeled as a bigot or homophobe, possibly also intolerant. There is no way to have a constructive debate once one is labeled as such which shuts down the issue and allows ideas like this to flourish.

While the surgery should be available to anyone, it should cost the individual, not the taxpayers.

This is a mental issue, plain and simple. The mind does not match the body. What about skin types, good looks, etc. People can not like their physical appearance to the point of suicide but the population won't agree for free plastic surgery for all who feel they should look better.

I've had to pay out of pocket for a couple surgeries in my life. One mandatory foot operation was only half covered and I had to out of pocket $500 for it. Seem fair?

I'll be friends, co-workers or family to any transgender (or LGBTQ for that matter) and show no signs of hate, never talk them down and fully accept them. They are good people and only one small issue arose which created a disconnection between body and mind, doesn't make them less of a person. It also doesn't make me a hateful person because I don't think government funds should be spent on elective non life threatening surgery. I was literally going to lose a toe and asked to pay for that surgery or too bad yet anyone who doesn't like their sexual parts can have them swapped out? Can't even get any dental work done for free no matter how bad your mouth hurts. It's a joke.

The next stage in our evolution as directed and called upon by many respected scientists is for humans to start editing their own DNA to produce smarter, stronger, better offspring. Once we remove the stigma from DNA manipulation and pay more attention to fetuses, most issues like this will be removed from our coding. My opinion won't be left in the dust but these DNA mutations will.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

[qute="miss_sterious"]
JLives wrote:

So are you saying that trans people are mentally ill?[/quote]

indeed pretty sick if you ask me.......
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “B.C.”